where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Stephen Bracegirdle
Sales
OIS Engineering Ltd, United Kingdom, Joined Feb 2000, 5

Stephen Bracegirdle

Sales
OIS Engineering Ltd,
United Kingdom,
Joined Feb 2000
08:06 Nov-06-2000
Automatic Pipeline Scanner

There seems to be an awful lot of UT being posted, so I thought I'd give radiography a quick mention to change the theme.

Questions / feedback welcome on our digital pipeline weld scanner, designed to attach to standard welding band and buggy. Shown at WCNDT in Rome recently. Radiographs appear on-screen almost instantaneously as the pipe is circumnavigated. Image quality is high, significantly better than true 'real-time' systems (- no noise), resolution 54 micron or even 27 micron. Detector head is simple to clip on/remove, interchangeable with welding heads if required.

Rolf Diederichs
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 605

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
01:14 Nov-06-2000
Re: Automatic Pipeline Scanner
Dear Stephen,

I remember your exhibition stand in Rome, was it No 47 in the underground level?
How was the exhibition? A lot of visitors found the underground level?
I noticed that some places where not easily to find.

Find attached a photo of your stand and the pipe scanner.
http://www.ndt.net/wshop/ftp/ois.jpg

I am preparing a review of the exhibition for the NDT.net December issue.
I invite you to send your product highlights for the review instead of posting it to the forum.
Of course, your product shown in the NDT.net exhibition would get the largest audience!

Best regards
Rolf

---
: There seems to be an awful lot of UT being posted, so I thought I'd give radiography a quick mention to change the theme.

: Questions / feedback welcome on our digital pipeline weld scanner, designed to attach to standard welding band and buggy. Shown at WCNDT in Rome recently. Radiographs appear on-screen almost instantaneously as the pipe is circumnavigated. Image quality is high, significantly better than true 'real-time' systems (- no noise), resolution 54 micron or even 27 micron. Detector head is simple to clip on/remove, interchangeable with welding heads if required.

H.SUDAD
H.SUDAD
00:22 Mar-03-2001
Re: Automatic Pipeline Scanner
: DATE : 1/3 /2001 OUR REF: REFI-17 /2001

Dear Sir,
You are invited to submit your commercial and technical quotation for the inquiry below CIF to Jordan ,Amman as soon as possible together with two sets of catalogues and all the conditions(terms of payment, weight,size,delivery,validity and origin.) for the following:

ITEM 1
PIPE SCANNER APPARATUSE CORROSION INSPECTION OF PIPES.

1. Automatic scanner for pipes plates .vessels spheres. QTY 1
2. Automatic scanner for pipes Qty 1
3. Automatic pipe scanner for pipe Diameter (50-225)mm Qty 3
4. P-scan system ( complete) which include
-Software program to be installed for controlling the system.
-The program also used for on/off lina data analysis.
-Industrial PC 500MHZ 120 MD RAM 13 GB.
- P-Scan system post processing software.

ITEM 2
CAMERAPROFILER FOR CORROSION AND NON CONTACT. Qty 1
-Thickness measurement apparatus for thermal
-Insulation pipes without removing their insulation and can use on stream pipes.
Notes for the above items.
Offer should be attached with the two sets of catalogues for the apparatus- Explanation in details for the apparatus and all necessary accessories.
Your prompt reply would be appreciated.

Yours faithfully H.Sudad ABSOLUTE WATER UK LTD TEL: 0044-161-2825682

Joseph Pascente
Engineering
Lixi, Inc., USA, Joined Nov 1998, 39

Joseph Pascente

Engineering
Lixi, Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
02:16 Mar-04-2001
Automatic Pipeline Scanner
March 5, 2001

What is your definition of automatic? The Lixi Profiler will provide the needed data on the pipe systems.

Joe Pascente

Product Spotlight

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Silverwing RMS PA - Phased-array corrosion mapping

Eddyfi Technologies integrated two market leading solutions, Silverwing’s RMS and M2M’s instru
ments to provide a high-speed, remote access ultrasonic phased-array inspection system with live total focusing method (TFM).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window