where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Career Discussions
Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 829

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
02:23 Jun-30-2008
EN473 / PCN / CSWIP

Hi,

On a previous post, a few questions that I have got lost in the shuffle. I guess we were a little abosrbed by what PCN stands for.

Now I would like to know where in Canada or the US could I write the exams and what is the difference between the EN473, PCN and CSWIP?

Michel

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1252

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
06:03 Jun-30-2008
Re: EN473 / PCN / CSWIP
Michel:
TWI is capable of providing an examination conforming to EN473. They have recently opened an office in Houston. I suggest you contact their office to see what can be done to meet your needs,
Contact
Floyd A Baker
Vice President
TWI North America LLC
Tele - 281-680-2000
Fax - 281-680-2004
Mobile - 936-433-8202
Toll Free - 800-994-1638
floyd.baker@twinorthamerica.com

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi,
: On a previous post, a few questions that I have got lost in the shuffle. I guess we were a little abosrbed by what PCN stands for.
: Now I would like to know where in Canada or the US could I write the exams and what is the difference between the EN473, PCN and CSWIP?
: Michel
------------ End Original Message ------------

Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 829

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
01:31 Jun-30-2008
Re: EN473 / PCN / CSWIP
Ed,

You're a scholar and a gentleman,

Thanks a bunch,

Michel

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Michel:
: TWI is capable of providing an examination conforming to EN473. They have recently opened an office in Houston. I suggest you contact their office to see what can be done to meet your needs,
: Contact
: Floyd A Baker
: Vice President
: TWI North America LLC
: Tele - 281-680-2000
: Fax - 281-680-2004
: Mobile - 936-433-8202
: Toll Free - 800-994-1638
: floyd.baker@twinorthamerica.com
:
: : Hi,
: : On a previous post, a few questions that I have got lost in the shuffle. I guess we were a little abosrbed by what PCN stands for.
: : Now I would like to know where in Canada or the US could I write the exams and what is the difference between the EN473, PCN and CSWIP?
: : Michel
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

X-ray CT aids research into defect formation in AM parts

X-ray CT is used to research how additive manufacturing process parameters influence defect format
ion in AM parts.
>

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window