where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
Eddy Current textbok
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

PBP Optel sp. z o.o.
We are searching new ways - in ultrasonic techniques - in creation of new products

09:29 Sep-01-2004

Madiha Amir

scientist
malaysian institute for nuclear technology researc,
Malaysia,
Joined Apr 2003
Eddy Current textbok

I would like to know a good textbook on Eddy Current (which explains the fundamentals and principles of Eddy Current) that can be used for a master student as a reference.
Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Madiha

08:43 Sep-01-2004
George Pherigo
Re: Eddy Current textbok Madiha:

The Eddy Current texts developed by General Dynamics have recently been revised and are available from the current publisher, PH Diversified,Inc. These books cover the basic ET principals and applications in two formats, 1. Classroom Training text and 2. Programmed Instruction (self study) text).

The cost is $15 for the CT-5 Classroom text and $32 for the 2 volume PI-5 Programmed texts.

You can contact me at GPherigo@FlawTech.com for ordering information.

George Pherigo

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I would like to know a good textbook on Eddy Current (which explains the fundamentals and principles of Eddy Current) that can be used for a master student as a reference.
: Thank you for your help.
: Regards,
: Madiha
------------ End Original Message ------------

08:17 Sep-03-2004

Dana H. Ives

Engineering
CoreStar International Corp.,
USA,
Joined Jan 2003
Re: Eddy Current textbok ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Madiha:
: The Eddy Current texts developed by General Dynamics have recently been revised and are available from the current publisher, PH Diversified,Inc. These books cover the basic ET principals and applications in two formats, 1. Classroom Training text and 2. Programmed Instruction (self study) text).
: The cost is $15 for the CT-5 Classroom text and $32 for the 2 volume PI-5 Programmed texts.
: You can contact me at GPherigo@FlawTech.com for ordering information.
: George Pherigo
: : I would like to know a good textbook on Eddy Current (which explains the fundamentals and principles of Eddy Current) that can be used for a master student as a reference.
: : Thank you for your help.
: : Regards,
: : Madiha

Madiha,

Another excellent book is available through Amazon.com. Its title is "Introduction to Electromagnetic Nondestructive Test Methods" and was written by Hugo L. Libby.

Dana

02:27 Sep-08-2004
Csaba Hollo
Re: Eddy Current textbok
: : Madiha:
: : The Eddy Current texts developed by General Dynamics have recently been revised and are available from the current publisher, PH Diversified,Inc. These books cover the basic ET principals and applications in two formats, 1. Classroom Training text and 2. Programmed Instruction (self study) text).
: : The cost is $15 for the CT-5 Classroom text and $32 for the 2 volume PI-5 Programmed texts.
: : You can contact me at GPherigo@FlawTech.com for ordering information.
: : George Pherigo
: : : I would like to know a good textbook on Eddy Current (which explains the fundamentals and principles of Eddy Current) that can be used for a master student as a reference.
: : : Thank you for your help.
: : : Regards,
: : : Madiha
: Madiha,
: Another excellent book is available through Amazon.com. Its title is "Introduction to Electromagnetic Nondestructive Test Methods" and was written by Hugo L. Libby.
: Dana

The book published in 1986 (!) by AECL (canada) authored by Cecco an Van Drunnen is an excellent one.
STD/CGSB/48.14/M1986 - Advanced manual for Eddy current test method.
Csaba

02:15 Sep-08-2004

Wolfgang Bisle

R & D, Project leader & Group Leader InService Inspect.
Airbus Deutschland GmbH,
Germany,
Joined Jul 2000
Re: Eddy Current textbok Of coarse I should first mention the Level II Trainingcourse of AIRUS Germany but it is not commercially available and only attendies of our training receive it. (so forget it....)

But a very good base for stepping in is the ASNT Handbook (second edition) on electromagnetic testing. Now the 3rd edition is available:
http://www.asnt.org/publications/handbook/third/3et.htm
so that's - I guess - really updated with the new techniques....

Hugo Libby is on the other hand a historic Book, once "the Eddy Current NDT Book".
Dont forget Dr. Foersters Book on Eddy Current as he was the inventor of the whole. Oh I am Missing the title... but we had it once for preparation of our own trainingcourse....

03:58 Sep-09-2004

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: Eddy Current textbok One of my favourites in Don Hagemaiers
'Fundamentals of eddy current testing'
ISBN: 0-931403-90-1

available from ASNT, Slightly aerospace biased, but useful for anyone.

Joe

: Of coarse I should first mention the Level II Trainingcourse of AIRUS Germany but it is not commercially available and only attendies of our training receive it. (so forget it....)
: But a very good base for stepping in is the ASNT Handbook (second edition) on electromagnetic testing. Now the 3rd edition is available:
: http://www.asnt.org/publications/handbook/third/3et.htm
: so that's - I guess - really updated with the new techniques....
: Hugo Libby is on the other hand a historic Book, once "the Eddy Current NDT Book".
: Dont forget Dr. Foersters Book on Eddy Current as he was the inventor of the whole. Oh I am Missing the title... but we had it once for preparation of our own trainingcourse....

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|