where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
Working without IRRSP
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

08:15 Oct-24-2007
Jason Juarez
Working without IRRSP

My empolyer wants me to do a job on the border of California and Arizona. I don't have an IRRSP cert. Is there any possible way that I could still do this job out of state?

03:51 Oct-24-2007
Mark Thompson
Re: Working without IRRSP ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: My empolyer wants me to do a job on the border of California and Arizona. I don't have an IRRSP cert. Is there any possible way that I could still do this job out of state?
------------ End Original Message ------------

All states require IRRSP. You should not be working with Isotopes without that cert. You and your employer risk fines by the NRC.

05:15 Nov-30-2007
Scott Cargill
: : My empolyer wants me to do a job on the border of California and Arizona. I don't have an IRRSP cert. Is there any possible way that I could still do this job out of state?
: All states require IRRSP. You should not be working with Isotopes without that cert. You and your employer risk fines by the NRC.

Acutally that is incorrect. California does NOT require a state card yet. California is still working on putting its program together.

IRRSP / State Card is only required under NRC jurisdiction ie Miltary Bases.

01:18 Dec-01-2007
Mark Thompson
: : : My empolyer wants me to do a job on the border of California and Arizona. I don't have an IRRSP cert. Is there any possible way that I could still do this job out of state?
: : All states require IRRSP. You should not be working with Isotopes without that cert. You and your employer risk fines by the NRC.
: Acutally that is incorrect. California does NOT require a state card yet. California is still working on putting its program together.
: IRRSP / State Card is only required under NRC jurisdiction ie Miltary Bases.

Here is a link to the NRC for your information http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/gen-comm/info-notices/1999/in99022.html

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|