where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Data acquisition & USN52R
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

08:55 Oct-28-2000
Dave Wilkes

How can I do the data acquisition from the USN52R, this equipment has an auxiliary port but the output is in DC values, I need to get and RF signal for post-processing whit DSP tools.

"This message was posted on behalf of Roberto Henry who does not have internet access, but has an email address. Therefore could anyone answering this question also email Roberto a copy at henry@aconci.perla.inf.cu "

01:57 Nov-06-2000
Wolfgang.Bisle
Re: Data acquisition & USN52R Do it by reading out the instrument digitally via RS232 - it is the only standard way. But I guess it is much too slow for a DSP.
Why don't you use a PC-Card based system for such an application. Then you can get access to the raw data as quick as possible. The USN52 is really the wrong instrument for this.
For a good performance you may use a standard PC digitizer slotcard with sufficient speed and dynamic (SONIXS, Signatec, GAGE, Spectrum, ACQIRIS). These cards often might be directly interfaced to a DSP.
And look for a good pulser/receiver board - that's all you need for optimum signal processing. If the receiver das DAC capabilities, don't forget to take this into account into your DSP routines.

02:40 Nov-07-2000
Richard Kazares
Re: Data acquisition & USN52R A new additiuon to our Digital Signal Processing product line is the newly introduced, 12 bit A/D board manufactured by Physical Acoustics Corporation. This 100 MSamples/second board interfaces (piggy-back using 1 PCI slot only) with an available 300/400 V. Pulser/Receiver board.

Contact Physical Acoustics Corporation for more information. www.pacndt.com

: Data acquisition & USN52R
:
: How can I do the data acquisition from the USN52R, this equipment has an auxiliary port but the output is in DC values, I need to get and RF signal for post-processing whit DSP tools.

: "This message was posted on behalf of Roberto Henry who does not have internet access, but has an email address. Therefore could anyone answering this question also email Roberto a copy at henry@aconci.perla.inf.cu "

06:02 Jan-11-2001
liheping
Re: Data acquisition & USN52R : Do it by reading out the instrument digitally via RS232 - it is the only standard way. But I guess it is much too slow for a DSP.
: Why don't you use a PC-Card based system for such an application. Then you can get access to the raw data as quick as possible. The USN52 is really the wrong instrument for this.
: For a good performance you may use a standard PC digitizer slotcard with sufficient speed and dynamic (SONIXS, Signatec, GAGE, Spectrum, ACQIRIS). These cards often might be directly interfaced to a DSP.
: And look for a good pulser/receiver board - that's all you need for optimum signal processing. If the receiver das DAC capabilities, don't forget to take this into account into your DSP routines.

02:04 Dec-07-2001
Sasha Grebenyuk
Undocumented commands of USN 52! Hello!
Can anybody tell me something about undocumented commands of USN 52 (M4): DA, JD, JW, YP, YY?

Best regards...
Sasha Grebenyuk

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|