where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
Madiha Amir
scientist
malaysian institute for nuclear technology researc, Malaysia, Joined Apr 2003, 2

Madiha Amir

scientist
malaysian institute for nuclear technology researc,
Malaysia,
Joined Apr 2003
09:29 Sep-01-2004
Eddy Current textbok

I would like to know a good textbook on Eddy Current (which explains the fundamentals and principles of Eddy Current) that can be used for a master student as a reference.
Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Madiha

George Pherigo
George Pherigo
08:43 Sep-01-2004
Re: Eddy Current textbok
Madiha:

The Eddy Current texts developed by General Dynamics have recently been revised and are available from the current publisher, PH Diversified,Inc. These books cover the basic ET principals and applications in two formats, 1. Classroom Training text and 2. Programmed Instruction (self study) text).

The cost is $15 for the CT-5 Classroom text and $32 for the 2 volume PI-5 Programmed texts.

You can contact me at GPherigo@FlawTech.com for ordering information.

George Pherigo

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I would like to know a good textbook on Eddy Current (which explains the fundamentals and principles of Eddy Current) that can be used for a master student as a reference.
: Thank you for your help.
: Regards,
: Madiha
------------ End Original Message ------------

Dana H. Ives
Engineering
CoreStar International Corp., USA, Joined Jan 2003, 10

Dana H. Ives

Engineering
CoreStar International Corp.,
USA,
Joined Jan 2003
08:17 Sep-03-2004
: Madiha:
: The Eddy Current texts developed by General Dynamics have recently been revised and are available from the current publisher, PH Diversified,Inc. These books cover the basic ET principals and applications in two formats, 1. Classroom Training text and 2. Programmed Instruction (self study) text).
: The cost is $15 for the CT-5 Classroom text and $32 for the 2 volume PI-5 Programmed texts.
: You can contact me at GPherigo@FlawTech.com for ordering information.
: George Pherigo
: : I would like to know a good textbook on Eddy Current (which explains the fundamentals and principles of Eddy Current) that can be used for a master student as a reference.
: : Thank you for your help.
: : Regards,
: : Madiha

Madiha,

Another excellent book is available through Amazon.com. Its title is "Introduction to Electromagnetic Nondestructive Test Methods" and was written by Hugo L. Libby.

Dana

Csaba Hollo
Csaba Hollo
02:27 Sep-08-2004

: : Madiha:
: : The Eddy Current texts developed by General Dynamics have recently been revised and are available from the current publisher, PH Diversified,Inc. These books cover the basic ET principals and applications in two formats, 1. Classroom Training text and 2. Programmed Instruction (self study) text).
: : The cost is $15 for the CT-5 Classroom text and $32 for the 2 volume PI-5 Programmed texts.
: : You can contact me at GPherigo@FlawTech.com for ordering information.
: : George Pherigo
: : : I would like to know a good textbook on Eddy Current (which explains the fundamentals and principles of Eddy Current) that can be used for a master student as a reference.
: : : Thank you for your help.
: : : Regards,
: : : Madiha
: Madiha,
: Another excellent book is available through Amazon.com. Its title is "Introduction to Electromagnetic Nondestructive Test Methods" and was written by Hugo L. Libby.
: Dana

The book published in 1986 (!) by AECL (canada) authored by Cecco an Van Drunnen is an excellent one.
STD/CGSB/48.14/M1986 - Advanced manual for Eddy current test method.
Csaba

Wolfgang Bisle
R & D, Project leader & Group Leader InService Inspect.
Airbus Deutschland GmbH, Germany, Joined Jul 2000, 35

Wolfgang Bisle

R & D, Project leader & Group Leader InService Inspect.
Airbus Deutschland GmbH,
Germany,
Joined Jul 2000
02:15 Sep-08-2004
Of coarse I should first mention the Level II Trainingcourse of AIRUS Germany but it is not commercially available and only attendies of our training receive it. (so forget it....)

But a very good base for stepping in is the ASNT Handbook (second edition) on electromagnetic testing. Now the 3rd edition is available:
http://www.asnt.org/publications/handbook/third/3et.htm
so that's - I guess - really updated with the new techniques....

Hugo Libby is on the other hand a historic Book, once "the Eddy Current NDT Book".
Dont forget Dr. Foersters Book on Eddy Current as he was the inventor of the whole. Oh I am Missing the title... but we had it once for preparation of our own trainingcourse....

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 522

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
03:58 Sep-09-2004
One of my favourites in Don Hagemaiers
'Fundamentals of eddy current testing'
ISBN: 0-931403-90-1

available from ASNT, Slightly aerospace biased, but useful for anyone.

Joe

: Of coarse I should first mention the Level II Trainingcourse of AIRUS Germany but it is not commercially available and only attendies of our training receive it. (so forget it....)
: But a very good base for stepping in is the ASNT Handbook (second edition) on electromagnetic testing. Now the 3rd edition is available:
: http://www.asnt.org/publications/handbook/third/3et.htm
: so that's - I guess - really updated with the new techniques....
: Hugo Libby is on the other hand a historic Book, once "the Eddy Current NDT Book".
: Dont forget Dr. Foersters Book on Eddy Current as he was the inventor of the whole. Oh I am Missing the title... but we had it once for preparation of our own trainingcourse....

Product Spotlight

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window