where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
Cesar
Cesar
07:48 Jun-13-2005
Material classification

I have tried to classify the same object from diferent materials (wood , aluminium and wood) with 200 khz transducers, with no luck yet, is there anyone who has worked in material classification? or have any idea why i've not been able to classify betwen these materials.

thanks in advanced.

John Hansen
Director, - Eddy Current Technology
ETher NDE Ltd, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 73

John Hansen

Director, - Eddy Current Technology
ETher NDE Ltd,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
05:26 Jun-14-2005
Re: Material classification
In Reply to S V Swamy at 16:31 Nov-26-2011 .

What test method are we talking about here?

Regards

John Hansen

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I have tried to classify the same object from diferent materials (wood , aluminium and wood) with 200 khz transducers, with no luck yet, is there anyone who has worked in material classification? or have any idea why i've not been able to classify betwen these materials.
: thanks in advanced.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Cesar
Cesar
03:46 Jun-14-2005
In Reply to Gary Ellison at 18:48 Sep-08-2015 .

: What test method are we talking about here?
: Regards
: John Hansen

I'm using a pair of air coupled transducers, about 5 cm from the object. I thougth that I was going to obtain different envelopes from these materials, but I get the same response.

Neil Burleigh
Sales
Krautkramer Australia Pty Ltd, Australia, Joined Dec 2002, 157

Neil Burleigh

Sales
Krautkramer Australia Pty Ltd,
Australia,
Joined Dec 2002
00:44 Jun-16-2005
How large are the objects that you are trying to test?
What frequency are the transducers?
Have you checked to see what the sound enevelope is like when there is no object between the transducers?

I have found that in some instances sound will take the path of least resistance which could be around the object.
Regards

Neil Burleigh
: : What test method are we talking about here?
: : Regards
: : John Hansen
: I'm using a pair of air coupled transducers, about 5 cm from the object. I thougth that I was going to obtain different envelopes from these materials, but I get the same response.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window