where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Mobile-Friendly Implementation in Progress

YXLON International GmbH
X-ray and CT based NDT systems for a wide range of industrial applications.

Career Discussions
John Wagner
Engineering
Tenneco Automotive, USA, Joined Apr 2004, 3

John Wagner

Engineering
Tenneco Automotive,
USA,
Joined Apr 2004
06:22 Aug-11-2004
NDT analysis of bond failures in bushings

Some time ago I asked if anyone had a NDT method for determining the presence of a bond failure in a bushing. The bushing in general is a torus of rubber assebled coaxially between to metal cylinders. I received some answers generally of the type, "Let me see one and I'll let you know". I did not have enough examples to answer that type of question. Obviously, we attempt to avoid developing those. I now have some from a DOE study. If anyone is still interested in addressing this problem, please let me know.

Boyd Howard
Consultant, In-house NDT consultant
Westinghouse Savannah River Company, USA, Joined Aug 2000, 3

Boyd Howard

Consultant, In-house NDT consultant
Westinghouse Savannah River Company,
USA,
Joined Aug 2000
04:48 Aug-12-2004
Re: NDT analysis of bond failures in bushings
----------- Start Original Message -----------
Our computed tomography team has successfully evaluated something very similar. If you want to discuss this further, please contact me.

: Some time ago I asked if anyone had a NDT method for determining the presence of a bond failure in a bushing. The bushing in general is a torus of rubber assebled coaxially between to metal cylinders. I received some answers generally of the type, "Let me see one and I'll let you know". I did not have enough examples to answer that type of question. Obviously, we attempt to avoid developing those. I now have some from a DOE study. If anyone is still interested in addressing this problem, please let me know.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Randy Plis
Sales,
Metals Testing Company, USA, Joined Jun 2002, 9

Randy Plis

Sales,
Metals Testing Company,
USA,
Joined Jun 2002
09:22 Aug-16-2004
Hello John,

Yes, we are interested at taking a look at your application. Bond testing is one of our most frequent applications. Please send us a sample and additional detail. We are an NDE facility that has both production and R&D capabilities.

Best regards,
Randy Plis

Metals Testing Company
80 Kimberly Drive
South Windsor, CT 06074
(USA

+1-860-289-8225
mtc62@aol.com
www.mtc62.com

: Some time ago I asked if anyone had a NDT method for determining the presence of a bond failure in a bushing. The bushing in general is a torus of rubber assebled coaxially between to metal cylinders. I received some answers generally of the type, "Let me see one and I'll let you know". I did not have enough examples to answer that type of question. Obviously, we attempt to avoid developing those. I now have some from a DOE study. If anyone is still interested in addressing this problem, please let me know.

Simon Amallraja
Simon Amallraja
09:13 Aug-18-2004

We represent Zetec Inc, USA in India. They have similar application equipments in thier range. You can contact us or Zetec directly.

Regards.

D.Simon Amallraja.

R J Chaudhari
Director,
CALTECH ENGINEERING SERVICES, India, Joined Mar 2003, 13

R J Chaudhari

Director,
CALTECH ENGINEERING SERVICES,
India,
Joined Mar 2003
05:16 Aug-21-2004
NDT analysis of bond failures in bushings
Your question is general. It does not specify rubber thickness, sizes of metallic cylinder. What type of metal has been used?
At this stage I can tell you to verify possibility of Sperk tester which is used for bonding between metal and rubber. I can make special device to suit your requirements. You may contact me on email caltech@vsnl.net

: : Some time ago I asked if anyone had a NDT method for determining the presence of a bond failure in a bushing. The bushing in general is a torus of rubber assebled coaxially between to metal cylinders. I received some answers generally of the type, "Let me see one and I'll let you know". I did not have enough examples to answer that type of question. Obviously, we attempt to avoid developing those. I now have some from a DOE study. If anyone is still interested in addressing this problem, please let me know.
: We represent Zetec Inc, USA in India. They have similar application equipments in thier range. You can contact us or Zetec directly.
: Regards.
: D.Simon Amallraja.

The IRIS 9000 turns Heat Exchangers Inside Out
The IRIS 9000 is specifically engineered to provide the most accurate NDT inspection results for
Iris Inspection Services, Inc.

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)
A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory
Varex Imaging

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge
The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key
Cygnus Instruments Ltd
5 Showcases 5 Videos Product Video

NozzleScan: Radial nozzle scanner with probe skew
NozzleScan is a versatile manual scanning solution developed for the inspection of nozzle welds
Phoenix Inspection Systems Limited
5 Showcases 5 Videos

More Showcases

Share...

We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window