where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

IDEKO S.Coop
We provide Precision, Quality, Reliability and Productivity in manufacturing processes among our knowledge of Inspection and measurement technologies

Career Discussions
John Brunk
Engineering, NDT Level III
Self employed, part-time, USA, Joined Oct 1999, 158

John Brunk

Engineering, NDT Level III
Self employed, part-time,
USA,
Joined Oct 1999
05:26 Oct-30-2007
Illustrations with questions?

There are frequent questions posted that are almost impossible to answer without responders being able to properly visualize the application. It would be extremely helpful, and reduce the number of responses asking for more information, if questions like the one about a very wide beam transducer included sketches and/or photographs with inquiries. As I am typing this I see that it is possible to add a link to an attachment. This feature needs to be used much more.

Rolf Diederichs
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 604

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
06:00 Oct-30-2007
Re: Illustrations with questions?

Very good point John!
Yes it is possible to show an illustration in the forum on top of your message text, however not so easy to use and you must upload the image to another location. I hope that soon we can offer a simple to use uploader here in the forum.
Until then I suggest to send me the image via email at rd@ndt.net.

Rolf

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: There are frequent questions posted that are almost impossible to answer without responders being able to properly visualize the application. It would be extremely helpful, and reduce the number of responses asking for more information, if questions like the one about a very wide beam transducer included sketches and/or photographs with inquiries. As I am typing this I see that it is possible to add a link to an attachment. This feature needs to be used much more.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 519

Joe Buckley

Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
06:11 Oct-30-2007
The other point is that those of us who use the mailing list don't see the pictures, so it is essential that anyone posting a comment with illustrations refer to it explicitly. so we can go online.

Otherwise we don't know it is there. as indeed I didn't realize the illustration in the post was here until I went online to reply

Joe

: Very good point John!
: Yes it is possible to show an illustration in the forum on top of your message text, however not so easy to use and you must upload the image to another location. I hope that soon we can offer a simple to use uploader here in the forum.
: Until then I suggest to send me the image via email at rd@ndt.net.
: Rolf
: : There are frequent questions posted that are almost impossible to answer without responders being able to properly visualize the application. It would be extremely helpful, and reduce the number of responses asking for more information, if questions like the one about avery wide beam transducer included sketches and/or photographs with inquiries. As I am typing this I see that it is possible to add a link to an attachment. This feature needs to be used much more.

Joe Buckley
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 519

Joe Buckley

Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
06:12 Oct-30-2007

And also the illustration does not appear in follow up messages like mine...

: The other point is that those of us who use the mailing list don't see the pictures, so it is essential that anyone posting a comment with illustrations refer to it explicitly. so we can go online.
: Otherwise we don't know it is there. as indeed I didn't realize the illustration in the post was here until I went online to reply
: Joe
:
: : Very good point John!
: : Yes it is possible to show an illustration in the forum on top of your message text, however not so easy to use and you must upload the image to another location. I hope that soon we can offer a simple to use uploader here in the forum.
: : Until then I suggest to send me the image via email at rd@ndt.net.
: : Rolf
: : : There are frequent questions posted that are almost impossible to answer without responders being able to properly visualize the application. It would be extremely helpful, and reduce the number of responses asking for more information, if questions like the one about a very wide beam transducer included sketches and/or photographs with inquiries. As I am typing this I see that it is possible to add a link to an attachment. This feature needs to be used much more.

Product Spotlight

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

ISAFE3 Intrinsically Safe Sensor System

ISAFE3 intrinsically safe sensor system of Vallen Systeme is especially targeted at the petrochemica
l - as well as oil and gas transportation industry. The sensor system is designed for permanent monitoring or periodic inspection tasks. Sensors are available for different AE-frequency ranges optimized for corrosion and fatigue crack detection and other applications. The ISAFE 3 sensor system consists of an AE-sensor (model ISAS3) certified according to ATEX/IEC for installation in zone 0, gas group IIC, IP68, 20 to +60 °C, and a signal isolator (model SISO3) certified for installation in zone 2. An ISAS3 sensor can be mounted in atmosphere or submerged, e.g. in water or crude oil. It is supported by mounting tools for temporary (magnets) or permanent (welded) installation. ISAFE3 supports automatic sensor coupling test and can be used with any AE signal processor supporting 28V supply at 90 mA peak, e.g. Vallen Systeme ASIP-2/A.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window