where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
Pressure gauge calibrator
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Vallen-Systeme GmbH
The Acoustic Emission Company! Since 1987 Vallen stands for competence and continuity in AE and for reliable business cooperation and support.

04:23 Jan-16-2004
ariestiawan,ronnie
Pressure gauge calibrator

Any one have information about device for calibrating pressure gauge

05:07 Jan-19-2004
frank davis
Re: Pressure gauge calibrator ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Any one have information about device for calibrating pressure gauge
------------ End Original Message ------------

You will to find someone with a deadweight tester.
Most testers have a low pressure and high pressure
fixtures.

09:48 Feb-06-2004
Brian Tolan
Re: Pressure gauge calibrator Yes, I agree with Mr. Davis concerning the dead weight tester at a calibration shop. I would take a moment; however, to consider the age and type of the gauge in question. I have, at times, calibrated units which were, in my opinion, due to be replaced. It's all about comfort and economy of scale. Would you, by chance, happen to have the specifications and approximate age of the unit in question? Please Advise. Thank You & Best Regards - Tolan

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : Any one have information about device for calibrating pressure gauge
: You will to find someone with a deadweight tester.
: Most testers have a low pressure and high pressure
: fixtures.
------------ End Original Message ------------

03:41 Jun-23-2004
Nagendran
Pressure Gauge Calibrator From my experience, to calibrate a pressure gauge, it would be really practical with use of a digital pressure calibrator. Its accurate, easier in calibration methodology and will be able to get the error percentage much better without the need to estimate, which most often done with a dwt. One excellent product is Beamex MC5 series, available at www.beamex.com. You can check your local supplier from its website.

I am not denying the use of a dwt, but there is a place and application which the use of dwt will be more beneficial compared to calibrating pressure gauges. I can forward you more information on calibration methodology using a digital pressure calibrator compared to a dwt, if needed.

You will primarily need to accertain that the pressure gauge is in good working condition. A pre-test of the pressure range indicated will be good. I will also recommend that you shall not over-pressure the gauge more than 90% of its working range so that you may not damage or overs-span the pressure gauge at test.

Should you need more info, reach me at my email.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|