where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

YXLON Copenhagen
YXLON Copenhagen is a highly specialized, award winning Danish company with 60 years of experience in portable X-ray solutions for industrial NDT.

Career Discussions
John Wagner
Engineering
Tenneco Automotive, USA, Joined Apr 2004, 3

John Wagner

Engineering
Tenneco Automotive,
USA,
Joined Apr 2004
06:22 Aug-11-2004
NDT analysis of bond failures in bushings

Some time ago I asked if anyone had a NDT method for determining the presence of a bond failure in a bushing. The bushing in general is a torus of rubber assebled coaxially between to metal cylinders. I received some answers generally of the type, "Let me see one and I'll let you know". I did not have enough examples to answer that type of question. Obviously, we attempt to avoid developing those. I now have some from a DOE study. If anyone is still interested in addressing this problem, please let me know.

Boyd Howard
Consultant, In-house NDT consultant
Westinghouse Savannah River Company, USA, Joined Aug 2000, 3

Boyd Howard

Consultant, In-house NDT consultant
Westinghouse Savannah River Company,
USA,
Joined Aug 2000
04:48 Aug-12-2004
Re: NDT analysis of bond failures in bushings
----------- Start Original Message -----------
Our computed tomography team has successfully evaluated something very similar. If you want to discuss this further, please contact me.

: Some time ago I asked if anyone had a NDT method for determining the presence of a bond failure in a bushing. The bushing in general is a torus of rubber assebled coaxially between to metal cylinders. I received some answers generally of the type, "Let me see one and I'll let you know". I did not have enough examples to answer that type of question. Obviously, we attempt to avoid developing those. I now have some from a DOE study. If anyone is still interested in addressing this problem, please let me know.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Randy Plis
Sales,
Metals Testing Company, USA, Joined Jun 2002, 9

Randy Plis

Sales,
Metals Testing Company,
USA,
Joined Jun 2002
09:22 Aug-16-2004
Hello John,

Yes, we are interested at taking a look at your application. Bond testing is one of our most frequent applications. Please send us a sample and additional detail. We are an NDE facility that has both production and R&D capabilities.

Best regards,
Randy Plis

Metals Testing Company
80 Kimberly Drive
South Windsor, CT 06074
(USA

+1-860-289-8225
mtc62@aol.com
www.mtc62.com

: Some time ago I asked if anyone had a NDT method for determining the presence of a bond failure in a bushing. The bushing in general is a torus of rubber assebled coaxially between to metal cylinders. I received some answers generally of the type, "Let me see one and I'll let you know". I did not have enough examples to answer that type of question. Obviously, we attempt to avoid developing those. I now have some from a DOE study. If anyone is still interested in addressing this problem, please let me know.

Simon Amallraja
Simon Amallraja
09:13 Aug-18-2004

We represent Zetec Inc, USA in India. They have similar application equipments in thier range. You can contact us or Zetec directly.

Regards.

D.Simon Amallraja.

R J Chaudhari
Director,
CALTECH ENGINEERING SERVICES, India, Joined Mar 2003, 13

R J Chaudhari

Director,
CALTECH ENGINEERING SERVICES,
India,
Joined Mar 2003
05:16 Aug-21-2004
NDT analysis of bond failures in bushings
Your question is general. It does not specify rubber thickness, sizes of metallic cylinder. What type of metal has been used?
At this stage I can tell you to verify possibility of Sperk tester which is used for bonding between metal and rubber. I can make special device to suit your requirements. You may contact me on email caltech@vsnl.net

: : Some time ago I asked if anyone had a NDT method for determining the presence of a bond failure in a bushing. The bushing in general is a torus of rubber assebled coaxially between to metal cylinders. I received some answers generally of the type, "Let me see one and I'll let you know". I did not have enough examples to answer that type of question. Obviously, we attempt to avoid developing those. I now have some from a DOE study. If anyone is still interested in addressing this problem, please let me know.
: We represent Zetec Inc, USA in India. They have similar application equipments in thier range. You can contact us or Zetec directly.
: Regards.
: D.Simon Amallraja.

Product Spotlight

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Immersion systems

ScanMaster ultrasonic immersion systems are designed for high throughput, multi shift operation in a
n industrial or lab environment. These fully integrated systems provide various scanning configurations and incorporate conventional and phased arrays technologies to support diverse applications, such as inspection of disks, bars, shafts, billets and plates. All of ScanMaster immersion systems are built from high accuracy scanning frames allowing for scanning of complex parts and include a multi-channel ultrasonic instrument with exceptional performance. The systems are approved by all major manufacturers for C-scan inspection of jet engine forged discs. Together with a comprehensive set of software modules these flexible series of systems provide the customer with the best price performance solutions.
>

Digital Radiography for Concrete Inspection

In the construction industry (buildings, bridges) there is a need for fast non- destructive means,
most commonly to locate targets (Pipes, Re-bars, Conduit, Fittings etc.) within concrete structures prior to drilling, cutting or coring. Measuring reinforcements is also performed for static calculations and to detect corrosion problems and damages. Cracks and voids can also be visualized. The examinations are not only restricted to concrete constructions; they can also be applied to reinforced masonry made of natural stones or bricks.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window