where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Career Discussions
Jason Juarez
Jason Juarez
08:15 Oct-24-2007
Working without IRRSP

My empolyer wants me to do a job on the border of California and Arizona. I don't have an IRRSP cert. Is there any possible way that I could still do this job out of state?

Mark Thompson
Mark Thompson
03:51 Oct-24-2007
Re: Working without IRRSP
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: My empolyer wants me to do a job on the border of California and Arizona. I don't have an IRRSP cert. Is there any possible way that I could still do this job out of state?
------------ End Original Message ------------

All states require IRRSP. You should not be working with Isotopes without that cert. You and your employer risk fines by the NRC.

Scott Cargill
Scott Cargill
05:15 Nov-30-2007
: : My empolyer wants me to do a job on the border of California and Arizona. I don't have an IRRSP cert. Is there any possible way that I could still do this job out of state?
: All states require IRRSP. You should not be working with Isotopes without that cert. You and your employer risk fines by the NRC.

Acutally that is incorrect. California does NOT require a state card yet. California is still working on putting its program together.

IRRSP / State Card is only required under NRC jurisdiction ie Miltary Bases.

Mark Thompson
Mark Thompson
01:18 Dec-01-2007
: : : My empolyer wants me to do a job on the border of California and Arizona. I don't have an IRRSP cert. Is there any possible way that I could still do this job out of state?
: : All states require IRRSP. You should not be working with Isotopes without that cert. You and your employer risk fines by the NRC.
: Acutally that is incorrect. California does NOT require a state card yet. California is still working on putting its program together.
: IRRSP / State Card is only required under NRC jurisdiction ie Miltary Bases.

Here is a link to the NRC for your information http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/gen-comm/info-notices/1999/in99022.html

Product Spotlight

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

EKOSCAN Phased Array

In order to always fit your needs, EKOSCAN can manufacture any type of UT transducer, either convent
ional or Phased Array. As an ISO 9001: 2015 certified company, EKOSCAN is extremely careful as far a material selection and manufacturing processes are concerned. Our probes guarantee our customers the benefits of latest innovations regarding piezo-composite, backing, impedance adaptation layer, etc. Specific probes for hostile environment: high temperature, high pressure, corrosive environment,etc. Specific probes designed to fit your specific application: optimization of every parameter to guarantee you the best detection.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

Swift & Scorpion2 - a state-of-the-art remote-control ultrasonic crawler

The Swift and Scorpion2 dry-coupled, remote-access ultrasonic crawler bring major efficiency and d
ata improvements to tank shell inspections and other structures such as vessels and offshore installations.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window