where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
ndt structure in a aviation company
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Iris Inspection Services, Inc.
We are the world’s largest supplier of air cooler, boiler and exchanger tubing inspection services.

03:04 Jul-05-2007
EDMOND KITENGE S.
ndt structure in a aviation company

I would like to know what is the place of ndt service in a aviation company,is it a part of technical direction or qaulity&assurance direction and why?
I'm waiting for the response some one told me that TUNISAIR had that structure in his company ...

EDMOND HBA

03:44 Jul-07-2007

Michel

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
Re: ndt structure in a aviation company ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I would like to know what is the place of ndt service in a aviation company,is it a part of technical direction or qaulity&assurance direction and why?
: I'm waiting for the response some one told me that TUNISAIR had that structure in his company ...
: EDMOND HBA
------------ End Original Message ------------

Hi Edmond,

I guess it depends on the organisation. In Canada, the aircraft company that I know of have their NDT Department as part of the maintenance or technical direction as you call it. The reason being is that NDT is used as a maintenance tool. The technician performs an inspection in accordance with an Airworthiness Directive, a Service Bulletin or a maintenance schedule. Basically the same as any other maintenance operation. Furthermore, your aircraft are already in service.

On the other hand, an aircraft manufacturer like Boeing, Airbus or Bell Helicopter for exemple may have their NDT Department as pert of Quality Assurance. In this situation, their function would be to insure the manufacturing meet the company standard of quality.

I hope this answer your question...

08:22 Jul-09-2007

ALISHER TADJIEV

NDT Inspector
Uzbekistan Airways Technics,
Uzbekistan,
Joined Mar 2005
Re: ndt structure in a aviation company ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I would like to know what is the place of ndt service in a aviation company,is it a part of technical direction or qaulity&assurance direction and why?
: I'm waiting for the response some one told me that TUNISAIR had that structure in his company ...
: EDMOND HBA
------------ End Original Message ------------
Hi
Concerning your question
It depends of the system which is applied in your company
One part of companies have NDT in Maintenance hangar and in workshop and under Technical direction (As example - our company) but another part preferred to make NDT under QAD, or sometimes NDT - it is just independent contractor and aircompany have onsite only representative of NDT company.
Anyway - it is decided by top level and QAD manager of company

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|