where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

EXTENDE
EXTENDE, optimize your NDT inspections projects thanks to simulation.

Career Discussions
EDMOND KITENGE S.
EDMOND KITENGE S.
03:04 Jul-05-2007
ndt structure in a aviation company

I would like to know what is the place of ndt service in a aviation company,is it a part of technical direction or qaulity&assurance direction and why?
I'm waiting for the response some one told me that TUNISAIR had that structure in his company ...

EDMOND HBA

Michel
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 829

Michel

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
03:44 Jul-07-2007
Re: ndt structure in a aviation company
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I would like to know what is the place of ndt service in a aviation company,is it a part of technical direction or qaulity&assurance direction and why?
: I'm waiting for the response some one told me that TUNISAIR had that structure in his company ...
: EDMOND HBA
------------ End Original Message ------------

Hi Edmond,

I guess it depends on the organisation. In Canada, the aircraft company that I know of have their NDT Department as part of the maintenance or technical direction as you call it. The reason being is that NDT is used as a maintenance tool. The technician performs an inspection in accordance with an Airworthiness Directive, a Service Bulletin or a maintenance schedule. Basically the same as any other maintenance operation. Furthermore, your aircraft are already in service.

On the other hand, an aircraft manufacturer like Boeing, Airbus or Bell Helicopter for exemple may have their NDT Department as pert of Quality Assurance. In this situation, their function would be to insure the manufacturing meet the company standard of quality.

I hope this answer your question...

ALISHER TADJIEV
NDT Inspector
Uzbekistan Airways Technics, Uzbekistan, Joined Mar 2005, 8

ALISHER TADJIEV

NDT Inspector
Uzbekistan Airways Technics,
Uzbekistan,
Joined Mar 2005
08:22 Jul-09-2007
Re: ndt structure in a aviation company
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I would like to know what is the place of ndt service in a aviation company,is it a part of technical direction or qaulity&assurance direction and why?
: I'm waiting for the response some one told me that TUNISAIR had that structure in his company ...
: EDMOND HBA
------------ End Original Message ------------
Hi
Concerning your question
It depends of the system which is applied in your company
One part of companies have NDT in Maintenance hangar and in workshop and under Technical direction (As example - our company) but another part preferred to make NDT under QAD, or sometimes NDT - it is just independent contractor and aircompany have onsite only representative of NDT company.
Anyway - it is decided by top level and QAD manager of company

Product Spotlight

High Resolution Industrial CT System for Small/Medium Size Parts Inspection

The YXLON FF35 CT computed tomography system is designed to achieve extremely precise inspection res
ults for a wide range of applications. Available in a single or dual tube configuration, it is perfect for very small to medium size parts inspection in the automotive, electronics, aviation, and material science industries.
>

ISAFE3 Intrinsically Safe Sensor System

ISAFE3 intrinsically safe sensor system of Vallen Systeme is especially targeted at the petrochemica
l - as well as oil and gas transportation industry. The sensor system is designed for permanent monitoring or periodic inspection tasks. Sensors are available for different AE-frequency ranges optimized for corrosion and fatigue crack detection and other applications. The ISAFE 3 sensor system consists of an AE-sensor (model ISAS3) certified according to ATEX/IEC for installation in zone 0, gas group IIC, IP68, 20 to +60 °C, and a signal isolator (model SISO3) certified for installation in zone 2. An ISAS3 sensor can be mounted in atmosphere or submerged, e.g. in water or crude oil. It is supported by mounting tools for temporary (magnets) or permanent (welded) installation. ISAFE3 supports automatic sensor coupling test and can be used with any AE signal processor supporting 28V supply at 90 mA peak, e.g. Vallen Systeme ASIP-2/A.
>

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window