where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
NDT.net November Issue
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Teletest
Teletest Focus+ was the first system to use long-range guided wave ultrasonic testing to detect corrosion in pipelines.

01:19 Nov-07-2000

Rolf Diederichs

Director, Editor, Publisher, Internet, PHP MySQL
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
NDT.net November Issue

This Month's Introduction

Not much introduction is needed this month, our content speaks for itself;
we are proud to bring you the 15th WCNDT CD-ROM online.
For faster access to the 663 papers (70 MB) do not hesitate to order this
comprehensive CD-ROM for only US$100.

All WCNDT authors who have yet not submitted their e-file for the
CD-ROM can send it to rd@ndt.net now for Internet publication.
As usual we call for papers for future NDTnet issues.
Next month Rolf Diederichs will provide some notes on the
Conference, the Exhibition and his photos from Rome.

You might like to read Rolf Diederichs' WCNDT paper NDT on the Internet.
It tells how this WCNDT'00 CD-ROM was developed via the Internet by a
NDT.net team thousands of miles apart, and explains the benefits of our
long-held view that all NDT Conferences should be available as full-text
and searchable from one Internet Database.

Kind Regards,
Rolf Diederichs

03:22 Nov-10-2000

Michael Trinidad

Consultant, API 510 570 & 653
Marine Inspection Service Pty Ltd (MIS),
Australia,
Joined Jan 2003
Re: NDT.net November Issue I like to write technical papers, more the hands on or of interest NDT papers as I am not in the same league as some of the experts in this industry which frequent this site. I am not tryining ti demean myself I have been involved in NDT experiments and enjoyed that also.

My question , Rolf if anybody writes an article for NDT Net is it recognised as a published article by the relevant NDT certification bodies?

If yes-no problem, if no is there any moves towards gaining such recognition? I know you have certain views of particular NDT certification bodies, I am curious generally, as NDT net would have to be the biggest source of renewed NDT information on the internet.

Kindest Regards

Michael Trinidad

07:43 Nov-12-2000

Rolf Diederichs

Director, Editor, Publisher, Internet, PHP MySQL
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: NDT.net November Issue Hello Michael,

I know from Ed Ginzel that he renewed his ASNT Level 3 by the point method and used the papers published on NDT.net as a method to accumulate part of his points. This was OK with the ASNT renewal committee and he needed to only provide a copy of the first page of the paper as documentation of the publishing.

Of course we perform a critical review of the content because there could be many people who would try to publish ANYTHING just to accumulate points.

Best regards
Rolf Diederichs

BTW: About the ASNT Level 3 policy of certification renewal by points:
Every 5 years we need to renew our certification and in the process we must prove that we are active in NDT at a level 3 degree of performance. To renew by points you need to accumulate a certain number of points by things like; providing training lessons, attending conferences, active membership on NDT committees, presenting papers at presentations, and publishing papers in recognised NDT publications. By doing this you avoid having to write a long examination.

---------------
: I like to write technical papers, more the hands on or of interest NDT papers as I am not in the same league as some of the experts in this industry which frequent this site. I am not tryining ti demean myself I have been involved in NDT experiments and enjoyed that also.

: My question , Rolf if anybody writes an article for NDT Net is it recognised as a published article by the relevant NDT certification bodies?

: If yes-no problem, if no is there any moves towards gaining such recognition? I know you have certain views of particular NDT certification bodies, I am curious generally, as NDT net would have to be the biggest source of renewed NDT information on the internet.

: Kindest Regards

: Michael Trinidad

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|