where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
NAS-410 and SNT-TC-1A written practice
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

TD NDE
TD NDE. Automated Custom Ultrasonic Robotic and software solutions. Effective, Simple and Flexible solutions to meet your UT needs.

08:28 Mar-28-2006
Adam
NAS-410 and SNT-TC-1A written practice

I am in the process of up dating a written practice that meets the standards of NAS-410 and the recommendations of SNT-TC-1A. as I am sure you all know NAS requires a few extra levels/Positions of personel, my question is can a person have multiple roles?

Also, if anyone has some helpful information on any common pitfalls related to this "dual certification procedure concept" I would sure appreciate it.

06:54 Apr-06-2006
Roberto Falconio
Re: NAS-410 and SNT-TC-1A written practice Hi ADAM, I can Infer you work for some aerospace applications, Remember if you have a written practice, it suppose to meet the requirements from your employer (your company), therefore if you need a person to have multiple roles you may do it as long as you meet the requirements from the roles you need to met. You may have a level III that is instructor and auditor as long as he met the requirements from auditor and instructor.
For example, In our company we try to meet NAS and SNT TC 1A, However we have a QA department whose main function is to audit the paperwork. We have develop a position for some of them which is NDT auditor, They must pass a Training course same as Level II and for qualification they must pass only a level II end course or general examination and the specific examination, as they only function is to audit paperwork. Up to know it works pretty good but we still trying to find weak points that may be solved
Hope that helps!

Regards

Roberto Falconio
ASNT NDT level III UT RT MT Reg 105293
NDT ENGINEER
AEROMAN-TACA

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am in the process of up dating a written practice that meets the standards of NAS-410 and the recommendations of SNT-TC-1A. as I am sure you all know NAS requires a few extra levels/Positions of personel, my question is can a person have multiple roles?
: Also, if anyone has some helpful information on any common pitfalls related to this "dual certification procedure concept" I would sure appreciate it.
------------ End Original Message ------------

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|