where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

IMG ULTRASUONI SRL
Ultrasonic transducers for industrial applications (NDT) and medical (Doppler effect). Probes, Ultrasonic instruments, Special systems for NDT.

Technical Discussions
Edward Jackson
Edward Jackson
07:00 Oct-24-2000
crack testing of storage vessels

Hi,

I am a novice to the NDT world. I am a second year undergraduate at Loughborough Universtiy studying Mech.Eng.I am doing a industrial project where a valid soultion may well end up being put into place.

I am after information about testing stainless steel storage silos (1000 to 60000 gallons) for cracks in the welds. The silos undergo a high thermal shock every day as part of the cleaning process.

I am looking to detect cracks that appear on the inside surface of the silos. They will probably appear in the welds and they can be randomly orientated.The cracks should be detected before they become big enough to harbour bacteria. There are no identifiable cracks at present.

The tanks are not suitable to send a person inside them without contravening the confined spaces act. There is a water jacket on the outside of the tank that is not removalbe but the water can be removed from it.

I hope that I have provided enough information, thank you in advance for your help.

Ed Jackson

please feel freeto e-mail me on either:-

ed_jackson@ntlworld.com
or E.C.Jackson-99@student.lboro.ac.uk

Michael Trinidad
Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd , Australia, Joined Jan 2003, 138

Michael Trinidad

Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd ,
Australia,
Joined Jan 2003
01:03 Oct-25-2000
Re: crack testing of storage vessels
to get the real feasibility you would be wise talking with Physical Acoustic Corporation at the link specified below.

Jens Forker
Jens Forker
01:38 Oct-25-2000
Re: crack testing of storage vessels
Hi,

I believe AE could do a good job in your application. Vallen-Systeme GmbH (www.vallen.de)is the onliest european manufacturer of AE equipment. To discuss the feasibility of your application with the help of AE please contact our UK representative Mr Chris Rowland (101750.2134@compuserve.com).

Regard
Jens Forker

: Hi,

: I am a novice to the NDT world. I am a second year undergraduate at Loughborough Universtiy studying Mech.Eng.I am doing a industrial project where a valid soultion may well end up being put into place.

: I am after information about testing stainless steel storage silos (1000 to 60000 gallons) for cracks in the welds. The silos undergo a high thermal shock every day as part of the cleaning process.

: I am looking to detect cracks that appear on the inside surface of the silos. They will probably appear in the welds and they can be randomly orientated.The cracks should be detected before they become big enough to harbour bacteria. There are no identifiable cracks at present.

: The tanks are not suitable to send a person inside them without contravening the confined spaces act. There is a water jacket on the outside of the tank that is not removalbe but the water can be removed from it.

: I hope that I have provided enough information, thank you in advance for your help.

: Ed Jackson

: please feel free to e-mail me on either:-

: ed_jackson@ntlworld.com
: or E.C.Jackson-99@student.lboro.ac.uk

Product Spotlight

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Swift & Scorpion2 - a state-of-the-art remote-control ultrasonic crawler

The Swift and Scorpion2 dry-coupled, remote-access ultrasonic crawler bring major efficiency and d
ata improvements to tank shell inspections and other structures such as vessels and offshore installations.
>

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window