where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
simone brocco
Student
university, Italy, Joined Jul 2000, 4

simone brocco

Student
university,
Italy,
Joined Jul 2000
01:12 Sep-17-2000
bandshape for ultrasonic probe

My name is Simone Brocco, I'm an Italian student in his final year in Biomedical Engineering- "La Sapienza" University in Rome (Italy).
I'm working on my thesis concerning Ultrasonic Transducers for Noninvasive Medical Application: probe (backing load,bonding layer,PZT,matching layers and acoustical lens).
For my thesis I'm now verifying the correspondence between the texts on the argument and the effective realization by constructors.
Now I'm studing the function of matching layer. I read that it modify the band pass characteristic of system.
My question is: what is the best bandpass characteristic for a short impulse and why? There are other? Why?

Simone Brocco

Michael Trinidad
Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd , Australia, Joined Jan 2003, 141

Michael Trinidad

Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd ,
Australia,
Joined Jan 2003
04:30 Oct-03-2000
Re: bandshape for ultrasonic probe
Increase bandwidth = decrease sensitivity

increase velocity = increase wavelength = decrease near field

increase pulse length = decrease resolution

increase Q = decrease bandwidth = increase depth of penetration

decrease wavelength = increased sensitivity = decrease near zone = decrease beam spread

increase transducer dia = decrease beamspread = decrease sensitivity = increase near field

increase frequency = decrease beam spread = increase sensitivity = decreased wavelength = decrease depth of penetration = increase near zone

Kindest Regards

Michael Trinidad

Product Spotlight

Echomac® PA Tube Weld Tester

The new robotic Echomac® PA TW is an operator friendly test system for detecting weld zone defects
in tube and pipe caused by scarfing or welding processes. Electronic scanning ensures that the entire weld zone is covered without the need for mechanical movement or operator adjustment.
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window