where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
NDT Equipment Selection
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

IMechE Engineering Training Solutions
World leading provider of Non-Destructive Testing and Corrosion Prevention and Coatings training, examinations and Level 3 Consultancy Services

00:39 Nov-09-2000

zubair Abdullah

Consultant
ACME,
Saudi Arabia,
Joined Nov 2000
NDT Equipment Selection

Dear Gentlemen,

I am working in a NDT organisation in Saudi Arabia. Our scope of work is to conduct the NDT of Girthwelds along the pipeline construction ( upto 80" dia , NDT of welding of pressure Vessels at the manufacturing plant,NDT of Steel structures . The methods being used are RT ( x-ray & Gamma rays ),UT,PT,MT.Could any one of you help me by replying to my following points:
1. Which x-ray machine is more suitable for such activities.Please give the manufacturer name and address.
2. Which Gamma ray source is more suitable for us. The metal thickness being Max.60mm. Could you please give the address of supplier.
3. Is there any mandatory requirement(like certification from USNRC,CFR etc.) to be fulfilled by the employer to establish x-ray & Gamma ray NDT method. If yes , kindly give some details.
4. Which model of Ultrasonic flaw detector is suitable to us. Kindly specify the Manufacturer.

Thanks and Best regards.

09:15 Nov-21-2000
William Blum
Re: NDT Equipment Selection Sir,

I am curious, how does a company that appears to know nothing about radiography (or NDT in general) manage to land a contract to perform such?

I urge you to visit www.brighttechnical.com to review our services. We provide consulting services to companies such as yours and will be happy to provide answers to your questions for a fee.

William E. Blum
Managing Director
Bright Technical Services Inc.
www.brighttechnical.com
wblum@brightechnical.com
USA Toll Free 1-877-638-2441
Fax/Voice Mail 1-435-417-3992
Sweden 46-42-14 39 99

: Dear Gentlemen,

: I am working in a NDT organisation in Saudi Arabia. Our scope of work is to conduct the NDT of Girthwelds along the pipeline construction ( upto 80" dia , NDT of welding of pressure Vessels at the manufacturing plant,NDT of Steel structures . The methods being used are RT ( x-ray & Gamma rays ),UT,PT,MT.Could any one of you help me by replying to my following points:
: 1. Which x-ray machine is more suitable for such activities.Please give the manufacturer name and address.
: 2. Which Gamma ray source is more suitable for us. The metal thickness being Max.60mm. Could you please give the address of supplier.
: 3. Is there any mandatory requirement(like certification from USNRC,CFR etc.) to be fulfilled by the employer to establish x-ray & Gamma ray NDT method. If yes , kindly give some details.
: 4. Which model of Ultrasonic flaw detector is suitable to us. Kindly specify the Manufacturer.

: Thanks and Best regards.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|