where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
Automatic UT system for tee frames
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

FI Test- und Messtechnik GmbH

02:12 Apr-29-2005
Mukesh kumar Bhatt
Automatic UT system for tee frames

We are one of the largest manufacturers of pressure vessels and equipments in the world and we are looking for an automatic ultrasonic system with data recirding facility to scan TEE type fillet joints. We place TEE frames in some of our vessels and need a reliable system to scan those joints with faster speed.

01:51 May-16-2005
jimmy
Re: Automatic UT system for tee frames ----------- i don't think u can do with aut for Tee joints iam using AUT last 5 years mainly for vessels but i don't have experiance in that field also any of the codes its not saying about AUT in Teee joints? mainly i think normal UT and appropreate NDT methods are usefull for Tee Fillet joints

07:52 May-16-2005

James Gauthier

NDT Inspector, Operations Manager
GE Inspection Services,
USA,
Joined Nov 2007
Re: Automatic UT system for tee frames Yes there are UT systems that will inspect T joints and encode the inspection. A very precise procedure is required and needs to be proven to the customer. There are many different UT systems that will enable the technician to image many complex geometry parts. Due to access restrictions you may need a system that will allow manual encoding of the area of interest and software that will allow the implementation of different geometries. Note: I am talking about transducers fitted with encoding devices not doing timed inspections. I do not like to use timed inspections as they do not allow for precise length measurements. A timed inspection will either shrink or grow an indication. A timed inspection method can be used if only for screening purposes. If you would like any further information as to what types of sytems allow this, please contact me for more information.

09:32 May-16-2005
jimmy
Re: Automatic UT system for tee frames Mr. james can you plz explain how to do it and any code case is mentioning about it?

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|