where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
Personal stamp of NDT operator
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

02:51 Oct-20-2004
Dmitri
Personal stamp of NDT operator

Please, tell me-where I can find the requirements to a personal stamp of NDT operator ?

I need to order my personal stamp of NDT operator to put it in the records. Usually I put in records only my signatory, but now I got a requirement from customers to put in addition my personal stamp.

Should I register my personal stamp ? Where I should I register my personal stamp ?

Thanks for your help.

07:06 Nov-15-2004

Mike Trinidad

Consultant, API 510 570 & 653
Marine Inspection Service Pty Ltd (MIS),
Australia,
Joined Jan 2003
Re: Personal stamp of NDT operator G'Day Dmitri

I know of no standard that requires NDT operator stamps or requirements for them.

Some clients I guess like them as I have had to make them up over the years and stamp pretty colours over the reports but it is their preference not a standard requirement.

Welding inspectors, both AWS and CSWIP get stamps but NDT and API don't.

It would be good to have actual accreditation stamps but for some reason they don't exist.

Regards

Mike Trinidad

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Please, tell me-where I can find the requirements to a personal stamp of NDT operator ?
: I need to order my personal stamp of NDT operator to put it in the records. Usually I put in records only my signatory, but now I got a requirement from customers to put in addition my personal stamp.
: Should I register my personal stamp ? Where I should I register my personal stamp ?
: Thanks for your help.
------------ End Original Message ------------

01:12 Nov-15-2004
bill brown
Re: Personal stamp of NDT operator ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: G'Day Dmitri
: I know of no standard that requires NDT operator stamps or requirements for them.
: Some clients I guess like them as I have had to make them up over the years and stamp pretty colours over the reports but it is their preference not a standard requirement.
: Welding inspectors, both AWS and CSWIP get stamps but NDT and API don't.
: It would be good to have actual accreditation stamps but for some reason they don't exist.
:
: Regards
: Mike Trinidad
: : Please, tell me-where I can find the requirements to a personal stamp of NDT operator ?
: : I need to order my personal stamp of NDT operator to put it in the records. Usually I put in records only my signatory, but now I got a requirement from customers to put in addition my personal stamp.
: : Should I register my personal stamp ? Where I should I register my personal stamp ?
: : Thanks for your help.
I think the sweeping statement that NDT operators do not have personal stamps in quite incorrect. PCN have issued stamps for each discipline held for a lot of years now. Whether it be level 1,2 or 3 Ultrasonic inspection or Dye Penetrant inspection. The stamps which are issued are quite clear as to the operators level of qualification, method, name of the operator and PCN number.
Bill

07:44 Nov-17-2004

Mike Trinidad

Consultant, API 510 570 & 653
Marine Inspection Service Pty Ltd (MIS),
Australia,
Joined Jan 2003
Re: Personal stamp of NDT operator G'Day Bill

The PCN ones are they issued at the time of certification or are they an optional extra?

Curious as I have had numerous PCN certified technicians in SE Asia whom I have had certified and assisted in recertification but I have never seen a stamp issued to them. Everything does run a bit different out here though so anything is possible.

Kindest Regards

Mike Trinidad

: : G'Day Dmitri
: : I know of no standard that requires NDT operator stamps or requirements for them.
: : Some clients I guess like them as I have had to make them up over the years and stamp pretty colours over the reports but it is their preference not a standard requirement.
: : Welding inspectors, both AWS and CSWIP get stamps but NDT and API don't.
: : It would be good to have actual accreditation stamps but for some reason they don't exist.
: :
: : Regards
: : Mike Trinidad
: : : Please, tell me-where I can find the requirements to a personal stamp of NDT operator ?
: : : I need to order my personal stamp of NDT operator to put it in the records. Usually I put in records only my signatory, but now I got a requirement from customers to put in addition my personal stamp.
: : : Should I register my personal stamp ? Where I should I register my personal stamp ?
: : : Thanks for your help.
: I think the sweeping statement that NDT operators do not have personal stamps in quite incorrect. PCN have issued stamps for each discipline held for a lot of years now. Whether it be level 1,2 or 3 Ultrasonic inspection or Dye Penetrant inspection. The stamps which are issued are quite clear as to the operators level of qualification, method, name of the operator and PCN number.
: Bill

03:31 Nov-17-2004
bill
Re: Personal stamp of NDT operator Mike,
PCN stamps of operator qualification have been available for as long as PCN has been established. Any operator qualified under the PCN scheme can obtain a stamp or a number of stamps depending on his / her qualifications.----------- Start Original Message -----------
: G'Day Bill
: The PCN ones are they issued at the time of certification or are they an optional extra?
: Curious as I have had numerous PCN certified technicians in SE Asia whom I have had certified and assisted in recertification but I have never seen a stamp issued to them. Everything does run a bit different out here though so anything is possible.
: Kindest Regards
: : : G'Day Dmitri
: : : I know of no standard that requires NDT operator stamps or requirements for them.
: : : Some clients I guess like them as I have had to make them up over the years and stamp pretty colours over the reports but it is their preference not a standard requirement.
: : : Welding inspectors, both AWS and CSWIP get stamps but NDT and API don't.
: : : It would be good to have actual accreditation stamps but for some reason they don't exist.
: : :
: : : Regards
: : : Mike Trinidad
: : : : Please, tell me-where I can find the requirements to a personal stamp of NDT operator ?
: : : : I need to order my personal stamp of NDT operator to put it in the records. Usually I put in records only my signatory, but now I got a requirement from customers to put in addition my personal stamp.
: : : : Should I register my personal stamp ? Where I should I register my personal stamp ?
: : : : Thanks for your help.
: : I think the sweeping statement that NDT operators do not have personal stamps in quite incorrect. PCN have issued stamps for each discipline held for a lot of years now. Whether it be level 1,2 or 3 Ultrasonic inspection or Dye Penetrant inspection. The stamps which are issued are quite clear as to the operators level of qualification, method, name of the operator and PCN number.
: : Bill

06:55 Nov-17-2004

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: Personal stamp of NDT operator
From the rules

"7.5. The PCN logo or any reference to PCN shall not be used in such a way as to imply that PCN accepts any responsibility for the accuracy of any tests conducted by any certificated personnel or organisation. This precludes the use of rubber stamps bearing the PCN logo."

