where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

TWI
TWI is a world leading research and technology organisation established in 1946. From bases in the UK, USA, China, Malaysia, Middle East, India a ...

Technical Discussions
Dave Wilkes
Dave Wilkes
08:55 Oct-28-2000
Data acquisition & USN52R

Data acquisition & USN52R

How can I do the data acquisition from the USN52R, this equipment has an auxiliary port but the output is in DC values, I need to get and RF signal for post-processing whit DSP tools.

"This message was posted on behalf of Roberto Henry who does not have internet access, but has an email address. Therefore could anyone answering this question also email Roberto a copy at henry@aconci.perla.inf.cu "

Wolfgang.Bisle
Wolfgang.Bisle
01:57 Nov-06-2000
Re: Data acquisition & USN52R
Do it by reading out the instrument digitally via RS232 - it is the only standard way. But I guess it is much too slow for a DSP.
Why don't you use a PC-Card based system for such an application. Then you can get access to the raw data as quick as possible. The USN52 is really the wrong instrument for this.
For a good performance you may use a standard PC digitizer slotcard with sufficient speed and dynamic (SONIXS, Signatec, GAGE, Spectrum, ACQIRIS). These cards often might be directly interfaced to a DSP.
And look for a good pulser/receiver board - that's all you need for optimum signal processing. If the receiver das DAC capabilities, don't forget to take this into account into your DSP routines.

Richard Kazares
Richard Kazares
02:40 Nov-07-2000
A new additiuon to our Digital Signal Processing product line is the newly introduced, 12 bit A/D board manufactured by Physical Acoustics Corporation. This 100 MSamples/second board interfaces (piggy-back using 1 PCI slot only) with an available 300/400 V. Pulser/Receiver board.

Contact Physical Acoustics Corporation for more information. www.pacndt.com

: Data acquisition & USN52R
:
: How can I do the data acquisition from the USN52R, this equipment has an auxiliary port but the output is in DC values, I need to get and RF signal for post-processing whit DSP tools.

: "This message was posted on behalf of Roberto Henry who does not have internet access, but has an email address. Therefore could anyone answering this question also email Roberto a copy at henry@aconci.perla.inf.cu "

liheping
liheping
06:02 Jan-11-2001
: Do it by reading out the instrument digitally via RS232 - it is the only standard way. But I guess it is much too slow for a DSP.
: Why don't you use a PC-Card based system for such an application. Then you can get access to the raw data as quick as possible. The USN52 is really the wrong instrument for this.
: For a good performance you may use a standard PC digitizer slotcard with sufficient speed and dynamic (SONIXS, Signatec, GAGE, Spectrum, ACQIRIS). These cards often might be directly interfaced to a DSP.
: And look for a good pulser/receiver board - that's all you need for optimum signal processing. If the receiver das DAC capabilities, don't forget to take this into account into your DSP routines.

Sasha Grebenyuk
Sasha Grebenyuk
02:04 Dec-07-2001
Undocumented commands of USN 52!
Hello!
Can anybody tell me something about undocumented commands of USN 52 (M4): DA, JD, JW, YP, YY?

Best regards...
Sasha Grebenyuk

Product Spotlight

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

High Resolution Industrial CT System for Small/Medium Size Parts Inspection - YXLON FF35 CT

The YXLON FF35 CT computed tomography system is designed to achieve extremely precise inspection r
esults for a wide range of applications. Available in a single or dual tube configuration, it is perfect for very small to medium size parts inspection in the automotive, electronics, aviation, and material science industries.
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window