where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
NDT Rope Access Inspector
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

07:37 Jun-15-2008

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
NDT Rope Access Inspector

Can someone enlighten me? I've been in the industry for about 20 years and yet don't know what is a NDT Rope Access Inspector.

Cheerios,
Michel

05:21 Jun-16-2008
alex g
Re: NDT Rope Access Inspector Michel, just a little enlightenment to you.
NDT Rope access inspectors are the NDT technicians who are not using any scaffoldings or any type of platforms in doing NDT works especially in ultrasonic testing. They are trained to use Rope in accessing difficult places like towers, piperacks, smokestacks, offshore structures and even the high rise buildings. It is similar to people who are doing rock climbings. In short, they are the cliffhangers with NDT qualifications.

cheers,
alex

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Can someone enlighten me? I've been in the industry for about 20 years and yet don't know what is a NDT Rope Access Inspector.
: Cheerios,
: Michel
------------ End Original Message ------------

08:25 Jun-16-2008

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
Re: NDT Rope Access Inspector So, it's similar to the accoutrement I had during my army life!!! Do you need special training for this? Thanks for the enlightment,
Michel

: Michel, just a little enlightenment to you.
: NDT Rope access inspectors are the NDT technicians who are not using any scaffoldings or any type of platforms in doing NDT works especially in ultrasonic testing. They are trained to use Rope in accessing difficult places like towers, piperacks, smokestacks, offshore structures and even the high rise buildings. It is similar to people who are doing rock climbings. In short, they are the cliffhangers with NDT qualifications.
: cheers,
: alex
:
: : Can someone enlighten me? I've been in the industry for about 20 years and yet don't know what is a NDT Rope Access Inspector.
: : Cheerios,
: : Michel

09:33 Jun-16-2008

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: NDT Rope Access Inspector Check out

http://www.irata.org/training_courses.htm

Joe

: So, it's similar to the accoutrement I had during my army life!!! Do you need special training for this? Thanks for the enlightment,
: : Michel, just a little enlightenment to you.
: : NDT Rope access inspectors are the NDT technicians who are not using any scaffoldings or any type of platforms in doing NDT works especially in ultrasonic testing. They are trained to use Rope in accessing difficult places like towers, piperacks, smokestacks, offshore structures and even the high rise buildings. It is similar to people who are doing rock climbings. In short, they are the cliffhangers with NDT qualifications.
: : cheers,
: : alex
: :
: : : Can someone enlighten me? I've been in the industry for about 20 years and yet don't know what is a NDT Rope Access Inspector.
: : : Cheerios,
: : : Michel

00:35 Jun-16-2008

Wolfgang

NDT Inspector, - Rotorblade Engineering
HMS Sachverständigenbüro Dr. Holstein,
Germany,
Joined May 2003
Re: NDT Rope Access Inspector ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Can someone enlighten me? I've been in the industry for about 20 years and yet don't know what is a NDT Rope Access Inspector.

.. and do not forget the wind turbine blade inspectors using tap testing for NDT method and make defect selective imaging. It is a fast growing sector of challenging alpine type rope climbing inspections - but also problematic: sometimes brave guys climb like monkeys but do they know how to validate what they see?
Regards, Wolfgang

01:14 Jun-19-2008

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
Re: NDT Rope Access Inspector Thank you gentlemen for you input, I'll check out the reference given.

Cheerios,

Michel

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|