where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
Jason Juarez
Jason Juarez
08:15 Oct-24-2007
Working without IRRSP

My empolyer wants me to do a job on the border of California and Arizona. I don't have an IRRSP cert. Is there any possible way that I could still do this job out of state?

Mark Thompson
Mark Thompson
03:51 Oct-24-2007
Re: Working without IRRSP
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: My empolyer wants me to do a job on the border of California and Arizona. I don't have an IRRSP cert. Is there any possible way that I could still do this job out of state?
------------ End Original Message ------------

All states require IRRSP. You should not be working with Isotopes without that cert. You and your employer risk fines by the NRC.

Scott Cargill
Scott Cargill
05:15 Nov-30-2007
: : My empolyer wants me to do a job on the border of California and Arizona. I don't have an IRRSP cert. Is there any possible way that I could still do this job out of state?
: All states require IRRSP. You should not be working with Isotopes without that cert. You and your employer risk fines by the NRC.

Acutally that is incorrect. California does NOT require a state card yet. California is still working on putting its program together.

IRRSP / State Card is only required under NRC jurisdiction ie Miltary Bases.

Mark Thompson
Mark Thompson
01:18 Dec-01-2007
: : : My empolyer wants me to do a job on the border of California and Arizona. I don't have an IRRSP cert. Is there any possible way that I could still do this job out of state?
: : All states require IRRSP. You should not be working with Isotopes without that cert. You and your employer risk fines by the NRC.
: Acutally that is incorrect. California does NOT require a state card yet. California is still working on putting its program together.
: IRRSP / State Card is only required under NRC jurisdiction ie Miltary Bases.

Here is a link to the NRC for your information http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/gen-comm/info-notices/1999/in99022.html

Product Spotlight

SITEX CPSERIES

Teledyne ICM’s CPSERIES has been designed with a view to revolutionizing the handling and perfor
mances of portable X-Ray sets. Despite having managed to halve the weight of similar portable X-Ray generators available on the market (while continuing to provide the same power output), the SITEX CPSERIES generators feature a shutter, a laser pointer, a beryllium window, an aluminum filter and two integrated diaphragms (customized sizes are available upon request). Without compromising the robustness and reliability for which ICM products are renowned, the small size and light weight of the SITEX CPSERIES will radically change the way that you perform your RT inspections. And you will see a positive impact in terms of both quality and return on investment (ROI).
>

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window