where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
10th Anniversary
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

03:19 Jan-08-2006

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
10th Anniversary

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate NDT.Net on this, the 10th anniversary of NDT.net.
This was an idea that grew from a small "NewsGroup" discussion a decade ago. It has developed into what is probably the biggest NDT website on the WEB. Not only is it a great place to exchange ideas,concerns and information; it has become the most informative and easily-accessible source of technical documents relating to NDT anywhere.

I would also like to make a special thanks to Rolf Diederichs for all his hard work and dedication that has made NDT.net the success it is today. Great work Rolf!!

03:52 Jan-09-2006

Rolf Diederichs

Director, Editor, Publisher, Internet, PHP MySQL
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: 10th Anniversary Thank you very much for your congratulation Ed. I would like to point out that all success would not be possible without so much help of many authors, just like you have contributed to it very early in 1996. I would also like to thank other authors of the initial Year on the Internet: Christian Große, Hermann Wüstenberg, Godfrey Hands, Garry Passi, Udo Schlengermann, Bernd Koehler and other. Also special thanks to the authors of the first Ultrasonic Transducer Online Workshop which took place in September 1996. This workshop demonstrated the success of Internet discussion forum in conjunction with articles. Authors of this workshop: Gerhard Splitt, Yoseph Bar-Cohen, Robert A. Day, Werner Rathgeb, Hanspeter Loertscher, Bert Grandia, Jan Strycek, and Willem A. Grandia (he sadly died 1998), Gérard Fleury, Christian Gondard, H. Mrasek, D. Gohlke, K. Matthies, E. Neumann, M. Lach, M. Platte, A. Ries. Also my special thanks to our first sponsors: Krautkramer (GE) by Wolf Dietrich Kleinert and Siemens (intelligeNDT) by Rainer Meier opened the first Internet budgets in 1996. Last not least many thanks to Dr Rainer Link, the DGZfP was our first partner who cooperated in online publishing of conference proceedings.

I would like to whish to take the opportunity to discuss here in the forum what NDT.net could improve during the next decade.

Rolf

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate NDT.Net on this, the 10th anniversary of NDT.net.
: This was an idea that grew from a small "NewsGroup" discussion a decade ago. It has developed into what is probably the biggest NDT website on the WEB. Not only is it a great place to exchange ideas,concerns and information; it has become the most informative and easily-accessible source of technical documents relating to NDT anywhere.
: I would also like to make a special thanks to Rolf Diederichs for all his hard work and dedication that has made NDT.net the success it is today. Great work Rolf!!
------------ End Original Message ------------

01:04 Jan-10-2006

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: 10th Anniversary Having been on NDT.net for most of its history (Can it really be that long?) I would like to add my congratulations to Rolf, In particular for keeping the site going while managing to retain its scientific credibilty and accessibility. Not an easy task as the huge number of failed internet enterprises testify to.

Ten years on the site is still viable and free from commercial bias.

It has been particularly valuable for both the commercial and academic NDT community given the relative decline of the conference and exhibition activity over this time.

The whole NDT community owes NDT.net a considerable debt.

Well done Rolf.

: I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate NDT.Net on this, the 10th anniversary of NDT.net.
: This was an idea that grew from a small "NewsGroup" discussion a decade ago. It has developed into what is probably the biggest NDT website on the WEB. Not only is it a great place to exchange ideas,concerns and information; it has become the most informative and easily-accessible source of technical documents relating to NDT anywhere.
: I would also like to make a special thanks to Rolf Diederichs for all his hard work and dedication that has made NDT.net the success it is today. Great work Rolf!!

02:29 Jan-10-2006
Luis Marques
Re: 10th Anniversary congratulations to NDT.Net for the 10th Anniversary and long life

Luis Marques

05:10 Jan-10-2006

Alexander Mironenko

Sales,
INTRON PLUS Ltd.,
Russia,
Joined Sep 2001
Re: 10th Anniversary Rolf, this is a very good deal. I really enjoy visiting ndt.net and speak to you! Good luck to you and your business!

Alex

05:48 Feb-03-2006

Ron Olson

R & D, Aerospace
The Best Aviation Company In The World,
USA,
Joined Feb 2005
Re: 10th Anniversary Thank you, Mr. Diederichs, for your hard work on keeping this forum great.

05:19 Feb-13-2006
Jaromir Amadeus Masa
Re: 10th Anniversary Dear Mr Diederichs,
alow me to concelebrate your first decennium and to wish you many other similar celebrations.
I hope I did not ask for to big help from your side and I shall be able to do many things alone. Thank you also for this help.
Your sympathetic life in nature with your family member(s) and animals should be also mentioned here. Please transfer also my best greetings to them.
Jaromir A. Masa
Strategy department
Starmans electronics Ltd
V Zahradách 24
180 00 - Prague 8 - Liben
Czech Repuiblic - EU
Phone +420-283-842-063, -064
Fax: +420-283-841-067
e-mail: ndt@starmans.cz
http://www.starmans.net

: Thank you, Mr. Diederichs, for your hard work on keeping this forum great.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|