where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
EN473 qualification equivalent
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Ultrasonic Sciences Ltd
We specialize in the design and manufacture of automated and semi-automated ultrasonic testing systems, including multi axis, multi channels systems and phased array electronics.

06:44 Jun-19-2008
sridhar
EN473 qualification equivalent

Respected members
i need a clarification. In one of the projects the inspector is required to have qualification as per EN 473 VT Level III(ISO 4063 International standard Norme.

We do have CSWIP and AWS-CWI qualified inspectors.
can this experience be substituted for EN? Is there any document
whicha ddresses this?
Thanks in advance
sree60

07:46 Jun-19-2008

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
Re: EN473 qualification equivalent Hi,

I don't think you yourself can substitute or make certification from one country to another equivalent. We've just gone through this in Canada and the verdict in our case is that any technician who wrote CGSB (Candian General Standards Board) exams and received certification of such after year 2000 in other words got got ISO 48-9712 can received EN473 after the British Certifying Agency received proof of the Canadian Certification and vice-versa. This agreement have been worked out between two countries (certifying agencies).

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Respected members
: i need a clarification. In one of the projects the inspector is required to have qualification as per EN 473 VT Level III(ISO 4063 International standard Norme.
: We do have CSWIP and AWS-CWI qualified inspectors.
: can this experience be substituted for EN? Is there any document
: whicha ddresses this?
: Thanks in advance
: sree60
------------ End Original Message ------------

07:50 Jun-20-2008

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
Re: EN473 qualification equivalent Ladies and Gentlemen,

I do have to apologised. I stated that Canada had an understanding with the UK to recognise some certification. Not totally true. I've misread some information on a site and made some asspumtion. Mea Culpa!!!

As I was reminded the understanding is as follow: "The agreement was to issue a letter of acceptance to the PED for the UK.
This is not the same as the EN-473 "certification" by PCN or CSWIP, but merely an approval to work on UK pressure vessels.
This is a similar arrangment that was made with the ASNT ACCP and the German PED through TüV but ACCP and TüV agreed to recognise each other's Level 3s."

I'm sorry if I raised someone hope up.

Michel

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi,
: I don't think you yourself can substitute or make certification from one country to another equivalent. We've just gone through this in Canada and the verdict in our case is that any technician who wrote CGSB (Candian General Standards Board) exams and received certification of such after year 2000 in other words got got ISO 48-9712 can received EN473 after the British Certifying Agency received proof of the Canadian Certification and vice-versa. This agreement have been worked out between two countries (certifying agencies).
: : Respected members
: : i need a clarification. In one of the projects the inspector is required to have qualification as per EN 473 VT Level III(ISO 4063 International standard Norme.
: : We do have CSWIP and AWS-CWI qualified inspectors.
: : can this experience be substituted for EN? Is there any document
: : whicha ddresses this?
: : Thanks in advance
: : sree60
------------ End Original Message ------------

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|