where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
Tentative Workshop at 17 WCNDT
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Iris Inspection Services, Inc.
We are the world’s largest supplier of air cooler, boiler and exchanger tubing inspection services.

02:33 Jun-21-2007
Zheng Liu
Tentative Workshop at 17 WCNDT

Dear NDT Professionals:

My colleague David and I chair a technical committee (36 Industrial Inspection) of the IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Society (I&M). We are planning a workshop at the 17th WCNDT (Shanghai or a city nearby).

We want to focus on two major topics:
1) Standards and applications of smart sensors
We may want to discuss how the the IEEE 1451 standards &TEDS work for NDT&E applications.

2) The NDT data format
We may want to discuss the ASTM DICONDE format. How does it work for NDT instrument and software implementation? Do we need a standard for NDT data besides images? How do we timestamps the NDT data? How do we benefit from a NDT data standard? Does the standard help NDT data analysis and software development?

We may want to have a participant list and further find out if we need to create a working group on these standards.

If you are going to attend WCNDT 17, you may also want to give us your opinions on these topics as well. You can post your opinions here or just send us an email. Let's see what we can contribute to this field together.

Thanks

Zheng Liu

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|