where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Career Discussions
trentini
Other, Retired ex Laboratory Technical Manager
OMECO Research Centre, Italy, Joined Sep 2008, 273

trentini

OMECO Research Centre,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2008
07:39 Oct-19-2008
training manual level 2 nd 3 UT

do you tell me the best UT manuals you know for general training of UT personel level 2 and 3? Grazie,ciao.

Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 834

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
07:29 Oct-20-2008
Re: training manual level 2 nd 3 UT
Hi Ezio,

I suggest you contact ASNT. They do have a list of good reference material. As well you should contact the governing body for NDT in your country. I'm not familiar with certification in Italy or Europe, but in Canada, our Certifying Agency makes available a list of reference for each method.

Here is the website for ASNT. Hope this will help.

http://www.asnt.org/

Cheerio's

Michel

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: do you tell me the best UT manuals you know for general training of UT personel level 2 and 3? Grazie,ciao.
------------ End Original Message ------------

ezio trentini
OMECO Research Centre, Italy, Joined Sep 2008, 273

ezio trentini

OMECO Research Centre,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2008
01:02 Oct-21-2008
: Hi Ezio,
: I suggest you contact ASNT. They do have a list of good reference material. As well you should contact the governing body for NDT in your country. I'm not familiar with certification in Italy or Europe, but in Canada, our Certifying Agency makes available a list of reference for each method.
: Here is the website for ASNT. Hope this will help.
: http://www.asnt.org/
: Cheerio's
: Michel
: : do you tell me the best UT manuals you know for general training of UT personel level 2 and 3? Grazie,ciao.

Thank you for suggestion, bat I already consult websites of ASNT, BINDT, DGZFP and know very well the training book of Italian Society for NDT (AIPND). What I search are other pubblications (i.e. Cunnigham respons) and judgments on most selled books.
ciao, ezio

S.V.Swamy
Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex , India, Joined Feb 2001, 787

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
05:19 Oct-21-2008
We use ASNT manuals and also ISNT materials in India. All these are in English. I am ready to help you refine them for your specific use if needed. Distances are no longer a barrier with internet.

Regards.

Swamy

: do you tell me the best UT manuals you know for general training of UT personel level 2 and 3? Grazie,ciao.

Product Spotlight

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

Immersion systems

ScanMaster ultrasonic immersion systems are designed for high throughput, multi shift operation in a
n industrial or lab environment. These fully integrated systems provide various scanning configurations and incorporate conventional and phased arrays technologies to support diverse applications, such as inspection of disks, bars, shafts, billets and plates. All of ScanMaster immersion systems are built from high accuracy scanning frames allowing for scanning of complex parts and include a multi-channel ultrasonic instrument with exceptional performance. The systems are approved by all major manufacturers for C-scan inspection of jet engine forged discs. Together with a comprehensive set of software modules these flexible series of systems provide the customer with the best price performance solutions.
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window