where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Eddyfi

Career Discussions
Steven Johnson
Consultant
USA, Joined Mar 2004, 16

Steven Johnson

Consultant
USA,
Joined Mar 2004
04:12 Jul-31-2005
Cabinet Xray System

On the last two jobs I have had the employer has been able to find a grey area in the licensing of xray systems. They have found a escape clause which allows them to license xray systems in "vaults" as cabinet xray systems. By doing this you eliminate the need to have people formally trained with 40 hours of radiation safety plus taking the State Test.
The in-house trained Level II I work with doesn't even know how to read a survey meter. There seams to be a problem with this set up however, while conduting surveys of the back door of the vault (which I am not required to do) the dose rates are 26 mr contact. Not until you get ten feet away dose the dose rate drop to 2 mr. It seams to me this cabinet xray licensing is a dangerous. Both States I have worked in are agreement States which don't really care about xray use, only radioactive materials.

Product Spotlight

X-ray CT aids research into defect formation in AM parts

X-ray CT is used to research how additive manufacturing process parameters influence defect format
ion in AM parts.
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window