where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Air Coupled UT Market Study
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

ZETEC, Inc.
is your Key Supplier of Phased Array UT and Eddy Current Solutions.– Complete and Fully Integrated!

09:06 Oct-10-2000
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Heinz
Air Coupled UT Market Study

Dear experts,

I am collecting any information for doing a market research concerning to NDT based on air coupled UT.
For that I would like to start a discussion where I receive your opinions on the numbers of users and applications of air coupled UT in contrast to other ultrasonic testing methods (contact, immersion, water beam coupling). I also would like to receive your opinions of possible future applications for air coupled UT if more advanced probes would be available (e.g. 1D and 2D ultrasonic arrays with high bandwidth and frequencies).
Anybody who takes part on the discussion or follows the discussion can profite of the opinions of each other.

Thank you very much!

Martin Heinz.

09:17 Oct-10-2000
Jean-Louis ARNAUD
Re: Air Coupled UT Market Study : Dear experts,

: I am collecting any information for doing a market research concerning to NDT based on air coupled UT.
: For that I would like to start a discussion where I receive your opinions on the numbers of users and applications of air coupled UT in contrast to other ultrasonic testing methods (contact, immersion, water beam coupling). I also would like to receive your opinions of possible future applications for air coupled UT if more advanced probes would be available (e.g. 1D and 2D ultrasonic arrays with high bandwidth and frequencies).
: Anybody who takes part on the discussion or follows the discussion can profite of the opinions of each other.

: Thank you very much!

: Martin Heinz.

09:17 Oct-10-2000
Jean-Louis ARNAUD
Re: Air Coupled UT Market Study : Dear experts,

: I am collecting any information for doing a market research concerning to NDT based on air coupled UT.
: For that I would like to start a discussion where I receive your opinions on the numbers of users and applications of air coupled UT in contrast to other ultrasonic testing methods (contact, immersion, water beam coupling). I also would like to receive your opinions of possible future applications for air coupled UT if more advanced probes would be available (e.g. 1D and 2D ultrasonic arrays with high bandwidth and frequencies).
: Anybody who takes part on the discussion or follows the discussion can profite of the opinions of each other.

: Thank you very much!

: Martin Heinz.

09:00 Oct-31-2000
Wolfgang Bisle
Re: Air Coupled UT Market Study Dear Mr. Heinz,

I think, with the improvements done in the past, with the equipment available on the market and with upcomming developements especially in transducer techniques, the aircoupled ultrasound will have a great future especially in the field of advanced structures and materials for aircraft design.
Especially composites and sandwich structures open a wide field of possible inspection applications.
Since some years we investigate the capabilities of aircoupled ultrasound. Starting with simple through transmission testing of honeycomb sandwich (CFRP/NOMEX or CFRP-foam) to materials like GLARE or ARALL the next consequent step is application of lambwave testing. With lambwave setups I think there are already a lot of applications to solve. I know that the Univ. of Strathclyde already worked since several years on the use of receiver arrays for aircoupled US; and I guess there are already systems in operation in the european aeronautic industry using array setups.

Maybe this helps a little for your survey.
W.Bisle, EADS Airbus GmbH Bremen

05:51 Jan-12-2001
ying qin
Re: Air Coupled UT Market Study : : Dear experts,

: : I am collecting any information for doing a market research concerning to NDT based on air coupled UT.
: : For that I would like to start a discussion where I receive your opinions on the numbers of users and applications of air coupled UT in contrast to other ultrasonic testing methods (contact, immersion, water beam coupling). I also would like to receive your opinions of possible future applications for air coupled UT if more advanced probes would be available (e.g. 1D and 2D ultrasonic arrays with high bandwidth and frequencies).
: : Anybody who takes part on the discussion or follows the discussion can profite of the opinions of each other.

: : Thank you very much!

: : Martin Heinz.

06:08 Jan-12-2001
ying qin
Re: Air Coupled UT Market Study I'm looking for air-coupled Ultrasonic Tranducers used for inspection of composites. It should operate at frequences roughly 200 khz or higher with broadband.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanky und best regards

ying qin

research engineerin, DLR

: : Dear experts,

: : I am collecting any information for doing a market research concerning to NDT based on air coupled UT.
: : For that I would like to start a discussion where I receive your opinions on the numbers of users and applications of air coupled UT in contrast to other ultrasonic testing methods (contact, immersion, water beam coupling). I also would like to receive your opinions of possible future applications for air coupled UT if more advanced probes would be available (e.g. 1D and 2D ultrasonic arrays with high bandwidth and frequencies).
: : Anybody who takes part on the discussion or follows the discussion can profite of the opinions of each other.

: : Thank you very much!

: : Martin Heinz.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|