where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
Material classification
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

07:48 Jun-13-2005
Cesar
Material classification

I have tried to classify the same object from diferent materials (wood , aluminium and wood) with 200 khz transducers, with no luck yet, is there anyone who has worked in material classification? or have any idea why i've not been able to classify betwen these materials.

thanks in advanced.

05:26 Jun-14-2005

John Hansen

Director, - Eddy Current Technology
ETher NDE Ltd,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: Material classification In Reply to S V Swamy at 16:31 Nov-26-2011 .

What test method are we talking about here?

Regards

John Hansen

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I have tried to classify the same object from diferent materials (wood , aluminium and wood) with 200 khz transducers, with no luck yet, is there anyone who has worked in material classification? or have any idea why i've not been able to classify betwen these materials.
: thanks in advanced.
------------ End Original Message ------------

03:46 Jun-14-2005
Cesar
Re: Material classification In Reply to Gary Ellison at 18:48 Sep-08-2015 .

: What test method are we talking about here?
: Regards
: John Hansen

I'm using a pair of air coupled transducers, about 5 cm from the object. I thougth that I was going to obtain different envelopes from these materials, but I get the same response.

00:44 Jun-16-2005

Neil Burleigh

Sales
Krautkramer Australia Pty Ltd,
Australia,
Joined Dec 2002
Re: Material classification How large are the objects that you are trying to test?
What frequency are the transducers?
Have you checked to see what the sound enevelope is like when there is no object between the transducers?

I have found that in some instances sound will take the path of least resistance which could be around the object.
Regards

Neil Burleigh
: : What test method are we talking about here?
: : Regards
: : John Hansen
: I'm using a pair of air coupled transducers, about 5 cm from the object. I thougth that I was going to obtain different envelopes from these materials, but I get the same response.
------------ End Original Message ------------

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|