Full document

http://www.bindt.org/Mk1Site/PCN.pdfs/PSL31.pdf

this would imply to me that there are no official PCN stamps,(I've certainly never seen one.) Presumably if you get an unofficial one made up, not using the logo, thats probably OK.

Suggest you discuss it with John...

: Mike,
: PCN stamps of operator qualification have been available for as long as PCN has been established. Any operator qualified under the PCN scheme can obtain a stamp or a number of stamps depending on his / her qualifications.----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : G'Day Bill
: : The PCN ones are they issued at the time of certification or are they an optional extra?
: : Curious as I have had numerous PCN certified technicians in SE Asia whom I have had certified and assisted in recertification but I have never seen a stamp issued to them. Everything does run a bit different out here though so anything is possible.
: : Kindest Regards
: : Mike Trinidad
: : : : G'Day Dmitri
: : : : I know of no standard that requires NDT operator stamps or requirements for them.
: : : : Some clients I guess like them as I have had to make them up over the years and stamp pretty colours over the reports but it is their preference not a standard requirement.
: : : : Welding inspectors, both AWS and CSWIP get stamps but NDT and API don't.
: : : : It would be good to have actual accreditation stamps but for some reason they don't exist.
: : : :
: : : : Regards
: : : : Mike Trinidad
: : : : : Please, tell me-where I can find the requirements to a personal stamp of NDT operator ?
: : : : : I need to order my personal stamp of NDT operator to put it in the records. Usually I put in records only my signatory, but now I got a requirement from customers to put in addition my personal stamp.
: : : : : Should I register my personal stamp ? Where I should I register my personal stamp ?
: : : : : Thanks for your help.
: : : I think the sweeping statement that NDT operators do not have personal stamps in quite incorrect. PCN have issued stamps for each discipline held for a lot of years now. Whether it be level 1,2 or 3 Ultrasonic inspection or Dye Penetrant inspection. The stamps which are issued are quite clear as to the operators level of qualification, method, name of the operator and PCN number.
: : : Bill

04:19 Nov-23-2004

Floyd Atkinson

NDT Inspector
American Inspection Society, Inc.,
USA,
Joined Jun 2004
Re: Personal stamp of NDT operator ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: G'Day Bill
: The PCN ones are they issued at the time of certification or are they an optional extra?
: Curious as I have had numerous PCN certified technicians in SE Asia whom I have had certified and assisted in recertification but I have never seen a stamp issued to them. Everything does run a bit different out here though so anything is possible.
: Kindest Regards
: : : G'Day Dmitri
: : : I know of no standard that requires NDT operator stamps or requirements for them.
: : : Some clients I guess like them as I have had to make them up over the years and stamp pretty colours over the reports but it is their preference not a standard requirement.
: : : Welding inspectors, both AWS and CSWIP get stamps but NDT and API don't.
: : : It would be good to have actual accreditation stamps but for some reason they don't exist.
: : :
: : : Regards
: : : Mike Trinidad
: : : : Please, tell me-where I can find the requirements to a personal stamp of NDT operator ?
: : : : I need to order my personal stamp of NDT operator to put it in the records. Usually I put in records only my signatory, but now I got a requirement from customers to put in addition my personal stamp.
: : : : Should I register my personal stamp ? Where I should I register my personal stamp ?
: : : : Thanks for your help.
: : I think the sweeping statement that NDT operators do not have personal stamps in quite incorrect. PCN have issued stamps for each discipline held for a lot of years now. Whether it be level 1,2 or 3 Ultrasonic inspection or Dye Penetrant inspection. The stamps which are issued are quite clear as to the operators level of qualification, method, name of the operator and PCN number.
: : Bill

ASNT does not make these available, however the
in house company QC 1 Paln allows the level three certifier to provide a designated stamp number issued by the company L III. If the person leaves the company, the stamp stays with the company.
I used to used a steel inspection stamp which was used for identifiucation of welders test coupons and when I worked for the TEXAs Department of Highways and Public Transportation and was allowed to steel stencil stamp joint fitups, welders for test coupons to send to testing labs for tracibility for inspectors duties and responsibilities. most NDT disciplines require eye examination (and color examinatons, for PT examinations) once yearly and a Specfic, general written examination testing every three years before one is recertifiable.

00:08 Jan-20-2005
Marc
Re: Personal stamp of NDT operator As we work for Aerospace industry having a stamp is not mandatory to any of our customers. We do use stamps for NDT level II personel and these are circles that contain the technique somebody is qualified for like RT ; PT ; ET or UT and the inspectors number. Being NADCAP certified this system is acceptable for all major OEM's like Rolls Royce, GE, Honeywell, Pratt and Whitney and Siemens. You just need to write a good procedure how you handle these stamps and registrate them.

05:50 Apr-18-2005
kamran sayahi
Re: Personal stamp of NDT operator

ok

01:55 Nov-04-2006
clarinex+info
+tournament+ http://1a48eb5b.sitesled.com/dcs-lossless.html

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|