where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
EMAT
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

06:12 Nov-05-2008

Filipe Matta

NDT Inspector
ITG,
Portugal,
Joined Nov 2008
EMAT

I'm looking for EMAT devices to inspect pressure vessels for flaw detections on welds and thickness reduction on walls of these equipments. This is to avoid using other tests like hidraulic and radiographic tests.
Can someone give me information on companies who provide EMAT devices that fulfill my needs?
Thanks
Filipe

08:40 Nov-05-2008

Steve

Consultant, Advanced NDT Services
Advanced Integrity Solutions,
USA,
Joined Oct 2008
Re: EMAT Call Mark Adams at Spectrum Sales and Services

e-mail: markemat@aol.com

He has been in the business for over 10 years and is a wealth of knowledge.

Steve
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I'm looking for EMAT devices to inspect pressure vessels for flaw detections on welds and thickness reduction on walls of these equipments. This is to avoid using other tests like hidraulic and radiographic tests.
: Can someone give me information on companies who provide EMAT devices that fulfill my needs?
: Thanks
: Filipe
------------ End Original Message ------------

00:16 Nov-07-2008

Ron Alers

Director, - - President of EMAT Ultrasonics Inc.
USA,
Joined Feb 2007
Re: EMAT Dear Filipe,
Sonic Sensors of EMAT Ultrasonics Inc. has numerous industrial field service tools specifically designed for vessels, tanks, and piping. Please contact us at the numbers below and we can discuss all the possibilities. We have equipment for sale, license, or field service companies which can provide the service for you.

Cordially,
Ron Alers
: I'm looking for EMAT devices to inspect pressure vessels for flaw detections on welds and thickness reduction on walls of these equipments. This is to avoid using other tests like hidraulic and radiographic tests.
: Can someone give me information on companies who provide EMAT devices that fulfill my needs?

01:39 Nov-07-2008

Frank Passarelli

President
USA,
Joined Jun 2005
Re: EMAT ----------- Start Original Message -----------

Filipe,

Resonic is a manufacturer of The ARIS line of EMAT based EMAR type systems. We can provide spot check as well as permanent sensor installations for such applications

04:32 Nov-07-2008
Larry Hopper
Re: EMAT ----------- Start Original Message -----------

There is another alternative that is very effective. The alternative is Low Frequency Electromagnetics. This is used all over the world for tank wall scanning. Secondly, Balanced field eddy current is available for weld crack inspections. Contact TesTex for more information.

06:32 Nov-07-2008

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: EMAT At the risk of being a bit mundane, are you sure you need to use the exotic methods?

If you want to carry out wall thickness reduction surveys and weld depth integrity checking on pressure vessels then "conventional" gel/water coupled ultrasonics (whether with monoelement transducers, Phased array or AUT) is well accepted and code approved. EMAT and low frequency ET may work, but you will be off in a minefield of performance demonstation, limited availability of trained operators etc. I would recommed that you be certain you need to use these methods before you go down that route.

For weld cracking (as against problems at depth) then conventional Eddy current weld inspection or ACFM may be worth considering.

Rgds

Joe

: : I'm looking for EMAT devices to inspect pressure vessels for flaw detections on welds and thickness reduction on walls of these equipments. This is to avoid using other tests like hidraulic and radiographic tests.
: : Cansomeone give me information on companies who provide EMAT devices that fulfill my needs?
: : Thanks
: : Filipe
: There is another alternative that is very effective. The alternative is Low Frequency Electromagnetics. This is used all over the world for tank wall scanning. Secondly, Balanced field eddy current is available for weld crack inspections. Contact TesTex for more information.

03:11 Nov-09-2008
Mark Potter
Re: EMAT Dear Filipe,

we make EMAT based inspection systems - if the pressure vessels are steel, we have an off-the-shelf system that should be suitable for wall thinning, and can make weld inspection EMAT systems bespoke.

Sincerely,

Mark

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|