where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Vidisco Ltd.
Vidisco Ltd. is the leading designer and manufacturer of state-of-the-art Digital Radiography systems.

Career Discussions
LCD
LCD
07:55 Sep-24-2004
Epoxy couplant/adhesive for galvanized steel

Quick question:

I am looking into an academic research project that is going to look at SHM of the main structure cables on suspension bridges. More importantly, I am trying to identify different methods of mounting a sensor directly to the main cable. Of course, for any monitoring scheme, the coupling between the sensor and galvanized wrap will be critical to the monitoring process.

Numerous hours have been spent trying to identify an adhesive epoxy that can be used in this application. Of course a strong bond is needed, is a good acoustic couplant, and can withstand harsh weather conditions. The project I am looking to put together will range from 6 months to a year.

Assistance in identifying an epoxy that will fit these requirements would be greatly appreciated as I have not found any source with recommendations for this application.

Product Spotlight

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

Ceram 35P (Panoramic)

The Ceram 35P is the panoramic brand new portable generators designed by Balteau NDT and is offeri
ng no less than 300kV, 5mA and 100% duty cycle for an incredible image contrast even at full power. It will will surely become a reference as it can be classified as a high power portable unit and can be operated with our CF2000 control unit but also with our well known Hand-X Wireless Remote Control.
>

Alpha Pro Digital Radiography System

The Alpha Pro digital X-ray system is the ideal system for your NDT \r\nneeds, as it offers amazin
g 16 bit images which enable the highest \r\nlevel of detection and identification of hairline cracks. While weighing only 3kg (6.6lbs), this panel has the largest imaging area: 35 X 43 cm (14X17 in).
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s