where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Volume Graphics GmbH
Leading industrial companies around the world look for defects in their products using Volume Graphics software.
Technical Discussions
zubair Abdullah
Consultant
ACME, Saudi Arabia, Joined Nov 2000, 1

zubair Abdullah

Consultant
ACME,
Saudi Arabia,
Joined Nov 2000
00:39 Nov-09-2000
NDT Equipment Selection

Dear Gentlemen,

I am working in a NDT organisation in Saudi Arabia. Our scope of work is to conduct the NDT of Girthwelds along the pipeline construction ( upto 80" dia , NDT of welding of pressure Vessels at the manufacturing plant,NDT of Steel structures . The methods being used are RT ( x-ray & Gamma rays ),UT,PT,MT.Could any one of you help me by replying to my following points:
1. Which x-ray machine is more suitable for such activities.Please give the manufacturer name and address.
2. Which Gamma ray source is more suitable for us. The metal thickness being Max.60mm. Could you please give the address of supplier.
3. Is there any mandatory requirement(like certification from USNRC,CFR etc.) to be fulfilled by the employer to establish x-ray & Gamma ray NDT method. If yes , kindly give some details.
4. Which model of Ultrasonic flaw detector is suitable to us. Kindly specify the Manufacturer.

Thanks and Best regards.

William Blum
William Blum
09:15 Nov-21-2000
Re: NDT Equipment Selection
Sir,

I am curious, how does a company that appears to know nothing about radiography (or NDT in general) manage to land a contract to perform such?

I urge you to visit www.brighttechnical.com to review our services. We provide consulting services to companies such as yours and will be happy to provide answers to your questions for a fee.

William E. Blum
Managing Director
Bright Technical Services Inc.
www.brighttechnical.com
wblum@brightechnical.com
USA Toll Free 1-877-638-2441
Fax/Voice Mail 1-435-417-3992
Sweden 46-42-14 39 99

: Dear Gentlemen,

: I am working in a NDT organisation in Saudi Arabia. Our scope of work is to conduct the NDT of Girthwelds along the pipeline construction ( upto 80" dia , NDT of welding of pressure Vessels at the manufacturing plant,NDT of Steel structures . The methods being used are RT ( x-ray & Gamma rays ),UT,PT,MT.Could any one of you help me by replying to my following points:
: 1. Which x-ray machine is more suitable for such activities.Please give the manufacturer name and address.
: 2. Which Gamma ray source is more suitable for us. The metal thickness being Max.60mm. Could you please give the address of supplier.
: 3. Is there any mandatory requirement(like certification from USNRC,CFR etc.) to be fulfilled by the employer to establish x-ray & Gamma ray NDT method. If yes , kindly give some details.
: 4. Which model of Ultrasonic flaw detector is suitable to us. Kindly specify the Manufacturer.

: Thanks and Best regards.

Product Spotlight

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window