where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

KARL DEUTSCH
INSTRUMENTS AND SYSTEMS FOR NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING OF MATERIALS.

Career Discussions
John Brunk
Engineering, NDT Level III
Self employed, part-time, USA, Joined Oct 1999, 158

John Brunk

Engineering, NDT Level III
Self employed, part-time,
USA,
Joined Oct 1999
05:26 Oct-30-2007
Illustrations with questions?

There are frequent questions posted that are almost impossible to answer without responders being able to properly visualize the application. It would be extremely helpful, and reduce the number of responses asking for more information, if questions like the one about a very wide beam transducer included sketches and/or photographs with inquiries. As I am typing this I see that it is possible to add a link to an attachment. This feature needs to be used much more.

Rolf Diederichs
Director, Editor
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 602

Rolf Diederichs

Director, Editor
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
06:00 Oct-30-2007
Re: Illustrations with questions?

Very good point John!
Yes it is possible to show an illustration in the forum on top of your message text, however not so easy to use and you must upload the image to another location. I hope that soon we can offer a simple to use uploader here in the forum.
Until then I suggest to send me the image via email at rd@ndt.net.

Rolf

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: There are frequent questions posted that are almost impossible to answer without responders being able to properly visualize the application. It would be extremely helpful, and reduce the number of responses asking for more information, if questions like the one about a very wide beam transducer included sketches and/or photographs with inquiries. As I am typing this I see that it is possible to add a link to an attachment. This feature needs to be used much more.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 517

Joe Buckley

Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
06:11 Oct-30-2007
The other point is that those of us who use the mailing list don't see the pictures, so it is essential that anyone posting a comment with illustrations refer to it explicitly. so we can go online.

Otherwise we don't know it is there. as indeed I didn't realize the illustration in the post was here until I went online to reply

Joe

: Very good point John!
: Yes it is possible to show an illustration in the forum on top of your message text, however not so easy to use and you must upload the image to another location. I hope that soon we can offer a simple to use uploader here in the forum.
: Until then I suggest to send me the image via email at rd@ndt.net.
: Rolf
: : There are frequent questions posted that are almost impossible to answer without responders being able to properly visualize the application. It would be extremely helpful, and reduce the number of responses asking for more information, if questions like the one about avery wide beam transducer included sketches and/or photographs with inquiries. As I am typing this I see that it is possible to add a link to an attachment. This feature needs to be used much more.

Joe Buckley
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 517

Joe Buckley

Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
06:12 Oct-30-2007

And also the illustration does not appear in follow up messages like mine...

: The other point is that those of us who use the mailing list don't see the pictures, so it is essential that anyone posting a comment with illustrations refer to it explicitly. so we can go online.
: Otherwise we don't know it is there. as indeed I didn't realize the illustration in the post was here until I went online to reply
: Joe
:
: : Very good point John!
: : Yes it is possible to show an illustration in the forum on top of your message text, however not so easy to use and you must upload the image to another location. I hope that soon we can offer a simple to use uploader here in the forum.
: : Until then I suggest to send me the image via email at rd@ndt.net.
: : Rolf
: : : There are frequent questions posted that are almost impossible to answer without responders being able to properly visualize the application. It would be extremely helpful, and reduce the number of responses asking for more information, if questions like the one about a very wide beam transducer included sketches and/or photographs with inquiries. As I am typing this I see that it is possible to add a link to an attachment. This feature needs to be used much more.

Product Spotlight

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

EPOCH 6LT

The EPOCH 6LT flaw detector is optimized for one-handed operation in rope access and high-portab
ility applications. Lightweight with a grip-oriented weight distribution, the instrument fits securely in a user’s hand or can be strapped to their leg using the rope access accessory kit. The clear, bright screen makes A-scans readable in any light while the intuitive software enables fast navigation.
>

Trade-In Offer

We are offering our existing clients trade-in against Wavemaker® G3 systems, Standard (Blue) inflat
able rings and modules for excellent deals on the latest Wavemaker® G4mini system.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s