where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Robert Gettings
Robert Gettings
01:18 Aug-07-2000
SRM 1851 Penetrant Test Block

Please allow me to introduce myself, I am a project manager at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and am responsible for our Standard Reference Material 1851 Penetrant Test block.

This is a standard we have supplied to industry for many years. I am interested in finding out what the industry need is for continuing availability of this material. If interested, please respond to me at robert.gettings@nist.gov. The attached link is a view of the SRM 1851 certificate FYI.

Thank you.
Rob

Mike Lucht
Mike Lucht
06:17 Feb-25-2002
Re: SRM 1851 Penetrant Test Block
Rob,
Is this standard still available? If so how do I go about procuring one?

: Please allow me to introduce myself, I am a project manager at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and am responsible for our Standard Reference Material 1851 Penetrant Test block.

: This is a standard we have supplied to industry for many years. I am interested in finding out what the industry need is for continuing availability of this material. If interested, please respond to me at robert.gettings@nist.gov. The attached link is a view of the SRM 1851 certificate FYI.

: Thank you.
: Rob

Product Spotlight

MANTIS

MANTIS is a compact, powerful and affordable flaw detector (16:64PR), dedicated to field operators
. This portable equipment offers standard (electronic-, sector-, compound scan, conventional UT for pulse-echo, dual array and TOFD inspections), and advanced phased-array (real-time TFM -Total Focusing Method). MANTIS benefits from the same intuitive and user-friendly interface (CAPTURE) than Gekko for easier inspections.
>

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

Extended Range Variable Wall® Piping Calibration Blocks for Longseam Inspection

This set of two blocks has been specially designed for situations where ultrasonic examination tak
es place circumferentially or “around the curve” for applications such as inspection of longseam welds in piping and vessels. Jointly designed by PH Tool and Holloway NDT, the blocks feature side-drilled hole reflectors positioned within novel compound-curves, each with multiple thickness steps. The unique design results in a light and compact form factor, with the largest block weighing just over 15 lbs and spanning just 16 ¾”. Coverage is provided for nominal pipe sizes from 6” to 10” in the small block and 12” to a whopping 56” in the large block. The compound OD curves and multiple wall thicknesses actually exceed ASME requirements, providing exceptional signal response and measurement accuracy. Properly managing beam divergence off the ID and stabilizing beam skew due to probe rocking is essential to maintaining a consistent calibration when inspecting lengthwise on curved surfaces.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window