where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Volume Graphics GmbH
Career Discussions
Roman
Roman
09:58 Aug-04-2008
NTD-questions

Hello everyone,
Our company is doing radiography testing in Russia...
and we were wondering how all this procedure goes in Europe or America...
I mean, Which standards do you use (ISO, EN)? How the end form with final result of testing looks like? What is a relationship between building company, inspection company and controlling laboratory?
And if you can send me an example of radiography pictures, i will be very appreciated! here my email-dredroma@hotmail.com
We really need your help
Thank you very much in advance,
Roman

Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 856

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
04:19 Aug-05-2008
Re: NTD-questions
Hi Roman,

With the little amount of information you are giving, it is difficult to give you a proper answer. From my experience in Canada, I can tell you that our customers (their engineers) select the code and specification for me to follow based on their final application. Some of them will use ASME others ASNT and others write their own procudures based on these codes or others.

For your benefit, please find the web link the the Russian NDT Society. I hope it will be useful.

http://www.rsnttd.ru/

Cheerio's
Michel
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello everyone,
: Our company is doing radiography testing in Russia...
: and we were wondering how all this procedure goes in Europe or America...
: I mean, Which standards do you use (ISO, EN)? How the end form with final result of testing looks like? What is a relationship between building company, inspection company and controlling laboratory?
: And if you can send me an example of radiography pictures, i willbe very appreciated! here my email-dredroma@hotmail.com
: We really need your help
: Thank you very much in advance,
: Roman
------------ End Original Message ------------

Roman
Roman
07:13 Aug-05-2008
: Hi Roman,
: With the little amount of information you are giving, it is difficult to give you a proper answer. From my experience in Canada, I can tell you that our customers (their engineers) select the code and specification for me to follow based on their final application. Some of them will use ASME others ASNT and others write their own procudures based on these codes or others.
: For your benefit, please find the web link the the Russian NDT Society. I hope it will be useful.
: http://www.rsnttd.ru/
: Cheerio's
: Michel
: : Hello everyone,
: : Our company is doing radiography testing in Russia...
: : and we were wondering how all this procedure goes in Europe or America...
: : I mean, Which standards do you use (ISO, EN)? How the end form with final result of testing looks like? What is a relationship between building company, inspection company and controlling laboratory?
: : And if you can send me an example of radiography pictures, i will be very appreciated! here my email-dredroma@hotmail.com
: : We really need your help
: : Thank you very much in advance,
: : Roman

Thank you for your help!
I have another questions-do you have some standards for the quality of the film?

Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 856

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
08:32 Aug-05-2008
Hi Roman,

Maybe someone else can help you with that. Although I have some knowledge about RT, it's not my forte. In my 20 years of NDT, I've done very little RT and most of it was X-ray on aircraft which is something totally different. But I can tell you this. Most codes that you work with should have an acceptance criteria for the radiograph itself. The same as we have criterias to qualify a UT instrument for inspection. Some of the things the code may include are film density range, film type, maximum size of penumbra and area of interest.

As an exemple, check out ASME Section III. It gives you all you needs to know regarding RT of welds in Pressure Vessel.

Cheerio's
Michel

: : Hi Roman,
: : With the little amount of information you are giving, it is difficult to give you a proper answer. From my experience in Canada, I can tell you that our customers (their engineers) select the code and specification for me to follow based on their final application. Some of them will use ASME others ASNT and others write their own procudures based on these codes or others.
: : For your benefit, please find the web link the the Russian NDT Society. I hope it will be useful.
: : http://www.rsnttd.ru/
: : Cheerio's
: : Michel
: : : Hello everyone,
: : : Our company is doing radiography testing in Russia...
: : : and we were wondering how all this procedure goes in Europe or America...
: : : I mean, Which standards do you use (ISO, EN)? How the end form with final result of testing looks like? What is a relationship between building company, inspection company and controlling laboratory?
: : : And if you can send me an example of radiography pictures, i will be very appreciated! here my email-dredroma@hotmail.com
: : : We really need your help
: : : Thank you very much in advance,
: : : Roman
: Thank you for your help!
: I have another questions-do you have some standards for the quality of the film?

tj
tj
03:32 Aug-05-2008
: I mean, Which standards do you use (ISO, EN)? How the end form with final result of testing looks like? What is a relationship between building company, inspection company and controlling laboratory?
: And if you can send me an example of radiography pictures, i will be very appreciated! here my email-dredroma@hotmail.com

Roman,

Are you inspecting for a customer or for your own reference?

Roman
Sales
Hank, Russia, Joined Aug 2008, 2

Roman

Sales
Hank,
Russia,
Joined Aug 2008
01:21 Aug-06-2008
: : I mean, Which standards do you use (ISO, EN)? How the end form with final result of testing looks like? What is a relationship between building company, inspection company and controlling laboratory?
: : And if you can send me an example of radiography pictures, i will be very appreciated! here my email-dredroma@hotmail.com
: Roman,
: Are you inspecting for a customer or for your own reference?
TJ,
I'm just doing research in the field of radiography and automatic decoding of radiographic films for our future work, because we want to start doing automatic radiography in Europe. For this goal we need to know all procedures of radiography in Europe or America. If you could help us, please do not hesitate to answer here or write me an email.

Zeki Gokce
Zeki Gokce
04:45 Aug-06-2008
Hi Roman,

You have already answered your question. You need to work with the standard that your customer requires you to work. It can be ASME, ISO etc. Depending on the job sometimes they can ask you to go by their company specs as well.

Regards

Zeki

: And if you can send me an example of radiography pictures, i will be very appreciated! here my email-dredroma@hotmail.com

Roman
Sales
Hank, Russia, Joined Aug 2008, 2

Roman

Sales
Hank,
Russia,
Joined Aug 2008
09:37 Aug-07-2008
: Hi Roman,
: You have already answered your question. You need to work with the standard that your customer requires you to work. It can be ASME, ISO etc. Depending on the job sometimes they can ask you to go by their company specs as well.
: Regards
: Zeki
Zaki,
First of all, thank you for replying to my message. Another question I want to ask you-how does the procedure of concluding a contract looks like???i mean, for example in Russia, we have client who want to make radiography inspection, we have company which makes a radiography inspection and we have authority which supesrvise this company and gives license of quality to client who needs radiography testing. How does it look like in your country???
Thanks for your cooperation!

Product Spotlight

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window