where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
NDT and noxious impacts
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

09:43 Nov-15-2004

Miroslav Omelic

NDT Inspector, EN 474 - RT3; UT3; MT3; PT2; VT2; ET1
Croatia,
Joined Oct 1999
NDT and noxious impacts

Dear all,
I need help in finding as much information as could be reacable (any known information) about noxious impacts on NDT operators during performing their job, especially during PT and MT.
Thanking in advance,
Miroslav

04:48 Nov-17-2004

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
Re: NDT and noxious impacts ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear all,
: I need help in finding as much information as could be reacable (any known information) about noxious impacts on NDT operators during performing their job, especially during PT and MT.
: Thanking in advance,
: Miroslav
------------ End Original Message ------------

Dear Miroslav,

The aerosol packs for dye, cleaner and developer could generate personal health hazards when used in confined spaces or adverse wind conditions. The solvents used in cleaning up the stains also could pose health hazards. You may find more information in the relevant standards.

Swamy

05:24 Nov-23-2004
Ethan
Re: NDT and noxious impacts Hello Miroslav,

All of the supplied chemicals should come with Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS). The MSDS's should provide you with all the health information that you need to know for working safely with each chemical. If you do not have these sheets contact the manufacturer. If the manufacturer is no help to you, then look for the CAS (Chemical Abstract) numbers listed on the container ingredients. Through an on line search you should be able to get MSDS's for the individual CAS numbers

Best Regards

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : Dear all,
: : I need help in finding as much information as could be reacable (any known information) about noxious impacts on NDT operators during performing their job, especially during PT and MT.
: : Thanking in advance,
: : Miroslav
: Dear Miroslav,
: The aerosol packs for dye, cleaner and developer could generate personal health hazards when used in confined spaces or adverse wind conditions. The solvents used in cleaning upthe stains also could pose health hazards. You may find more information in the relevant standards.
: Swamy
------------ End Original Message ------------

02:00 Nov-30-2004
R.MUTHUKAMATCHI
Re: NDT and noxious impacts ----------- Start Original Message -----------
i will send you further information please conduct my email id thankyou

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|