where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
yasin karavacýoglu
yasin karavacýoglu
04:25 Dec-01-2000
C-scan images

Dear experts and acedemissions,

I want to learn technical information about c-scan system.
What is the basic principles of this system.
is there any differency of using probe ?
please inform me

yasin
yasin
04:27 Dec-01-2000
Re: C-scan images
: Dear experts and acedemissions,

: I want to learn technical information about ultrasonic c-scan system.
: What is the basic principles of this system.
: is there any differency of using probe ?
: please inform me

John O'Brien
Consultant, -
Chevron ETC , USA, Joined Jan 2000, 280

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
02:35 Dec-03-2000
Re: C-scan images
I assume you are talking about C-Scan Images as in Ultrasonics and not in pipeline Current Mapping?

UT C-Scan is simply a data presentation method where by you plot X and Y positional information (usually provided by some form of probe manipulator)plus the UT signal data whether it be depth, amplitude or time of flight whatever signal component you are interested in. You can then apply color or other media to represent information at various signal levels to produce maps of the area or component under examination.

Of course once data is stored as co-ordinate and signal measurements in a computer you can apply a myriad of graphing or display tools to produce the desired image results.

Product Spotlight

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

Eddy Current inspection : RotoETscan Rotating Head

The rotating head RotoETscan detects the presence of longitudinal surface or sub surface defects a
t high speed. The rotating head is often installed directly on the production line. It is generally dedicated to the control of long products such as tubes, bars and wires, made of ferrous or non-ferrous material. It can also be used for inspection of small parts (billets).
>

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window