where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Career Discussions
SANDROAN
Consultant
SANDROAN NDT TECHNOLOGIES, India, Joined Oct 2004, 1

SANDROAN

Consultant
SANDROAN NDT TECHNOLOGIES,
India,
Joined Oct 2004
06:10 Jun-23-2005
ASNT L III STANDARD

Dear sirs,
I came across few occations that Level III those who passed in some selected countries have much value than some other countries. Is it true OR all examinations are conducted in same standard.

I would prefer better Exam center which is much more valuable than else.

Thanks

Sandroan

David
David
03:09 Jun-24-2005
Re: ASNT L III STANDARD
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear sirs,
: I came across few occations that Level III those who passed in some selected countries have much value than some other countries. Is it true OR all examinations are conducted in same standard.
: I would prefer better Exam center which is much more valuable than else.
: Thanks
: Sandroan

I believe the question papers are all centrally prepared in the USA so worldwide exams would be to an identical standard.
The problem is that some areas have concentrated training courses aimed purely at passing the exam irrespective of NDT ability and experience.
When ASNT discontinued the experience verification part of the Level III programme they left the door open to this abuse.
In their pursuit of money ASNT have done the NDT community a great disservice and allowed many substandard "wannabes" to jump on the bandwagon and bring down the status of genuine Level III's.
I have met several Level III's who are not at Level II (I) standard let alone Level III and these people are dragging down the whole structure, they have a very limited knowledge of NDT outside the course and cannot make informed or accurate assessments of the work in hand.
I did hope that the ACCP scheme would help redress some of this but it seems they were also "given away" (grandfathered) for cash. A wasted opprtunity to redeem some of the damage done in recent years.
I hold Level III ASNT and ACCP in several methods and have over 40 years experience in NDT, it saddens me to see the way the profession is being degraded by people "certified" way above their ability.

------------ End Original Message ------------

William Blum
Consultant, Training, Level III Services
NDT Consulting Group Inc., USA, Joined Nov 2000, 89

William Blum

Consultant, Training, Level III Services
NDT Consulting Group Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 2000
04:41 Jun-25-2005

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : Dear sirs,
: : I came across few occations that Level III those who passed in some selected countries have much value than some other countries. Is it true OR all examinations are conducted in same standard.
: : I would prefer better Exam center which is much more valuable than else.
: : Thanks
: : Sandroan
: I believe the question papers are all centrally prepared in the USA so worldwide exams would be to an identical standard.
: The problem is that some areas have concentrated training courses aimed purely at passing the exam irrespective of NDT ability and experience.
: When ASNT discontinued the experience verification part of the Level III programme they left the door open to this abuse.
: In their pursuit of money ASNT have done the NDT community a great disservice and allowed many substandard "wannabes" to jump on the bandwagon and bring down the status of genuine Level III's.
: I have met several Level III's who arenot at Level II (I) standard let alone Level III and these people are dragging down the whole structure, they have a very limited knowledge of NDT outside the course and cannot make informed or accurate assessments of the work in hand.
: I did hope that the ACCP scheme would help redress some of this but it seems they were also "given away" (grandfathered) for cash. A wasted opprtunity to redeem some of the damage done in recent years.
: I hold Level III ASNT and ACCP in several methods and have over 40 years experience in NDT, it saddens me to see the way the profession is being degraded by people "certified" way above their ability.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Well said! And true too!

Carl Berrojo
Engineering
Northrop Grumman, USA, Joined May 2002, 1

Carl Berrojo

Engineering
Northrop Grumman,
USA,
Joined May 2002
09:32 Jun-26-2005
Sandroan,

All ASNT exams are forwarded to the examination centers from ASNT in Ohio. Also, there is no reference on your Level III certificate indicating where the exam was taken, so, all exam sites should be considered equal.

Product Spotlight

35 years of VOGT Ultrasonics!

This year we are celebrating a company anniversary! 35 years have passed since we first took our t
est device and swung the probe on behalf of safety. But our ultrasonic know-how goes back many years..
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

Trade-In Offer

We are offering our existing clients trade-in against Wavemaker® G3 systems, Standard (Blue) inflat
able rings and modules for excellent deals on the latest Wavemaker® G4mini system.
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s