where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

KARL DEUTSCH
INSTRUMENTS AND SYSTEMS FOR NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING OF MATERIALS.
Technical Discussions
simone brocco
Student
university, Italy, Joined Jul 2000, 4

simone brocco

Student
university,
Italy,
Joined Jul 2000
01:12 Sep-17-2000
bandshape for ultrasonic probe

My name is Simone Brocco, I'm an Italian student in his final year in Biomedical Engineering- "La Sapienza" University in Rome (Italy).
I'm working on my thesis concerning Ultrasonic Transducers for Noninvasive Medical Application: probe (backing load,bonding layer,PZT,matching layers and acoustical lens).
For my thesis I'm now verifying the correspondence between the texts on the argument and the effective realization by constructors.
Now I'm studing the function of matching layer. I read that it modify the band pass characteristic of system.
My question is: what is the best bandpass characteristic for a short impulse and why? There are other? Why?

Simone Brocco

Michael Trinidad
Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd , Australia, Joined Jan 2003, 138

Michael Trinidad

Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd ,
Australia,
Joined Jan 2003
04:30 Oct-03-2000
Re: bandshape for ultrasonic probe
Increase bandwidth = decrease sensitivity

increase velocity = increase wavelength = decrease near field

increase pulse length = decrease resolution

increase Q = decrease bandwidth = increase depth of penetration

decrease wavelength = increased sensitivity = decrease near zone = decrease beam spread

increase transducer dia = decrease beamspread = decrease sensitivity = increase near field

increase frequency = decrease beam spread = increase sensitivity = decreased wavelength = decrease depth of penetration = increase near zone

Kindest Regards

Michael Trinidad

Product Spotlight

ISAFE3 Intrinsically Safe Sensor System

ISAFE3 intrinsically safe sensor system of Vallen Systeme is especially targeted at the petrochemica
l - as well as oil and gas transportation industry. The sensor system is designed for permanent monitoring or periodic inspection tasks. Sensors are available for different AE-frequency ranges optimized for corrosion and fatigue crack detection and other applications. The ISAFE 3 sensor system consists of an AE-sensor (model ISAS3) certified according to ATEX/IEC for installation in zone 0, gas group IIC, IP68, 20 to +60 °C, and a signal isolator (model SISO3) certified for installation in zone 2. An ISAS3 sensor can be mounted in atmosphere or submerged, e.g. in water or crude oil. It is supported by mounting tools for temporary (magnets) or permanent (welded) installation. ISAFE3 supports automatic sensor coupling test and can be used with any AE signal processor supporting 28V supply at 90 mA peak, e.g. Vallen Systeme ASIP-2/A.
>

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

AMIGO2

TSC Amigo2 - ACFM technology has developed a solid reputation for accurately detecting and sizing
surface-breaking cracks through paint and coatings. As the industry demands increased performance in speed, signal quality, and portability, it’s time for an evolution. It’s time for Amigo2.
>

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window