where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

TecScan Systems
We offer a complete line of NDT scanners, Immersion Tanks & Gantry systems which incorporate Ultrasonic, Phased Array & Eddy Current technologies.

Career Discussions
Dennis Kallhof
Dennis Kallhof
04:30 Dec-11-2003
NAS 410 & classroom hours

Thanks to NAS 410, I am currently experiencing a shortage of classroom hours for the initial qualification of my NDT inspectors. Evidently, it's 2nd revision dated Feb,03 requires double the hours for PT (from 16 to 32)and a 60% increase for MT(20 to 32). A recent audit finding against our company was from past qualifications falling short of the newly required hours. Has anyone experienced similar headaches. Other than putting a statement in the Qual/Cert file stating the Level III has determined past training adequate to the new requirement, I am at a loss.

William Blum
Consultant, Training, Level III Services
NDT Consulting Group Inc., USA, Joined Nov 2000, 89

William Blum

Consultant, Training, Level III Services
NDT Consulting Group Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 2000
06:08 Dec-14-2003
Re: NAS 410 & classroom hours
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Thanks to NAS 410, I am currently experiencing a shortage of classroom hours for the initial qualification of my NDT inspectors. Evidently, it's 2nd revision dated Feb,03 requires double the hours for PT (from 16 to 32)and a 60% increase for MT(20 to 32). A recent audit finding against our company was from past qualifications falling short of the newly required hours. Has anyone experienced similar headaches. Other than putting a statement in the Qual/Cert file stating the Level III has determined past training adequate to the new requirement, I am at a loss.
------------ End Original Message ------------

You could have your Level III conduct additional training to "top up" the hours.

Product Spotlight

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window