where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
stress field
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

ULTRASOUND INSTITUTE
The Ultrasound Institute can develop new advanced ultrasonic measurement, imaging and NDT techniques for non-conventional applications.

06:30 Nov-09-2000
young chul jung
stress field

Hi all!!

If there is a specimen subjected to any kind of loading, i would like to find out how much load was applied in that specimen (most likely a specific point of interest) by ultrasonic technique. is it possible?

please provide me any advise.

thanks very much

06:38 Nov-10-2000
Kris Smestad
Re: stress field Hello Young...

What was the specimen
type, dimensions, wall thickness, etc...? There may be a way to make that determination with AE.

-Kris
: Hi all!!

: If there is a specimen subjected to any kind of loading, i would like to find out how much load was applied in that specimen (most likely a specific point of interest) by ultrasonic technique. is it possible?

: please provide me any advise.

: thanks very much

00:00 Nov-13-2000
Jens Forker
Re: stress field Dear Young

as Kris already wrote, AE may help you by using the Kaiser-Effekt: if you (mechanically) load and unload a sample, then reload again you will not get AE unless you exceed the previous load level.
This is not generally true under all circumstances, but is used in different applications.

regards
Jens

: Hi all!!

: If there is a specimen subjected to any kind of loading, i would like to find out how much load was applied in that specimen (most likely a specific point of interest) by ultrasonic technique. is it possible?

: please provide me any advise.

: thanks very much

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|