where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Sonatest Ltd
From our three distinct business centres in the UK, USA and CANADA, Sonatest design and produce a leading range of high performance ultrasonic NDT equipment and accessories.
Technical Discussions
Bob Blair
Bob Blair
00:57 Nov-01-2000
Comada NDT (scotland)

Trying to find out what happened to company called Comada which i think was set up to work with Kestrel Marine in Dundee-Scotland '80 onwards.

Dave Wilkes
Dave Wilkes
09:04 Nov-02-2000
Warning to UK Registered Companies
We have an email address for a company called
Comada in our database.

However, the way we interpret the U.K. Data
Protection Act, is that we would have to get
Comada's permission to pass it onto any
third party.

U.K. companies using internet notice boards
should make themselves fully aware of the
implications of this act, the breaking of
which is a criminal rather than a civil
offence.

Dave Wilkes
www.ndtcabin.com "The internet magazine for ndt technicians"

MIKE JENNINGS
MIKE JENNINGS
00:39 Mar-27-2001
Re: Comada NDT (scotland)
: Trying to find out what happened to company called Comada which i think was set up to work with Kestrel Marine in Dundee-Scotland '80 onwards. DEAR BOB I WORKED FOR COMADA FROM 1982 TILL 1987 ,I FINISHED UP IN NORWAY FOR COMADA AT WITCH TIME THERE WERE SOLD TO 2 SCOTTISH LADSFROM FIFE. THERE HAD AN OFFSHOOT COMPANY IN BORENESS SCOTLAND FOR A WHILE. THE LAST TIME I HEARD OF THEM WAS 1992THATS AS FAR AS I CAN GO. CHEERS MICK

Bill Chestnut
NDT Inspector
self employed, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 3

Bill Chestnut

NDT Inspector
self employed,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
08:09 Apr-02-2001
Re: Comada NDT (scotland)
I worked for Comada for 4 weeks back in 1997, the main office was somewhere in Northern Ireland, we were sub contracted to Harland and Wolff, the guys name who ran the operation was called Bill Baxter(from Scotland, from Fife I do not know), they have 3 or 4 full time lads at harlands as far as I know they are still there,

Is this the Mike Jennings who worked on the Channel Tunnel in the early 90's, if it is get in touch please
(e mail above)

: : Trying to find out what happened to company called Comada which i think was set up to work with Kestrel Marine in Dundee-Scotland '80 onwards. DEAR BOB I WORKED FOR COMADA FROM 1982 TILL 1987 ,I FINISHED UP IN NORWAY FOR COMADA AT WITCH TIME THERE WERE SOLD TO 2 SCOTTISH LADSFROM FIFE. THERE HAD AN OFFSHOOT COMPANY IN BORENESS SCOTLAND FOR A WHILE. THE LAST TIME I HEARD OF THEM WAS 1992THATS AS FAR AS I CAN GO. CHEERS MICK

Product Spotlight

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

Immersion systems

ScanMaster ultrasonic immersion systems are designed for high throughput, multi shift operation in a
n industrial or lab environment. These fully integrated systems provide various scanning configurations and incorporate conventional and phased arrays technologies to support diverse applications, such as inspection of disks, bars, shafts, billets and plates. All of ScanMaster immersion systems are built from high accuracy scanning frames allowing for scanning of complex parts and include a multi-channel ultrasonic instrument with exceptional performance. The systems are approved by all major manufacturers for C-scan inspection of jet engine forged discs. Together with a comprehensive set of software modules these flexible series of systems provide the customer with the best price performance solutions.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window