where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
Dennis Kallhof
Dennis Kallhof
04:30 Dec-11-2003
NAS 410 & classroom hours

Thanks to NAS 410, I am currently experiencing a shortage of classroom hours for the initial qualification of my NDT inspectors. Evidently, it's 2nd revision dated Feb,03 requires double the hours for PT (from 16 to 32)and a 60% increase for MT(20 to 32). A recent audit finding against our company was from past qualifications falling short of the newly required hours. Has anyone experienced similar headaches. Other than putting a statement in the Qual/Cert file stating the Level III has determined past training adequate to the new requirement, I am at a loss.

William Blum
Consultant, Training, Level III Services
NDT Consulting Group Inc., USA, Joined Nov 2000, 89

William Blum

Consultant, Training, Level III Services
NDT Consulting Group Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 2000
06:08 Dec-14-2003
Re: NAS 410 & classroom hours
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Thanks to NAS 410, I am currently experiencing a shortage of classroom hours for the initial qualification of my NDT inspectors. Evidently, it's 2nd revision dated Feb,03 requires double the hours for PT (from 16 to 32)and a 60% increase for MT(20 to 32). A recent audit finding against our company was from past qualifications falling short of the newly required hours. Has anyone experienced similar headaches. Other than putting a statement in the Qual/Cert file stating the Level III has determined past training adequate to the new requirement, I am at a loss.
------------ End Original Message ------------

You could have your Level III conduct additional training to "top up" the hours.

Product Spotlight

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window