where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Mobile-Friendly Implementation in Progress

PBP Optel sp. z o.o.
We are searching new ways - in ultrasonic techniques - in creation of new products

Technical Discussions
young chul jung
young chul jung
06:30 Nov-09-2000
stress field

Hi all!!

If there is a specimen subjected to any kind of loading, i would like to find out how much load was applied in that specimen (most likely a specific point of interest) by ultrasonic technique. is it possible?

please provide me any advise.

thanks very much

Kris Smestad
Kris Smestad
06:38 Nov-10-2000
Re: stress field
Hello Young...

What was the specimen
type, dimensions, wall thickness, etc...? There may be a way to make that determination with AE.

-Kris
: Hi all!!

: If there is a specimen subjected to any kind of loading, i would like to find out how much load was applied in that specimen (most likely a specific point of interest) by ultrasonic technique. is it possible?

: please provide me any advise.

: thanks very much

Jens Forker
Jens Forker
00:00 Nov-13-2000
Re: stress field
Dear Young

as Kris already wrote, AE may help you by using the Kaiser-Effekt: if you (mechanically) load and unload a sample, then reload again you will not get AE unless you exceed the previous load level.
This is not generally true under all circumstances, but is used in different applications.

regards
Jens

: Hi all!!

: If there is a specimen subjected to any kind of loading, i would like to find out how much load was applied in that specimen (most likely a specific point of interest) by ultrasonic technique. is it possible?

: please provide me any advise.

: thanks very much

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures
An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
Dantec Dynamics GmbH
5 Showcases

Echomac® PA Rail Wheel Tester
MAC introduces two versions of Rail Wheel Testers using ECHOMAC® PA platform based on customer
Magnetic Analysis Corporation
3 Showcases 4 Videos

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features
TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high
TecScan Systems
5 Showcases 4 Videos Product Video

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment
The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of
Hillger Ing. Büro
3 Videos

More Showcases

Share...

We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window