where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Career Discussions
mj
mj
01:11 Sep-13-2008
MFL/EMFL Equipment 4 pipline inspection

Hello friends, Iam looking one MFL Equipment for inspection 4" and 6" flowline to find corrosion and pittings from outside the pipe( not a pigging tool) if some one know about these kind of Equipment please let me know. I know about Silverwing and NewTech Equipments. i need some other manufacture
cheers
MJ

Jim Yukes
Jim Yukes
08:13 Sep-14-2008
Re: MFL/EMFL Equipment 4 pipline inspection
Pan American Industries makes a UT tool for pipeline inspection that might be useful.
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello friends, Iam looking one MFL Equipment for inspection 4" and 6" flowline to find corrosion and pittings from outside the pipe( not a pigging tool) if some one know about these kind of Equipment please let me know. I know about Silverwing and NewTech Equipments. i need some other manufacture
: cheers
: MJ
------------ End Original Message ------------

Rafal Mis
Sales, - Technical Support
Olympus Poland, Poland, Joined Sep 2008, 11

Rafal Mis

Sales, - Technical Support
Olympus Poland,
Poland,
Joined Sep 2008
02:02 Sep-15-2008
: Hello friends, Iam looking one MFL Equipment for inspection 4" and 6" flowline to find corrosion and pittings from outside the pipe( not a pigging tool) if some one know about these kind of Equipment please let me know. I know about Silverwing and NewTech Equipments. i need some other manufacture

ULTRA from Poland is making UT equipment for pipes testing. This equipment allows thin pipes testing 2-8 mm. If you need some further informations, let me know.
Regards,
Rafal Mis

Ron Alers
Director, - - President of EMAT Ultrasonics Inc.
USA, Joined Feb 2007, 4

Ron Alers

Director, - - President of EMAT Ultrasonics Inc.
USA,
Joined Feb 2007
00:38 Sep-15-2008
Dear MJ,
There is another technique using EMAT circumferential guided waves which ultrasonically inspect the full body of the pipe as you scan down the length of he pipe. This technique only requires access to one side of the pipe so it does not need complete exposure and is highly effective screening tool for pitting, MIC, or general corrosion. This in our CIRC tool and there are many Inspection Service Providers or you could acquire the tools and training to do it your self. You can get more information at: www.sonicsensors.com or contact me directly, the developer, and manufacturer. Cordially,
Ron Alers

Larry Hopper
Larry Hopper
02:23 Sep-17-2008
There are a number of things available for scanning pipe from the OD. One you should investigate is the TesTex PS2000. This is a very effective method for scanning from the OD. If you contact me, I wills end you information about pipe scanning and experiences with past uses.

Product Spotlight

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

High Resolution Industrial CT System for Small/Medium Size Parts Inspection

The YXLON FF35 CT computed tomography system is designed to achieve extremely precise inspection res
ults for a wide range of applications. Available in a single or dual tube configuration, it is perfect for very small to medium size parts inspection in the automotive, electronics, aviation, and material science industries.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window