where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
Krishna
Engineering
N.B.K.R IST, India, Joined Sep 2005, 1

Krishna

Engineering
N.B.K.R IST,
India,
Joined Sep 2005
02:11 Sep-02-2005
Query

Hi All,
I am an Mechanical Engineer and I m interested in learning NDT.Can any one of U comeforward and suggest me some Distance Education course as I couldn't do full time course due to my job assignments.

Regards,
Krishna Pavan Mynampati.

S.V.Swamy
Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex , India, Joined Feb 2001, 787

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
09:28 Sep-03-2005
Re: Query
Dear Krishna Pavan,

I am not aware of distant education classes, though some such program is under consideration by ISNT. However, it is possible to learn the thory of NDT using text-books and Multi-media CDs. You will still need practical work experience to qualify for the Level I or Level II Certification Examinations, which are mandatory for a career in NDT.

Swamy

----------- Start Original Message -----------
:
: Hi All,
: I am an Mechanical Engineer and I m interested in learning NDT.Can any one of U comeforward and suggest me some Distance Education course as I couldn't do full time course due to my job assignments.
: Regards,
: Krishna Pavan Mynampati.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window