where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
young chul jung
young chul jung
06:30 Nov-09-2000
stress field

Hi all!!

If there is a specimen subjected to any kind of loading, i would like to find out how much load was applied in that specimen (most likely a specific point of interest) by ultrasonic technique. is it possible?

please provide me any advise.

thanks very much

Kris Smestad
Kris Smestad
06:38 Nov-10-2000
Re: stress field
Hello Young...

What was the specimen
type, dimensions, wall thickness, etc...? There may be a way to make that determination with AE.

-Kris
: Hi all!!

: If there is a specimen subjected to any kind of loading, i would like to find out how much load was applied in that specimen (most likely a specific point of interest) by ultrasonic technique. is it possible?

: please provide me any advise.

: thanks very much

Jens Forker
Jens Forker
00:00 Nov-13-2000
Re: stress field
Dear Young

as Kris already wrote, AE may help you by using the Kaiser-Effekt: if you (mechanically) load and unload a sample, then reload again you will not get AE unless you exceed the previous load level.
This is not generally true under all circumstances, but is used in different applications.

regards
Jens

: Hi all!!

: If there is a specimen subjected to any kind of loading, i would like to find out how much load was applied in that specimen (most likely a specific point of interest) by ultrasonic technique. is it possible?

: please provide me any advise.

: thanks very much

Product Spotlight

OPBOX with standard software is able to do all types of inspections and measurements: flaw detection in welds and materials, scanning of objects, testing composite materials, forged and moulded pieces, many UT inspections, measurements of properties of ma

Typical applications: UT measurements with pulse technique, Measurement of thicknesses also at hig
h temperatures, Measurements of properties of materials, including fluids and gases We are delivering a standard version of the software (for any Microsoft Windows up to 10 x64 with Microsoft Hardware certification report Approved) and for special needs: SDK with ready to use examples for LabView, MATLAB x64, C++ wrapper for dll, Python and Linux., and also low-level description of how to control our devices directly from any USB tools
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

VeeScan AirCraft Wheel Inspection

The VEESCAN offers maximum flexibility, has a proven mechanical design and records of breakdown-fr
ee operation of over 365 days. Appealing to companies in the Aerospace industry, the VEESCAN is ideal for all wheel-testing environments. With a wide selection of probes, the VeeScan allows your wheel testing facility the flexibility to select the most compatible configurations with their workload.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window