where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
ariestiawan,ronnie
ariestiawan,ronnie
04:23 Jan-16-2004
Pressure gauge calibrator

Any one have information about device for calibrating pressure gauge

frank davis
frank davis
05:07 Jan-19-2004
Re: Pressure gauge calibrator
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Any one have information about device for calibrating pressure gauge
------------ End Original Message ------------

You will to find someone with a deadweight tester.
Most testers have a low pressure and high pressure
fixtures.

Brian Tolan
Brian Tolan
09:48 Feb-06-2004
Re: Pressure gauge calibrator
Yes, I agree with Mr. Davis concerning the dead weight tester at a calibration shop. I would take a moment; however, to consider the age and type of the gauge in question. I have, at times, calibrated units which were, in my opinion, due to be replaced. It's all about comfort and economy of scale. Would you, by chance, happen to have the specifications and approximate age of the unit in question? Please Advise. Thank You & Best Regards - Tolan

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : Any one have information about device for calibrating pressure gauge
: You will to find someone with a deadweight tester.
: Most testers have a low pressure and high pressure
: fixtures.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Nagendran
Nagendran
03:41 Jun-23-2004
Pressure Gauge Calibrator
From my experience, to calibrate a pressure gauge, it would be really practical with use of a digital pressure calibrator. Its accurate, easier in calibration methodology and will be able to get the error percentage much better without the need to estimate, which most often done with a dwt. One excellent product is Beamex MC5 series, available at www.beamex.com. You can check your local supplier from its website.

I am not denying the use of a dwt, but there is a place and application which the use of dwt will be more beneficial compared to calibrating pressure gauges. I can forward you more information on calibration methodology using a digital pressure calibrator compared to a dwt, if needed.

You will primarily need to accertain that the pressure gauge is in good working condition. A pre-test of the pressure range indicated will be good. I will also recommend that you shall not over-pressure the gauge more than 90% of its working range so that you may not damage or overs-span the pressure gauge at test.

Should you need more info, reach me at my email.

Product Spotlight

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

SITEX CPSERIES

Teledyne ICM’s CPSERIES has been designed with a view to revolutionizing the handling and perfor
mances of portable X-Ray sets. Despite having managed to halve the weight of similar portable X-Ray generators available on the market (while continuing to provide the same power output), the SITEX CPSERIES generators feature a shutter, a laser pointer, a beryllium window, an aluminum filter and two integrated diaphragms (customized sizes are available upon request). Without compromising the robustness and reliability for which ICM products are renowned, the small size and light weight of the SITEX CPSERIES will radically change the way that you perform your RT inspections. And you will see a positive impact in terms of both quality and return on investment (ROI).
>

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window