where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
yasin karavacýoglu
yasin karavacýoglu
04:25 Dec-01-2000
C-scan images

Dear experts and acedemissions,

I want to learn technical information about c-scan system.
What is the basic principles of this system.
is there any differency of using probe ?
please inform me

yasin
yasin
04:27 Dec-01-2000
Re: C-scan images
: Dear experts and acedemissions,

: I want to learn technical information about ultrasonic c-scan system.
: What is the basic principles of this system.
: is there any differency of using probe ?
: please inform me

John O'Brien
Consultant, -
Chevron ETC , USA, Joined Jan 2000, 280

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
02:35 Dec-03-2000
Re: C-scan images
I assume you are talking about C-Scan Images as in Ultrasonics and not in pipeline Current Mapping?

UT C-Scan is simply a data presentation method where by you plot X and Y positional information (usually provided by some form of probe manipulator)plus the UT signal data whether it be depth, amplitude or time of flight whatever signal component you are interested in. You can then apply color or other media to represent information at various signal levels to produce maps of the area or component under examination.

Of course once data is stored as co-ordinate and signal measurements in a computer you can apply a myriad of graphing or display tools to produce the desired image results.

Product Spotlight

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

Customized Probes and Transducers

With a strong development department and our own piezocomposite production, we accompany you from th
e first product idea to serial production. Our scientists are continuously researching new methods in the field of ultrasonic measurement technology. The progress achieved enables us to offer you optimal solutions.
>

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

Ultrasonic Probe Recharacterization Service

NDT Systems offers a comprehensive Aftercare and Recharacterization Service for all our ultrasonic
probes. The Recharacterization Service is fully compliant with International ASTM E1065 Standard Guide (and other applicable standards) and offers complete documentation, traceable to the ASTM E1065 Standard. For more details or to schedule Recharacterization Services contact ndtsales@ndtsystems.com
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window