where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
NTD-questions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

AT-Automation Technology GmbH
AT -Automation Technology is a systems house for industrial image processing. AT offers thermographic ndt systems as well as high-speed 3D sensors.

09:58 Aug-04-2008
Roman
NTD-questions

Hello everyone,
Our company is doing radiography testing in Russia...
and we were wondering how all this procedure goes in Europe or America...
I mean, Which standards do you use (ISO, EN)? How the end form with final result of testing looks like? What is a relationship between building company, inspection company and controlling laboratory?
And if you can send me an example of radiography pictures, i will be very appreciated! here my email-dredroma@hotmail.com
We really need your help
Thank you very much in advance,
Roman

04:19 Aug-05-2008

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
Re: NTD-questions Hi Roman,

With the little amount of information you are giving, it is difficult to give you a proper answer. From my experience in Canada, I can tell you that our customers (their engineers) select the code and specification for me to follow based on their final application. Some of them will use ASME others ASNT and others write their own procudures based on these codes or others.

For your benefit, please find the web link the the Russian NDT Society. I hope it will be useful.

http://www.rsnttd.ru/

Cheerio's
Michel
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello everyone,
: Our company is doing radiography testing in Russia...
: and we were wondering how all this procedure goes in Europe or America...
: I mean, Which standards do you use (ISO, EN)? How the end form with final result of testing looks like? What is a relationship between building company, inspection company and controlling laboratory?
: And if you can send me an example of radiography pictures, i willbe very appreciated! here my email-dredroma@hotmail.com
: We really need your help
: Thank you very much in advance,
: Roman
------------ End Original Message ------------

07:13 Aug-05-2008
Roman
Re: NTD-questions ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi Roman,
: With the little amount of information you are giving, it is difficult to give you a proper answer. From my experience in Canada, I can tell you that our customers (their engineers) select the code and specification for me to follow based on their final application. Some of them will use ASME others ASNT and others write their own procudures based on these codes or others.
: For your benefit, please find the web link the the Russian NDT Society. I hope it will be useful.
: http://www.rsnttd.ru/
: Cheerio's
: Michel
: : Hello everyone,
: : Our company is doing radiography testing in Russia...
: : and we were wondering how all this procedure goes in Europe or America...
: : I mean, Which standards do you use (ISO, EN)? How the end form with final result of testing looks like? What is a relationship between building company, inspection company and controlling laboratory?
: : And if you can send me an example of radiography pictures, i will be very appreciated! here my email-dredroma@hotmail.com
: : We really need your help
: : Thank you very much in advance,
: : Roman

Thank you for your help!
I have another questions-do you have some standards for the quality of the film?

08:32 Aug-05-2008

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006

Maybe someone else can help you with that. Although I have some knowledge about RT, it's not my forte. In my 20 years of NDT, I've done very little RT and most of it was X-ray on aircraft which is something totally different. But I can tell you this. Most codes that you work with should have an acceptance criteria for the radiograph itself. The same as we have criterias to qualify a UT instrument for inspection. Some of the things the code may include are film density range, film type, maximum size of penumbra and area of interest.

As an exemple, check out ASME Section III. It gives you all you needs to know regarding RT of welds in Pressure Vessel.

Cheerio's
Michel

: : Hi Roman,
: : With the little amount of information you are giving, it is difficult to give you a proper answer. From my experience in Canada, I can tell you that our customers (their engineers) select the code and specification for me to follow based on their final application. Some of them will use ASME others ASNT and others write their own procudures based on these codes or others.
: : For your benefit, please find the web link the the Russian NDT Society. I hope it will be useful.
: : http://www.rsnttd.ru/
: : Cheerio's
: : Michel
: : : Hello everyone,
: : : Our company is doing radiography testing in Russia...
: : : and we were wondering how all this procedure goes in Europe or America...
: : : I mean, Which standards do you use (ISO, EN)? How the end form with final result of testing looks like? What is a relationship between building company, inspection company and controlling laboratory?
: : : And if you can send me an example of radiography pictures, i will be very appreciated! here my email-dredroma@hotmail.com
: : : We really need your help
: : : Thank you very much in advance,
: : : Roman
: Thank you for your help!
: I have another questions-do you have some standards for the quality of the film?

03:32 Aug-05-2008
tj
: I mean, Which standards do you use (ISO, EN)? How the end form with final result of testing looks like? What is a relationship between building company, inspection company and controlling laboratory?
: And if you can send me an example of radiography pictures, i will be very appreciated! here my email-dredroma@hotmail.com

Roman,

Are you inspecting for a customer or for your own reference?

01:21 Aug-06-2008

Roman

Sales
Hank,
Russia,
Joined Aug 2008
: : I mean, Which standards do you use (ISO, EN)? How the end form with final result of testing looks like? What is a relationship between building company, inspection company and controlling laboratory?
: : And if you can send me an example of radiography pictures, i will be very appreciated! here my email-dredroma@hotmail.com
: Roman,
: Are you inspecting for a customer or for your own reference?
TJ,
I'm just doing research in the field of radiography and automatic decoding of radiographic films for our future work, because we want to start doing automatic radiography in Europe. For this goal we need to know all procedures of radiography in Europe or America. If you could help us, please do not hesitate to answer here or write me an email.

04:45 Aug-06-2008
Zeki Gokce

You have already answered your question. You need to work with the standard that your customer requires you to work. It can be ASME, ISO etc. Depending on the job sometimes they can ask you to go by their company specs as well.

Regards

Zeki

: And if you can send me an example of radiography pictures, i will be very appreciated! here my email-dredroma@hotmail.com

09:37 Aug-07-2008

Roman

Sales
Hank,
Russia,
Joined Aug 2008
: Hi Roman,
: You have already answered your question. You need to work with the standard that your customer requires you to work. It can be ASME, ISO etc. Depending on the job sometimes they can ask you to go by their company specs as well.
: Regards
: Zeki
Zaki,
First of all, thank you for replying to my message. Another question I want to ask you-how does the procedure of concluding a contract looks like???i mean, for example in Russia, we have client who want to make radiography inspection, we have company which makes a radiography inspection and we have authority which supesrvise this company and gives license of quality to client who needs radiography testing. How does it look like in your country???
Thanks for your cooperation!

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|