where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Career Discussions
Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 822

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
02:23 Jun-30-2008
EN473 / PCN / CSWIP

Hi,

On a previous post, a few questions that I have got lost in the shuffle. I guess we were a little abosrbed by what PCN stands for.

Now I would like to know where in Canada or the US could I write the exams and what is the difference between the EN473, PCN and CSWIP?

Michel

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1219

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
06:03 Jun-30-2008
Re: EN473 / PCN / CSWIP
Michel:
TWI is capable of providing an examination conforming to EN473. They have recently opened an office in Houston. I suggest you contact their office to see what can be done to meet your needs,
Contact
Floyd A Baker
Vice President
TWI North America LLC
Tele - 281-680-2000
Fax - 281-680-2004
Mobile - 936-433-8202
Toll Free - 800-994-1638
floyd.baker@twinorthamerica.com

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi,
: On a previous post, a few questions that I have got lost in the shuffle. I guess we were a little abosrbed by what PCN stands for.
: Now I would like to know where in Canada or the US could I write the exams and what is the difference between the EN473, PCN and CSWIP?
: Michel
------------ End Original Message ------------

Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 822

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
01:31 Jun-30-2008
Re: EN473 / PCN / CSWIP
Ed,

You're a scholar and a gentleman,

Thanks a bunch,

Michel

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Michel:
: TWI is capable of providing an examination conforming to EN473. They have recently opened an office in Houston. I suggest you contact their office to see what can be done to meet your needs,
: Contact
: Floyd A Baker
: Vice President
: TWI North America LLC
: Tele - 281-680-2000
: Fax - 281-680-2004
: Mobile - 936-433-8202
: Toll Free - 800-994-1638
: floyd.baker@twinorthamerica.com
:
: : Hi,
: : On a previous post, a few questions that I have got lost in the shuffle. I guess we were a little abosrbed by what PCN stands for.
: : Now I would like to know where in Canada or the US could I write the exams and what is the difference between the EN473, PCN and CSWIP?
: : Michel
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

IK4-IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque technology centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system
for the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high perf
ormance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

Mentor UT – Ultrasonic Phased Array Flaw Detector

With Mentor UT, you get an accessible and efficient inspection experience. Create user-defined menus
and workflows (“apps”) with GE’s desktop software Mentor Create to ensure consistency, even for the most complex inspections, every time. Mentor UT is the first UT device to easily allow wireless connectivity and live streaming, so you get second opinions when you need them most—in real-time.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s