where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
NAS 410 & classroom hours
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

04:30 Dec-11-2003
Dennis Kallhof
NAS 410 & classroom hours

Thanks to NAS 410, I am currently experiencing a shortage of classroom hours for the initial qualification of my NDT inspectors. Evidently, it's 2nd revision dated Feb,03 requires double the hours for PT (from 16 to 32)and a 60% increase for MT(20 to 32). A recent audit finding against our company was from past qualifications falling short of the newly required hours. Has anyone experienced similar headaches. Other than putting a statement in the Qual/Cert file stating the Level III has determined past training adequate to the new requirement, I am at a loss.

06:08 Dec-14-2003

William Blum

Consultant, Training, Level III Services
NDT Consulting Group Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 2000
Re: NAS 410 & classroom hours ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Thanks to NAS 410, I am currently experiencing a shortage of classroom hours for the initial qualification of my NDT inspectors. Evidently, it's 2nd revision dated Feb,03 requires double the hours for PT (from 16 to 32)and a 60% increase for MT(20 to 32). A recent audit finding against our company was from past qualifications falling short of the newly required hours. Has anyone experienced similar headaches. Other than putting a statement in the Qual/Cert file stating the Level III has determined past training adequate to the new requirement, I am at a loss.
------------ End Original Message ------------

You could have your Level III conduct additional training to "top up" the hours.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|