where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
Tube inspection standards
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

ZETEC, Inc.
is your Key Supplier of Phased Array UT and Eddy Current Solutions.– Complete and Fully Integrated!

07:27 Jan-18-2007
Andre van Vuuren
Tube inspection standards

Need Help

ASME V art 8: Could any one please provide me with the equivalent EN standard number that deals with the eddy current inspection of insitu heat exchanger tubing.

Thank you
Andre van Vuuren

09:21 Mar-06-2007
Simon Amallraja
Re: Tube inspection standards ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Need Help
: ASME V art 8: Could any one please provide me with the equivalent EN standard number that deals with the eddy current inspection of insitu heat exchanger tubing.
: Thank you
: Andre van Vuuren
------------ End Original Message ------------

Log on to www.phtool.com and you can see the answer for your quiry in their catalogue

Simon

03:04 Mar-06-2007

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: Tube inspection standards Come on Simon,

PH are a good company, and I've certainly bought some excellent stuff from them in the past, but this is not what they do and it doesn't help. its like "EDDY CURRENT Buy Eddy Currents on ebay..."

I've not come across a close European equivalent to ASME V, and I'm fairly sure I would have if it existed.

Joe

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : Need Help
: : ASME V art 8: Could any one please provide me with the equivalent EN standard number that deals with the eddy current inspection of insitu heat exchanger tubing.
: : Thank you
: : Andre van Vuuren
: Log on to www.phtool.com and you can see the answer for your quiry in their catalogue
: Simon

06:07 Mar-07-2007
Phil Herman
Re: Tube inspection standards Just to clarify, PH Tool does manufacture ASME Section V, Article 8 Eddy Current Calibration Standards for examination of nonferromagnetic steam generator heat exchanger tubing. The company does not know of an EN equivalent to this standard, however.

Phil Herman
President/CEO
PH Tool Reference Standards

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Come on Simon,
: PH are a good company, and I've certainly bought some excellent stuff from them in the past, but this is not what they do and it doesn't help. its like "EDDY CURRENT Buy Eddy Currents on ebay..."
: I've not come across a close European equivalent to ASME V, and I'm fairly sure I would have if it existed.
: Joe
: : : Need Help
: : : ASME V art 8: Could any one please provide me with the equivalent EN standard number that deals with the eddy current inspection of insitu heat exchanger tubing.
: : : Thank you
: : : Andre van Vuuren
: : Log on to www.phtool.com and you can see the answer for your quiry in their catalogue
: : Simon

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|