where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Hillger NDT GmbH
was founded in 1984 and develops special ultrasonic imaging systems for high-tech materials.

Career Discussions
ariestiawan,ronnie
ariestiawan,ronnie
04:23 Jan-16-2004
Pressure gauge calibrator

Any one have information about device for calibrating pressure gauge

frank davis
frank davis
05:07 Jan-19-2004
Re: Pressure gauge calibrator
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Any one have information about device for calibrating pressure gauge
------------ End Original Message ------------

You will to find someone with a deadweight tester.
Most testers have a low pressure and high pressure
fixtures.

Brian Tolan
Brian Tolan
09:48 Feb-06-2004
Re: Pressure gauge calibrator
Yes, I agree with Mr. Davis concerning the dead weight tester at a calibration shop. I would take a moment; however, to consider the age and type of the gauge in question. I have, at times, calibrated units which were, in my opinion, due to be replaced. It's all about comfort and economy of scale. Would you, by chance, happen to have the specifications and approximate age of the unit in question? Please Advise. Thank You & Best Regards - Tolan

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : Any one have information about device for calibrating pressure gauge
: You will to find someone with a deadweight tester.
: Most testers have a low pressure and high pressure
: fixtures.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Nagendran
Nagendran
03:41 Jun-23-2004
Pressure Gauge Calibrator
From my experience, to calibrate a pressure gauge, it would be really practical with use of a digital pressure calibrator. Its accurate, easier in calibration methodology and will be able to get the error percentage much better without the need to estimate, which most often done with a dwt. One excellent product is Beamex MC5 series, available at www.beamex.com. You can check your local supplier from its website.

I am not denying the use of a dwt, but there is a place and application which the use of dwt will be more beneficial compared to calibrating pressure gauges. I can forward you more information on calibration methodology using a digital pressure calibrator compared to a dwt, if needed.

You will primarily need to accertain that the pressure gauge is in good working condition. A pre-test of the pressure range indicated will be good. I will also recommend that you shall not over-pressure the gauge more than 90% of its working range so that you may not damage or overs-span the pressure gauge at test.

Should you need more info, reach me at my email.

Product Spotlight

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

OPBOX with standard software is able to do all types of inspections and measurements: flaw detection in welds and materials, scanning of objects, testing composite materials, forged and moulded pieces, many UT inspections, measurements of properties of ma

Typical applications: UT measurements with pulse technique, Measurement of thicknesses also at hig
h temperatures, Measurements of properties of materials, including fluids and gases We are delivering a standard version of the software (for any Microsoft Windows up to 10 x64 with Microsoft Hardware certification report Approved) and for special needs: SDK with ready to use examples for LabView, MATLAB x64, C++ wrapper for dll, Python and Linux., and also low-level description of how to control our devices directly from any USB tools
>

MANTIS

MANTIS is a compact, powerful and affordable flaw detector (16:64PR), dedicated to field operators
. This portable equipment offers standard (electronic-, sector-, compound scan, conventional UT for pulse-echo, dual array and TOFD inspections), and advanced phased-array (real-time TFM -Total Focusing Method). MANTIS benefits from the same intuitive and user-friendly interface (CAPTURE) than Gekko for easier inspections.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler 6''-60''

Suitable to work in 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometer
s and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window