where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Career Discussions
Madiha Amir
scientist
malaysian institute for nuclear technology researc, Malaysia, Joined Apr 2003, 2

Madiha Amir

scientist
malaysian institute for nuclear technology researc,
Malaysia,
Joined Apr 2003
09:29 Sep-01-2004
Eddy Current textbok

I would like to know a good textbook on Eddy Current (which explains the fundamentals and principles of Eddy Current) that can be used for a master student as a reference.
Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Madiha

George Pherigo
George Pherigo
08:43 Sep-01-2004
Re: Eddy Current textbok
Madiha:

The Eddy Current texts developed by General Dynamics have recently been revised and are available from the current publisher, PH Diversified,Inc. These books cover the basic ET principals and applications in two formats, 1. Classroom Training text and 2. Programmed Instruction (self study) text).

The cost is $15 for the CT-5 Classroom text and $32 for the 2 volume PI-5 Programmed texts.

You can contact me at GPherigo@FlawTech.com for ordering information.

George Pherigo

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I would like to know a good textbook on Eddy Current (which explains the fundamentals and principles of Eddy Current) that can be used for a master student as a reference.
: Thank you for your help.
: Regards,
: Madiha
------------ End Original Message ------------

Dana H. Ives
Engineering
CoreStar International Corp., USA, Joined Jan 2003, 10

Dana H. Ives

Engineering
CoreStar International Corp.,
USA,
Joined Jan 2003
08:17 Sep-03-2004
: Madiha:
: The Eddy Current texts developed by General Dynamics have recently been revised and are available from the current publisher, PH Diversified,Inc. These books cover the basic ET principals and applications in two formats, 1. Classroom Training text and 2. Programmed Instruction (self study) text).
: The cost is $15 for the CT-5 Classroom text and $32 for the 2 volume PI-5 Programmed texts.
: You can contact me at GPherigo@FlawTech.com for ordering information.
: George Pherigo
: : I would like to know a good textbook on Eddy Current (which explains the fundamentals and principles of Eddy Current) that can be used for a master student as a reference.
: : Thank you for your help.
: : Regards,
: : Madiha

Madiha,

Another excellent book is available through Amazon.com. Its title is "Introduction to Electromagnetic Nondestructive Test Methods" and was written by Hugo L. Libby.

Dana

Csaba Hollo
Csaba Hollo
02:27 Sep-08-2004

: : Madiha:
: : The Eddy Current texts developed by General Dynamics have recently been revised and are available from the current publisher, PH Diversified,Inc. These books cover the basic ET principals and applications in two formats, 1. Classroom Training text and 2. Programmed Instruction (self study) text).
: : The cost is $15 for the CT-5 Classroom text and $32 for the 2 volume PI-5 Programmed texts.
: : You can contact me at GPherigo@FlawTech.com for ordering information.
: : George Pherigo
: : : I would like to know a good textbook on Eddy Current (which explains the fundamentals and principles of Eddy Current) that can be used for a master student as a reference.
: : : Thank you for your help.
: : : Regards,
: : : Madiha
: Madiha,
: Another excellent book is available through Amazon.com. Its title is "Introduction to Electromagnetic Nondestructive Test Methods" and was written by Hugo L. Libby.
: Dana

The book published in 1986 (!) by AECL (canada) authored by Cecco an Van Drunnen is an excellent one.
STD/CGSB/48.14/M1986 - Advanced manual for Eddy current test method.
Csaba

Wolfgang Bisle
R & D, Project leader & Group Leader InService Inspect.
Airbus Deutschland GmbH, Germany, Joined Jul 2000, 35

Wolfgang Bisle

R & D, Project leader & Group Leader InService Inspect.
Airbus Deutschland GmbH,
Germany,
Joined Jul 2000
02:15 Sep-08-2004
Of coarse I should first mention the Level II Trainingcourse of AIRUS Germany but it is not commercially available and only attendies of our training receive it. (so forget it....)

But a very good base for stepping in is the ASNT Handbook (second edition) on electromagnetic testing. Now the 3rd edition is available:
http://www.asnt.org/publications/handbook/third/3et.htm
so that's - I guess - really updated with the new techniques....

Hugo Libby is on the other hand a historic Book, once "the Eddy Current NDT Book".
Dont forget Dr. Foersters Book on Eddy Current as he was the inventor of the whole. Oh I am Missing the title... but we had it once for preparation of our own trainingcourse....

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 520

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
03:58 Sep-09-2004
One of my favourites in Don Hagemaiers
'Fundamentals of eddy current testing'
ISBN: 0-931403-90-1

available from ASNT, Slightly aerospace biased, but useful for anyone.

Joe

: Of coarse I should first mention the Level II Trainingcourse of AIRUS Germany but it is not commercially available and only attendies of our training receive it. (so forget it....)
: But a very good base for stepping in is the ASNT Handbook (second edition) on electromagnetic testing. Now the 3rd edition is available:
: http://www.asnt.org/publications/handbook/third/3et.htm
: so that's - I guess - really updated with the new techniques....
: Hugo Libby is on the other hand a historic Book, once "the Eddy Current NDT Book".
: Dont forget Dr. Foersters Book on Eddy Current as he was the inventor of the whole. Oh I am Missing the title... but we had it once for preparation of our own trainingcourse....

Product Spotlight

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window