where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Career Discussions
adnan
adnan
08:56 Oct-02-2008
sonatest sitescan130

Hi guys.. i got sonatest sitescan 130 with no manual available.. just wonder if any guys out there know how to change the ref dB at box dB's .. inside the box, got 'ref dB', then got 'step dB' and the 'actual dB/current dB'... please advise how to change ref dB or set it back to 0 ... currently set at ref 20 .. and the scanning db like 20 is out of the calibration ie... 1.5 side drielled hole with 80 FSH detect the at normal ut set around 40-50 db but this unit like 70-80 dB . so in my point is this ref dB need to turn to 0 // please advise.. thank you in advance with your helps guys...

Justin Lehmann
Consultant,
Quality Testing Services, Inc, A Premium Inspection and Testing Group Affiliate, USA, Joined Sep 2007, 22

Justin Lehmann

Consultant,
Quality Testing Services, Inc, A Premium Inspection and Testing Group Affiliate,
USA,
Joined Sep 2007
03:39 Oct-02-2008
Re: sonatest sitescan130
We have a Sitescan 230 with manual. Ours is also set at 20 Ref dB. I could not locate how to reset in the manual or on the instrument itself. I do not, however, believe there is 20 dB added gain to the instrument. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Justin

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi guys.. i got sonatest sitescan 130 with no manual available.. just wonder if any guys out there know how to change the ref dB at box dB's .. inside the box, got 'ref dB', then got 'step dB' and the 'actual dB/current dB'... please advise how to change ref dB or set it back to 0 ... currently set at ref 20 .. and the scanning db like 20 is out of the calibration ie... 1.5 side drielled hole with 80 FSH detect the at normal ut set around 40-50 db but this unit like 70-80 dB . so in my point is this ref dB need to turn to 0 // please advise.. thank you in advance with your helps guys...
------------ End Original Message ------------

collin maloney
NDT Inspector, - Plant Inspector
Applus RTD, Australia, Joined Nov 2000, 147

collin maloney

NDT Inspector, - Plant Inspector
Applus RTD,
Australia,
Joined Nov 2000
01:20 Oct-03-2008
Not familiar with the Sitescan unit, but have you looked to see any of the following:
1. any damping is on
2. most digitals have selectivity of probe frequency, incorrect selection will affect gain required
3. Suppresion
Hope this helps.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi guys.. i got sonatest sitescan 130 with no manual available.. just wonder if any guys out there know how to change the ref dB at box dB's .. inside the box, got 'ref dB', then got 'step dB' and the 'actual dB/current dB'... please advise how to change ref dB or set it back to 0 ... currently set at ref 20 .. and the scanning db like 20 is out of the calibration ie... 1.5 side drielled hole with 80 FSH detect the at normal ut set around 40-50 db but this unit like 70-80 dB . so in my point is this ref dB need to turn to 0 // please advise.. thank you in advance with your helps guys...
------------ End Original Message ------------

Joel
Joel
04:43 Jan-30-2009
In Reply to Justin Lehmann at 03:39 Oct-02-2008 .

Hi guys! Justin - you wouldn't happen to have an electronic copy of your Sitescan 230 manual?!?!

Justin Lehmann
Consultant,
Quality Testing Services, Inc, A Premium Inspection and Testing Group Affiliate, USA, Joined Sep 2007, 22

Justin Lehmann

Consultant,
Quality Testing Services, Inc, A Premium Inspection and Testing Group Affiliate,
USA,
Joined Sep 2007
15:39 Jan-30-2009
In Reply to Joel at 04:43 Jan-30-2009 .

Joel,

Sorry but I do not have the manual electronically.

Justin

Product Spotlight

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

TOPAZ® 64: Fully Integrated Portable 64 Channel PAUT Instrument with FMC & TFM

Introducing TOPAZ64, the industry’s most intelligent fully integrated, portable 64-channel phased
array ultrasound (UT) instrument. TOPAZ64 combines code-compliant phased array UT with the industry’s most advanced full matrix capture (FMC) and total focusing method (TFM) capabilities. Featuring the highest acquisition frequency in its class, high resolution FMC and a 12” multi-touchscreen, users can easily visualize even the smallest flaws. TOPAZ64 can generate a bipolar pulse that provides more acoustic energy versus previous models for punching through thick components. The result is a portable tool that delivers increased inspection coverage, more accurate signals, and the ability to handle all UT inspections in one package. TOPAZ64 is ideal for challenging applications in transportation, oil and gas, manufacturing and power generation.
>

HARDNESS TESTER TKM-459CE combi

TKM-459CE combi applies 2 methods of hardness control: UCI and Leeb. It provides high-accuracy tes
ting of metals and alloys as well as items of different sizes and configurations, their hardened layers and galvanic coatings. Device represents results in HB, HRC, HV and others. Shock-, dust- and water-proof housing with intuitive software make this gauge easy to use in all working conditions.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window