where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Hillger Ing. Büro
was founded in 1984 and develops special ultrasonic imaging systems for high-tech materials.

Career Discussions
Krishna
Engineering
N.B.K.R IST, India, Joined Sep 2005, 1

Krishna

Engineering
N.B.K.R IST,
India,
Joined Sep 2005
02:11 Sep-02-2005
Query

Hi All,
I am an Mechanical Engineer and I m interested in learning NDT.Can any one of U comeforward and suggest me some Distance Education course as I couldn't do full time course due to my job assignments.

Regards,
Krishna Pavan Mynampati.

S.V.Swamy
Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex , India, Joined Feb 2001, 785

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
09:28 Sep-03-2005
Re: Query
Dear Krishna Pavan,

I am not aware of distant education classes, though some such program is under consideration by ISNT. However, it is possible to learn the thory of NDT using text-books and Multi-media CDs. You will still need practical work experience to qualify for the Level I or Level II Certification Examinations, which are mandatory for a career in NDT.

Swamy

----------- Start Original Message -----------
:
: Hi All,
: I am an Mechanical Engineer and I m interested in learning NDT.Can any one of U comeforward and suggest me some Distance Education course as I couldn't do full time course due to my job assignments.
: Regards,
: Krishna Pavan Mynampati.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

Digital Radiography for Concrete Inspection

In the construction industry (buildings, bridges) there is a need for fast non- destructive means,
most commonly to locate targets (Pipes, Re-bars, Conduit, Fittings etc.) within concrete structures prior to drilling, cutting or coring. Measuring reinforcements is also performed for static calculations and to detect corrosion problems and damages. Cracks and voids can also be visualized. The examinations are not only restricted to concrete constructions; they can also be applied to reinforced masonry made of natural stones or bricks.
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s