where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
Krishna
Engineering
N.B.K.R IST, India, Joined Sep 2005, 1

Krishna

Engineering
N.B.K.R IST,
India,
Joined Sep 2005
02:11 Sep-02-2005
Query

Hi All,
I am an Mechanical Engineer and I m interested in learning NDT.Can any one of U comeforward and suggest me some Distance Education course as I couldn't do full time course due to my job assignments.

Regards,
Krishna Pavan Mynampati.

S.V.Swamy
Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex , India, Joined Feb 2001, 787

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
09:28 Sep-03-2005
Re: Query
Dear Krishna Pavan,

I am not aware of distant education classes, though some such program is under consideration by ISNT. However, it is possible to learn the thory of NDT using text-books and Multi-media CDs. You will still need practical work experience to qualify for the Level I or Level II Certification Examinations, which are mandatory for a career in NDT.

Swamy

----------- Start Original Message -----------
:
: Hi All,
: I am an Mechanical Engineer and I m interested in learning NDT.Can any one of U comeforward and suggest me some Distance Education course as I couldn't do full time course due to my job assignments.
: Regards,
: Krishna Pavan Mynampati.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

YXLON Cougar EVO

Scalable small footprint X-ray inspection systems for assembly and laboratory applications. The
YXLON Cougar EVO series was designed to provide the "best-in- class" inspection solutions for SMT, semiconductor, and laboratory assembly applications, while maintaining a small system footprint for maximum convenience. With optimized software and hardware, these systems produce higher quality and more consistent results than other electronics inspection systems currently on the market.
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window