where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
looking for reliable flowmeter
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

05:10 Nov-04-2003

hairul

R & D
Nuclear Institute,
Malaysia,
Joined Oct 2003
looking for reliable flowmeter

I'm looking for a reliable flowmeter for measuring liquid, water and oil inside a pipeline. Currently, I'm using Doppler Flowmeter from Dynamic Fluid Systems. I woud appreciate if someone can advise on this.
Regards.

03:19 Nov-05-2003

Marius Dinu

NDT Inspector, Pre-service and In-Service Inspections
General Electric - Life Extension Services,
Romania,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: looking for reliable flowmeter ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I'm looking for a reliable flowmeter for measuring liquid, water and oil inside a pipeline. Currently, I'm using Doppler Flowmeter from Dynamic Fluid Systems. I woud appreciate if someone can advise on this.
: Regards.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Look after Controlotron Corporation (www.controlotron.com) in NY, USA. They have a lot of ultrasonic flowmeters (both transit time method and Doppler effect) that can be suitable for your application.

Best regards,

Marius DINU

06:41 Nov-10-2003
Peter Vogt
Re: looking for reliable flowmeter ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I'm looking for a reliable flowmeter for measuring liquid, water and oil inside a pipeline. Currently, I'm using Doppler Flowmeter from Dynamic Fluid Systems. I woud appreciate if someone can advise on this.
: Regards.

Hello,

please let us know your country. After that we can pass your inquiry to the appropriate location for assistance.

Best regards

Peter Vogt

02:49 Nov-23-2003
rodney
: : I'm looking for a reliable flowmeter for measuring liquid, water and oil inside a pipeline. Currently, I'm using Doppler Flowmeter from Dynamic Fluid Systems. I woud appreciate if someone can advise on this.
: : Regards.
: Look after Controlotron Corporation (www.controlotron.com) in NY, USA. They have a lot of ultrasonic flowmeters (both transit time method and Doppler effect) that can be suitable for your application.
: Best regards,
: Marius DINU

endruss-hauser flowmeters are the most reliable of any flowmeter i have ever used, install very easy and adaptable to any control scheme. install them and forget about them. calibration has become a thing of the past with these babies.

00:52 Mar-20-2004
thomas engel
: : : I'm looking for a reliable flowmeter for measuring liquid, water and oil inside a pipeline. Currently, I'm using Doppler Flowmeter from Dynamic Fluid Systems. I woud appreciate if someone can advise on this.
: : : Regards.
: : Look after Controlotron Corporation (www.controlotron.com) in NY, USA. They have a lot of ultrasonic flowmeters (both transit time method and Doppler effect) that can be suitable for your application.
: : Best regards,
: : Marius DINU
: endruss-hauser flowmeters are the most reliable of any flowmeter i have ever used, install very easy and adaptable to any control scheme. install them and forget about them. calibration has become a thing of the past with these babies.

We have developed a new class of clamp on flow meters that use long wavelengths for measurement. Please see www.cidra.com sonartrac

00:14 Mar-25-2004
Thomas Engel
: : : : I'm looking for a reliable flowmeter for measuring liquid, water and oil inside a pipeline. Currently, I'm using Doppler Flowmeter from Dynamic Fluid Systems. I woud appreciate if someone can advise on this.
: : : : Regards.
: : : Look after Controlotron Corporation (www.controlotron.com) in NY, USA. They have a lot of ultrasonic flowmeters (both transit time method and Doppler effect) that can be suitable for your application.
: : : Best regards,
: : : Marius DINU
: : endruss-hauser flowmeters are the most reliable of any flowmeter i have ever used, install very easy and adaptable to any control scheme. install them and forget about them. calibration has become a thing of the past with these babies.
: We have developed a new class of clamp on flow meters that use long wavelengths for measurement. Please see www.cidra.com sonartrac

As a follow-up to my previous response I wouldlike to point out that our SONARtrac technology uses long wavelengths (on the order of feet) to detect flowrate. We passively listen to the vortices traveling down the pipe. Using array processing we break the signal down into its component wavelengths. Each wavelength has associated with it a particular frequency. The frequency is inversely proportional to the wavelength with the flow velocity as the proportionallity constant. Longer wavelengths cause low freqency signals, shorter wavelengths cause high frequencu signals. Averaging over the relations gives us a robust measure of the flowrate.

07:07 Nov-09-2004
Hilfred D'Costa
Re: looking for reliable flowmeter I may be too late but you could try EESIFLO's 11FP series which is a digital based clamp on flowmeter using advanced signal processing algorithms . We have had no problems in getting accurate measurements with this tool

09:39 Aug-19-2005
Donald Trump
flowmeters maybe I am too late but don't use dopplers. They are terrible for most applications except slurries and highly aerated pipes. Some manufacturers do not limit the applications of their dopplers and tell the world that they can measure anything. This is not true. We have experience with many manufacturers in the past and know which technology works well

Jonathan Jameson

06:33 Aug-24-2005
DJ Kallhof
Re: flowmeters I do not know what application you are looking for but I have had great success with Flow Technologies, Inc out of Phoenix Arizona. They're web site would be a good place to start. Check them out at www.ftimeters.com or if you prefer talking to someone give them a call at (602) 437-1315. Good luck.
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: maybe I am too late but don't use dopplers. They are terrible for most applications except slurries and highly aerated pipes. Some manufacturers do not limit the applications of their dopplers and tell the world that they can measure anything. This is not true. We have experience with many manufacturers in the past and know which technology works well
: Jonathan Jameson

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|