where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
salaries
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

STARMANS elctronics, s. r.o.
STARMANS is the Central European leading producer of industrial measuring, detecting and combined equipments for non-destructive testing

01:59 Dec-17-2008

José Raminhos

NDT Inspector
ALSTOM Portugal, S.A.,Setúbal,
Portugal,
Joined Apr 2008
salaries

Hello

I am doing a personal research about salaries in the world of the ndt and I would like to know if anyone could help me.

My objective is to know how much could a NDT technician in ASNT (MT;PT) level II and welding inspector wiyh 2 years experience won in Europe,(preferently Portugal) and in other coutries of the world.

Any help would be appreciate

Regards to all

José Raminhos

08:28 Dec-18-2008

ezio trentini

Other, Retired ex Laboratory Technical Manager
OMECO Research Centre,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2008
Re: salaries ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello
: I am doing a personal research about salaries in the world of the ndt and I would like to know if anyone could help me.
: My objective is to know how much could a NDT technician in ASNT (MT;PT) level II and welding inspector wiyh 2 years experience won in Europe,(preferently Portugal) and in other coutries of the world.
: Any help would be appreciate
: Regards to all
: José Raminhos
------------ End Original Message ------------

Caro Josè
my opinion is that your question is a nonsense.
1. the amount of salary depend from many factors, capacity, personal availability, ambient,competition avaiability,need of the employer etc
2. if you simply want to know how is the wage of a technichal worker with two yaers experience, then you must consulting an Union forum
ciao,Ezio

02:21 Dec-23-2008
Jim Stuckless
Re: salaries ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : Hello
: : I am doing a personal research about salaries in the world of the ndt and I would like to know if anyone could help me.
: : My objective is to know how much could a NDT technician in ASNT (MT;PT) level II and welding inspector wiyh 2 years experience won in Europe,(preferently Portugal) and in other coutries of the world.
: : Any help would be appreciate
: : Regards to all
: : José Raminhos
: Caro Josè
: my opinion is that your question is a nonsense.
: 1. the amount of salary depend from many factors, capacity, personal availability, ambient,competition avaiability,need of the employer etc
: 2. if you simply want to know how is the wage of a technichal worker with two yaers experience, then you must consulting an Union forum
: ciao,Ezio
------------ End Original Message ------------

No... the question isnt nonsense.... but its being asked incorrectly and for the wrong reasons.

He wants to know how muchpeople make in the NDT industry who are ticketed to MT & PT level 2 qualification. To be very honest..... it is different everywhere.

We here in canada make considerably more (per hour ) than technicians in other countries. However our training and certification processes are far more in depth and far more difficult to achieve (second only to Great Britain and Japan).
Additionally, you must understand that even in the same job market 2 NDT techs may earn drastically different salaries. It is entirely dependant on the number of hours you work... your hourly wage... union or non-union.... years experience.... and a great many other factors as well. Certain jobs in the the same job market pay more than others.... certain companies pay more than others.... certain companies pay less. What you should do before you begin your "research" is determine what it is that you want to get out of the NDT industry.

If its simply a paycheck... I can guarantee you wont last long. I have seen hundreds of peope flock to our industry over the years looking for fast cash. When times get lean they run away just as fast.

Remember ........ it isn't an easy job.... it isnt cheap to get trained... lifestyle sacrifices are many... and though few will admit it this industry is very much based on reputation. As an NDT technician you are really only as good as your last inspection. Make a mistake and see how fast you're career comes to a screeching halt.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|