where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
Jason Juarez
Jason Juarez
08:15 Oct-24-2007
Working without IRRSP

My empolyer wants me to do a job on the border of California and Arizona. I don't have an IRRSP cert. Is there any possible way that I could still do this job out of state?

Mark Thompson
Mark Thompson
03:51 Oct-24-2007
Re: Working without IRRSP
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: My empolyer wants me to do a job on the border of California and Arizona. I don't have an IRRSP cert. Is there any possible way that I could still do this job out of state?
------------ End Original Message ------------

All states require IRRSP. You should not be working with Isotopes without that cert. You and your employer risk fines by the NRC.

Scott Cargill
Scott Cargill
05:15 Nov-30-2007
: : My empolyer wants me to do a job on the border of California and Arizona. I don't have an IRRSP cert. Is there any possible way that I could still do this job out of state?
: All states require IRRSP. You should not be working with Isotopes without that cert. You and your employer risk fines by the NRC.

Acutally that is incorrect. California does NOT require a state card yet. California is still working on putting its program together.

IRRSP / State Card is only required under NRC jurisdiction ie Miltary Bases.

Mark Thompson
Mark Thompson
01:18 Dec-01-2007
: : : My empolyer wants me to do a job on the border of California and Arizona. I don't have an IRRSP cert. Is there any possible way that I could still do this job out of state?
: : All states require IRRSP. You should not be working with Isotopes without that cert. You and your employer risk fines by the NRC.
: Acutally that is incorrect. California does NOT require a state card yet. California is still working on putting its program together.
: IRRSP / State Card is only required under NRC jurisdiction ie Miltary Bases.

Here is a link to the NRC for your information http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/gen-comm/info-notices/1999/in99022.html

Product Spotlight

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

EKOSCAN Phased Array

In order to always fit your needs, EKOSCAN can manufacture any type of UT transducer, either convent
ional or Phased Array. As an ISO 9001: 2015 certified company, EKOSCAN is extremely careful as far a material selection and manufacturing processes are concerned. Our probes guarantee our customers the benefits of latest innovations regarding piezo-composite, backing, impedance adaptation layer, etc. Specific probes for hostile environment: high temperature, high pressure, corrosive environment,etc. Specific probes designed to fit your specific application: optimization of every parameter to guarantee you the best detection.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window