where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
Illustrations with questions?
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

05:26 Oct-30-2007

John Brunk

Engineering, NDT Level III
Self employed, part-time,
USA,
Joined Oct 1999
Illustrations with questions?

There are frequent questions posted that are almost impossible to answer without responders being able to properly visualize the application. It would be extremely helpful, and reduce the number of responses asking for more information, if questions like the one about a very wide beam transducer included sketches and/or photographs with inquiries. As I am typing this I see that it is possible to add a link to an attachment. This feature needs to be used much more.

06:00 Oct-30-2007

Rolf Diederichs

Director, Editor, Publisher, Internet, PHP MySQL
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Illustrations with questions?

Very good point John!
Yes it is possible to show an illustration in the forum on top of your message text, however not so easy to use and you must upload the image to another location. I hope that soon we can offer a simple to use uploader here in the forum.
Until then I suggest to send me the image via email at rd@ndt.net.

Rolf

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: There are frequent questions posted that are almost impossible to answer without responders being able to properly visualize the application. It would be extremely helpful, and reduce the number of responses asking for more information, if questions like the one about a very wide beam transducer included sketches and/or photographs with inquiries. As I am typing this I see that it is possible to add a link to an attachment. This feature needs to be used much more.
------------ End Original Message ------------

06:11 Oct-30-2007

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: Illustrations with questions? The other point is that those of us who use the mailing list don't see the pictures, so it is essential that anyone posting a comment with illustrations refer to it explicitly. so we can go online.

Otherwise we don't know it is there. as indeed I didn't realize the illustration in the post was here until I went online to reply

Joe

: Very good point John!
: Yes it is possible to show an illustration in the forum on top of your message text, however not so easy to use and you must upload the image to another location. I hope that soon we can offer a simple to use uploader here in the forum.
: Until then I suggest to send me the image via email at rd@ndt.net.
: Rolf
: : There are frequent questions posted that are almost impossible to answer without responders being able to properly visualize the application. It would be extremely helpful, and reduce the number of responses asking for more information, if questions like the one about avery wide beam transducer included sketches and/or photographs with inquiries. As I am typing this I see that it is possible to add a link to an attachment. This feature needs to be used much more.

06:12 Oct-30-2007

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: Illustrations with questions?
And also the illustration does not appear in follow up messages like mine...

: The other point is that those of us who use the mailing list don't see the pictures, so it is essential that anyone posting a comment with illustrations refer to it explicitly. so we can go online.
: Otherwise we don't know it is there. as indeed I didn't realize the illustration in the post was here until I went online to reply
: Joe
:
: : Very good point John!
: : Yes it is possible to show an illustration in the forum on top of your message text, however not so easy to use and you must upload the image to another location. I hope that soon we can offer a simple to use uploader here in the forum.
: : Until then I suggest to send me the image via email at rd@ndt.net.
: : Rolf
: : : There are frequent questions posted that are almost impossible to answer without responders being able to properly visualize the application. It would be extremely helpful, and reduce the number of responses asking for more information, if questions like the one about a very wide beam transducer included sketches and/or photographs with inquiries. As I am typing this I see that it is possible to add a link to an attachment. This feature needs to be used much more.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|