where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Size of delamination of babbit in bearings
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

04:07 Jun-06-1998
Manuel Haces
Size of delamination of babbit in bearings

I want to compare the different criteria to accept or
reject the size of delamination zones of babbit in
bearings. Any help to find different specifications
will be apreciated.

09:35 Jun-06-1998

Michael Trinidad

Consultant, API 510 570 & 653
Marine Inspection Service Pty Ltd (MIS),
Australia,
Joined Jan 2003
Re: Size of delamination of babbit in bearings : I want to compare the different criteria to accept or
: reject the size of delamination zones of babbit in
: bearings. Any help to find different specifications
: will be apreciated.

I had never heard of the term babbit before another one for my downunder dictionary. The Australian Standard 2824-1985 Ultrasonic evaluation of Metal Bearing bonds has both evaluation and classifications of quality. Evaluation dtails the plotting of the poorly bonded areas. Classification has 5 classifications of quality based on both the edge zones and total bearing surface.

I hope this is of some use to you, I have a copy of the relevant pages in a works procedure if you require them for reference.

02:04 Aug-15-2002
Jose Delgado Z
Process for Bonding of babbit in bearings??? I need your help.
i wand information about the process for babbit in bearings liners. i'm hurry!!!

07:05 Aug-15-2002

Manuel Haces

Director, - Wire rope inspection
Haces Inspección del Noreste and Wire Rope Inspection,
Mexico,
Joined Jun 2002
Re: Process for Bonding of babbit in bearings??? : I need your help.
: i wand information about the process for babbit in bearings liners. i'm hurry!!!
Tell me more, whath do you need? 01(834)3081627 or 3126609

07:17 Aug-15-2002

J. Mark Davis

Teacher, And Consultant
University of Ultrasonics, Birmingham, Alabama,
USA,
Joined Mar 2000
Re: Process for Bonding of babbit in bearings??? This is fairlu easy process. Using a straight beam probe. The calibration block is important.

Build a calibration block of similiar thicknesses as the component to be examined. Drill a 3/8 inch FBH to the interface of the babbit and the base material.

Establsiha thickness calibration. Determine the back wall single and observe the interface signal. Phase reversal is a good method to detect the calibration reflector.

Scan the componet to be examined. What for the interface signal.

We used this process in the US Navy.

J. Mark Davis
Davis NDE, Inc.
(205) 663-7006

: : I need your help.
: : i wand information about the process for babbit in bearings liners. i'm hurry!!!
: .
: Tell me more, whath do you need? 01(834)3081627 or 3126609

07:24 Aug-15-2002

TBallenger

Consultant
Krautkramer,
USA,
Joined Jan 2002
Re: Process for Bonding of babbit in bearings??? : Make sure a quality flaw detector is available for the task. One with good resolution and RF display.
This is fairlu easy process. Using a straight beam probe. The calibration block is important.
: Build a calibration block of similiar thicknesses as the component to be examined. Drill a 3/8 inch FBH to the interface of the babbit and the base material.
: Establsiha thickness calibration. Determine the back wall single and observe the interface signal. Phase reversal is a good method to detect the calibration reflector.
: Scan the componet to be examined. What for the interface signal.
: We used this process in the US Navy.
: J. Mark Davis
: Davis NDE, Inc.
: (205) 663-7006
: : : I need your help.
: : : i wand information about the process for babbit in bearings liners. i'm hurry!!!
: : .
: : Tell me more, whath do you need? 01(834)3081627 or 3126609
: .

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|