where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Bob Blair
Bob Blair
00:57 Nov-01-2000
Comada NDT (scotland)

Trying to find out what happened to company called Comada which i think was set up to work with Kestrel Marine in Dundee-Scotland '80 onwards.

Dave Wilkes
Dave Wilkes
09:04 Nov-02-2000
Warning to UK Registered Companies
We have an email address for a company called
Comada in our database.

However, the way we interpret the U.K. Data
Protection Act, is that we would have to get
Comada's permission to pass it onto any
third party.

U.K. companies using internet notice boards
should make themselves fully aware of the
implications of this act, the breaking of
which is a criminal rather than a civil
offence.

Dave Wilkes
www.ndtcabin.com "The internet magazine for ndt technicians"

MIKE JENNINGS
MIKE JENNINGS
00:39 Mar-27-2001
Re: Comada NDT (scotland)
: Trying to find out what happened to company called Comada which i think was set up to work with Kestrel Marine in Dundee-Scotland '80 onwards. DEAR BOB I WORKED FOR COMADA FROM 1982 TILL 1987 ,I FINISHED UP IN NORWAY FOR COMADA AT WITCH TIME THERE WERE SOLD TO 2 SCOTTISH LADSFROM FIFE. THERE HAD AN OFFSHOOT COMPANY IN BORENESS SCOTLAND FOR A WHILE. THE LAST TIME I HEARD OF THEM WAS 1992THATS AS FAR AS I CAN GO. CHEERS MICK

Bill Chestnut
NDT Inspector
self employed, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 3

Bill Chestnut

NDT Inspector
self employed,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
08:09 Apr-02-2001
Re: Comada NDT (scotland)
I worked for Comada for 4 weeks back in 1997, the main office was somewhere in Northern Ireland, we were sub contracted to Harland and Wolff, the guys name who ran the operation was called Bill Baxter(from Scotland, from Fife I do not know), they have 3 or 4 full time lads at harlands as far as I know they are still there,

Is this the Mike Jennings who worked on the Channel Tunnel in the early 90's, if it is get in touch please
(e mail above)

: : Trying to find out what happened to company called Comada which i think was set up to work with Kestrel Marine in Dundee-Scotland '80 onwards. DEAR BOB I WORKED FOR COMADA FROM 1982 TILL 1987 ,I FINISHED UP IN NORWAY FOR COMADA AT WITCH TIME THERE WERE SOLD TO 2 SCOTTISH LADSFROM FIFE. THERE HAD AN OFFSHOOT COMPANY IN BORENESS SCOTLAND FOR A WHILE. THE LAST TIME I HEARD OF THEM WAS 1992THATS AS FAR AS I CAN GO. CHEERS MICK

Product Spotlight

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

Mentor UT – Ultrasonic Phased Array Flaw Detector

With Mentor UT, you get an accessible and efficient inspection experience. Create user-defined menus
and workflows (“apps”) with GE’s desktop software Mentor Create to ensure consistency, even for the most complex inspections, every time. Mentor UT is the first UT device to easily allow wireless connectivity and live streaming, so you get second opinions when you need them most—in real-time.
>

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

Swift & Scorpion2 - a state-of-the-art remote-control ultrasonic crawler

The Swift and Scorpion2 dry-coupled, remote-access ultrasonic crawler bring major efficiency and d
ata improvements to tank shell inspections and other structures such as vessels and offshore installations.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window