where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Manuel Haces
Manuel Haces
04:07 Jun-06-1998
Size of delamination of babbit in bearings

I want to compare the different criteria to accept or
reject the size of delamination zones of babbit in
bearings. Any help to find different specifications
will be apreciated.

Michael Trinidad
Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd , Australia, Joined Jan 2003, 138

Michael Trinidad

Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd ,
Australia,
Joined Jan 2003
09:35 Jun-06-1998
Re: Size of delamination of babbit in bearings
: I want to compare the different criteria to accept or
: reject the size of delamination zones of babbit in
: bearings. Any help to find different specifications
: will be apreciated.

I had never heard of the term babbit before another one for my downunder dictionary. The Australian Standard 2824-1985 Ultrasonic evaluation of Metal Bearing bonds has both evaluation and classifications of quality. Evaluation dtails the plotting of the poorly bonded areas. Classification has 5 classifications of quality based on both the edge zones and total bearing surface.

I hope this is of some use to you, I have a copy of the relevant pages in a works procedure if you require them for reference.

Jose Delgado Z
Jose Delgado Z
02:04 Aug-15-2002
Process for Bonding of babbit in bearings???
I need your help.
i wand information about the process for babbit in bearings liners. i'm hurry!!!

Manuel Haces
Director, - Wire rope inspection
Haces Inspección del Noreste and Wire Rope Inspection, Mexico, Joined Jun 2002, 122

Manuel Haces

Director, - Wire rope inspection
Haces Inspección del Noreste and Wire Rope Inspection,
Mexico,
Joined Jun 2002
07:05 Aug-15-2002
Re: Process for Bonding of babbit in bearings???
: I need your help.
: i wand information about the process for babbit in bearings liners. i'm hurry!!!
Tell me more, whath do you need? 01(834)3081627 or 3126609

J. Mark Davis
Teacher, And Consultant
University of Ultrasonics, Birmingham, Alabama, USA, Joined Mar 2000, 85

J. Mark Davis

Teacher, And Consultant
University of Ultrasonics, Birmingham, Alabama,
USA,
Joined Mar 2000
07:17 Aug-15-2002
This is fairlu easy process. Using a straight beam probe. The calibration block is important.

Build a calibration block of similiar thicknesses as the component to be examined. Drill a 3/8 inch FBH to the interface of the babbit and the base material.

Establsiha thickness calibration. Determine the back wall single and observe the interface signal. Phase reversal is a good method to detect the calibration reflector.

Scan the componet to be examined. What for the interface signal.

We used this process in the US Navy.

J. Mark Davis
Davis NDE, Inc.
(205) 663-7006

: : I need your help.
: : i wand information about the process for babbit in bearings liners. i'm hurry!!!
: .
: Tell me more, whath do you need? 01(834)3081627 or 3126609

TBallenger
Consultant
Krautkramer, USA, Joined Jan 2002, 3

TBallenger

Consultant
Krautkramer,
USA,
Joined Jan 2002
07:24 Aug-15-2002
: Make sure a quality flaw detector is available for the task. One with good resolution and RF display.
This is fairlu easy process. Using a straight beam probe. The calibration block is important.
: Build a calibration block of similiar thicknesses as the component to be examined. Drill a 3/8 inch FBH to the interface of the babbit and the base material.
: Establsiha thickness calibration. Determine the back wall single and observe the interface signal. Phase reversal is a good method to detect the calibration reflector.
: Scan the componet to be examined. What for the interface signal.
: We used this process in the US Navy.
: J. Mark Davis
: Davis NDE, Inc.
: (205) 663-7006
: : : I need your help.
: : : i wand information about the process for babbit in bearings liners. i'm hurry!!!
: : .
: : Tell me more, whath do you need? 01(834)3081627 or 3126609
: .

Product Spotlight

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window