where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Career Discussions
Andre van Vuuren
Andre van Vuuren
07:27 Jan-18-2007
Tube inspection standards

Need Help

ASME V art 8: Could any one please provide me with the equivalent EN standard number that deals with the eddy current inspection of insitu heat exchanger tubing.

Thank you
Andre van Vuuren

Simon Amallraja
Simon Amallraja
09:21 Mar-06-2007
Re: Tube inspection standards
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Need Help
: ASME V art 8: Could any one please provide me with the equivalent EN standard number that deals with the eddy current inspection of insitu heat exchanger tubing.
: Thank you
: Andre van Vuuren
------------ End Original Message ------------

Log on to www.phtool.com and you can see the answer for your quiry in their catalogue

Simon

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 517

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
03:04 Mar-06-2007
Come on Simon,

PH are a good company, and I've certainly bought some excellent stuff from them in the past, but this is not what they do and it doesn't help. its like "EDDY CURRENT Buy Eddy Currents on ebay..."

I've not come across a close European equivalent to ASME V, and I'm fairly sure I would have if it existed.

Joe

: : Need Help
: : ASME V art 8: Could any one please provide me with the equivalent EN standard number that deals with the eddy current inspection of insitu heat exchanger tubing.
: : Thank you
: : Andre van Vuuren
: Log on to www.phtool.com and you can see the answer for your quiry in their catalogue
: Simon

Phil Herman
Phil Herman
06:07 Mar-07-2007
Just to clarify, PH Tool does manufacture ASME Section V, Article 8 Eddy Current Calibration Standards for examination of nonferromagnetic steam generator heat exchanger tubing. The company does not know of an EN equivalent to this standard, however.

Phil Herman
President/CEO
PH Tool Reference Standards

: Come on Simon,
: PH are a good company, and I've certainly bought some excellent stuff from them in the past, but this is not what they do and it doesn't help. its like "EDDY CURRENT Buy Eddy Currents on ebay..."
: I've not come across a close European equivalent to ASME V, and I'm fairly sure I would have if it existed.
: Joe
: : : Need Help
: : : ASME V art 8: Could any one please provide me with the equivalent EN standard number that deals with the eddy current inspection of insitu heat exchanger tubing.
: : : Thank you
: : : Andre van Vuuren
: : Log on to www.phtool.com and you can see the answer for your quiry in their catalogue
: : Simon

Product Spotlight

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

AMIGO2

TSC Amigo2 - ACFM technology has developed a solid reputation for accurately detecting and sizing
surface-breaking cracks through paint and coatings. As the industry demands increased performance in speed, signal quality, and portability, it’s time for an evolution. It’s time for Amigo2.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s