where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Career Discussions
Madiha Amir
scientist
malaysian institute for nuclear technology researc, Malaysia, Joined Apr 2003, 2

Madiha Amir

scientist
malaysian institute for nuclear technology researc,
Malaysia,
Joined Apr 2003
09:29 Sep-01-2004
Eddy Current textbok

I would like to know a good textbook on Eddy Current (which explains the fundamentals and principles of Eddy Current) that can be used for a master student as a reference.
Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Madiha

George Pherigo
George Pherigo
08:43 Sep-01-2004
Re: Eddy Current textbok
Madiha:

The Eddy Current texts developed by General Dynamics have recently been revised and are available from the current publisher, PH Diversified,Inc. These books cover the basic ET principals and applications in two formats, 1. Classroom Training text and 2. Programmed Instruction (self study) text).

The cost is $15 for the CT-5 Classroom text and $32 for the 2 volume PI-5 Programmed texts.

You can contact me at GPherigo@FlawTech.com for ordering information.

George Pherigo

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I would like to know a good textbook on Eddy Current (which explains the fundamentals and principles of Eddy Current) that can be used for a master student as a reference.
: Thank you for your help.
: Regards,
: Madiha
------------ End Original Message ------------

Dana H. Ives
Engineering
CoreStar International Corp., USA, Joined Jan 2003, 10

Dana H. Ives

Engineering
CoreStar International Corp.,
USA,
Joined Jan 2003
08:17 Sep-03-2004
: Madiha:
: The Eddy Current texts developed by General Dynamics have recently been revised and are available from the current publisher, PH Diversified,Inc. These books cover the basic ET principals and applications in two formats, 1. Classroom Training text and 2. Programmed Instruction (self study) text).
: The cost is $15 for the CT-5 Classroom text and $32 for the 2 volume PI-5 Programmed texts.
: You can contact me at GPherigo@FlawTech.com for ordering information.
: George Pherigo
: : I would like to know a good textbook on Eddy Current (which explains the fundamentals and principles of Eddy Current) that can be used for a master student as a reference.
: : Thank you for your help.
: : Regards,
: : Madiha

Madiha,

Another excellent book is available through Amazon.com. Its title is "Introduction to Electromagnetic Nondestructive Test Methods" and was written by Hugo L. Libby.

Dana

Csaba Hollo
Csaba Hollo
02:27 Sep-08-2004

: : Madiha:
: : The Eddy Current texts developed by General Dynamics have recently been revised and are available from the current publisher, PH Diversified,Inc. These books cover the basic ET principals and applications in two formats, 1. Classroom Training text and 2. Programmed Instruction (self study) text).
: : The cost is $15 for the CT-5 Classroom text and $32 for the 2 volume PI-5 Programmed texts.
: : You can contact me at GPherigo@FlawTech.com for ordering information.
: : George Pherigo
: : : I would like to know a good textbook on Eddy Current (which explains the fundamentals and principles of Eddy Current) that can be used for a master student as a reference.
: : : Thank you for your help.
: : : Regards,
: : : Madiha
: Madiha,
: Another excellent book is available through Amazon.com. Its title is "Introduction to Electromagnetic Nondestructive Test Methods" and was written by Hugo L. Libby.
: Dana

The book published in 1986 (!) by AECL (canada) authored by Cecco an Van Drunnen is an excellent one.
STD/CGSB/48.14/M1986 - Advanced manual for Eddy current test method.
Csaba

Wolfgang Bisle
R & D, Project leader & Group Leader InService Inspect.
Airbus Deutschland GmbH, Germany, Joined Jul 2000, 35

Wolfgang Bisle

R & D, Project leader & Group Leader InService Inspect.
Airbus Deutschland GmbH,
Germany,
Joined Jul 2000
02:15 Sep-08-2004
Of coarse I should first mention the Level II Trainingcourse of AIRUS Germany but it is not commercially available and only attendies of our training receive it. (so forget it....)

But a very good base for stepping in is the ASNT Handbook (second edition) on electromagnetic testing. Now the 3rd edition is available:
http://www.asnt.org/publications/handbook/third/3et.htm
so that's - I guess - really updated with the new techniques....

Hugo Libby is on the other hand a historic Book, once "the Eddy Current NDT Book".
Dont forget Dr. Foersters Book on Eddy Current as he was the inventor of the whole. Oh I am Missing the title... but we had it once for preparation of our own trainingcourse....

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 517

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
03:58 Sep-09-2004
One of my favourites in Don Hagemaiers
'Fundamentals of eddy current testing'
ISBN: 0-931403-90-1

available from ASNT, Slightly aerospace biased, but useful for anyone.

Joe

: Of coarse I should first mention the Level II Trainingcourse of AIRUS Germany but it is not commercially available and only attendies of our training receive it. (so forget it....)
: But a very good base for stepping in is the ASNT Handbook (second edition) on electromagnetic testing. Now the 3rd edition is available:
: http://www.asnt.org/publications/handbook/third/3et.htm
: so that's - I guess - really updated with the new techniques....
: Hugo Libby is on the other hand a historic Book, once "the Eddy Current NDT Book".
: Dont forget Dr. Foersters Book on Eddy Current as he was the inventor of the whole. Oh I am Missing the title... but we had it once for preparation of our own trainingcourse....

Product Spotlight

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high perf
ormance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

TVC awarded UKAS accreditation

TVC are delighted to finally announce we have been awarded UKAS accreditation for our calibration
laboratory. Laboratory accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 enables us to conduct the Electrical Verification of Ultrasonic Flaw Detection Equipment to BS EN 12668-1:2010. It has taken many months of hard work and we want to thank our staff for all their efforts during this massive undertaking.
>

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s