where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
MFL/EMFL Equipment 4 pipline inspection
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

01:11 Sep-13-2008
mj
MFL/EMFL Equipment 4 pipline inspection

Hello friends, Iam looking one MFL Equipment for inspection 4" and 6" flowline to find corrosion and pittings from outside the pipe( not a pigging tool) if some one know about these kind of Equipment please let me know. I know about Silverwing and NewTech Equipments. i need some other manufacture
cheers
MJ

08:13 Sep-14-2008
Jim Yukes
Re: MFL/EMFL Equipment 4 pipline inspection Pan American Industries makes a UT tool for pipeline inspection that might be useful.
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello friends, Iam looking one MFL Equipment for inspection 4" and 6" flowline to find corrosion and pittings from outside the pipe( not a pigging tool) if some one know about these kind of Equipment please let me know. I know about Silverwing and NewTech Equipments. i need some other manufacture
: cheers
: MJ
------------ End Original Message ------------

02:02 Sep-15-2008

Rafal Mis

Sales, - Technical Support
Olympus Poland,
Poland,
Joined Sep 2008
Re: MFL/EMFL Equipment 4 pipline inspection ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello friends, Iam looking one MFL Equipment for inspection 4" and 6" flowline to find corrosion and pittings from outside the pipe( not a pigging tool) if some one know about these kind of Equipment please let me know. I know about Silverwing and NewTech Equipments. i need some other manufacture

ULTRA from Poland is making UT equipment for pipes testing. This equipment allows thin pipes testing 2-8 mm. If you need some further informations, let me know.
Regards,
Rafal Mis

00:38 Sep-15-2008

Ron Alers

Director, - - President of EMAT Ultrasonics Inc.
USA,
Joined Feb 2007
Re: MFL/EMFL Equipment 4 pipline inspection Dear MJ,
There is another technique using EMAT circumferential guided waves which ultrasonically inspect the full body of the pipe as you scan down the length of he pipe. This technique only requires access to one side of the pipe so it does not need complete exposure and is highly effective screening tool for pitting, MIC, or general corrosion. This in our CIRC tool and there are many Inspection Service Providers or you could acquire the tools and training to do it your self. You can get more information at: www.sonicsensors.com or contact me directly, the developer, and manufacturer. Cordially,
Ron Alers
----------- Start Original Message -----------

02:23 Sep-17-2008
Larry Hopper
Re: MFL/EMFL Equipment 4 pipline inspection ----------- Start Original Message -----------
There are a number of things available for scanning pipe from the OD. One you should investigate is the TesTex PS2000. This is a very effective method for scanning from the OD. If you contact me, I wills end you information about pipe scanning and experiences with past uses.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|