where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
National Recognize NDT Personnel Qualification Practice
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

02:28 Jun-12-2008

Asif

Consultant, - NDT/QA
Pakistan,
Joined Nov 2008

Dear Experts,

Guide me about the following

Thanks

02:41 Jun-12-2008

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
Re: National Recognize NDT Personnel Qualification Practice ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear Experts,
: Guide me about the following
: National Recognize NDT Personnel Qualification Practice
: Thanks
------------ End Original Message ------------

Dear Asif,

Each country has its own National Standard for Training and Certification of NDT personnel. For example in India, Indian Society for Non-Destructive Testing is the Body (through its National Certification Board) to train and certify the NDT personnel. In USA, ASNT is the certifying body. In Canada, there is a different body.

Please write where you are residing and where you are presently working. Some countries in the middle east accept ASNT Certification.

03:30 Jun-15-2008
Alan
Re: National Recognize NDT Personnel Qualification Practice I am surprised by some of the comments regarding both PCN and CSWIP. I believe that TWI have recently opened a training centre in North America where both PCN and CSWIP training and exams will be conducted, this must indicate there is a need for both PCN and CSWIP within North America the home of ASNT. having qualified to both PCN and ASNT Level 3 in a number of disciplines I personally found the PCN examinations far more demading.
My present role involves auditing NDT companies around the world, one my findings is that during the audit of personnel qualifications an individual may be found not to be qualified in a specific discilpline. When continuing the audit process the following day an ASNT Level II certificate will have appeared in the file of the previously un-qualified person. This can hardly be considered as good practice where a level II qualification can be obtained over night.
I believe the origin of the qualification is of little relevance so lond as the operator is capable of carrying out and interpreting the result of an inspection.
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : Dear Experts,
: : Guide me about the following
: : National Recognize NDT Personnel Qualification Practice
: : Thanks
: Dear Asif,
: Each country has its own National Standard for Training and Certification of NDT personnel. For example in India, Indian Society for Non-Destructive Testing is the Body (through its National Certification Board) to train and certify the NDT personnel. In USA, ASNT is the certifying body. In Canada, there is a different body.
: Please write where you are residing and where you are presently working. Some countries in the middle east accept ASNT Certification.

07:35 Jun-15-2008

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
Re: National Recognize NDT Personnel Qualification Practice Well people,

If I may, I would like to add a few comments to this, yet I'm not familiar with PCN or CSWIP and I think it will go along with the little stir we had on a previous post with a similar topic.

I do believe that with ASNT, there is 2 kinds of certification. One being the TC-1A and the other being the ACCP. The TC-1A is administered by the employer and as someone mentionned before depending of the employer, it may appear overnight during and audit! The other (ACCP) is administered by a national body (ie ASNT) and therefore a little harder to get and with better control.

Personnaly, I believe that no matter which country you are from, a goverment issued certification as pretty well equivalent from one country to another . Specially if the country has adopted the ISO Standards. Like many of the codes we work with, I believe they are to a degree multiplication of each other.

When it comes to the ASTN TC- 1A, it another matter. Like I said, it is controlled by the employer. Some of them,are more leaniant than others and believe that it is only meant to make their life and operation difficult. The other reason I don't like this certification is that it holds the technician hostage to a company because you loose the certification when you leave. The company may also use this tool to withold employee in low wage position if the TC-1A is all you hold for certification.

Cheerios,

Michel

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am surprised by some of the comments regarding both PCN and CSWIP. I believe that TWI have recently opened a training centre in North America where both PCN and CSWIP training and exams will be conducted, this must indicate there is a need for both PCN and CSWIP within North America the home of ASNT. having qualified to both PCN and ASNT Level 3 in a number of disciplines I personally found the PCN examinations far more demading.
: My present role involves auditing NDT companies around the world, one my findings is that during the audit of personnel qualifications an individual may be found not to be qualified in a specific discilpline. When continuing the audit process the following day an ASNT Level II certificate will have appeared in the file of the previously un-qualified person. This can hardly be considered as good practice where a level II qualification can be obtained over night.
: I believe the origin of the qualification is of little relevance so lond as the operator is capable of carrying out and interpreting the result of an inspection.
: : : Dear Experts,
: : : Guide me about the following
: : : National Recognize NDT Personnel Qualification Practice
: : : Thanks
: : Dear Asif,
: : Each country has its own National Standard for Training and Certification of NDT personnel. For example in India, Indian Society for Non-Destructive Testing is the Body (through its National Certification Board) to train and certify the NDT personnel. In USA, ASNT is the certifying body. In Canada, there is a different body.
: : Please write where you are residing and where you are presently working. Some countries in the middle east accept ASNT Certification.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|