where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Riichi Murayama
Teacher, Professor
Fukuoka institute of technology, Japan, Joined May 2000, 1

Riichi Murayama

Teacher, Professor
Fukuoka institute of technology,
Japan,
Joined May 2000
03:52 Dec-17-2000
Velocity equation of cylindrical wave

Dear colleags,
Does anyone have any information on the velocity equations of
a cylindrical wave? I'm planning to research a cylyndrical wave using EMAT technique. If you would teach me any information about it, I would appreciate it.
Regards,
Riichi Murayama

Jim Barshinger
Engineering
General Electric Global Research Center, USA, Joined Aug 2000, 8

Jim Barshinger

Engineering
General Electric Global Research Center,
USA,
Joined Aug 2000
00:33 Dec-18-2000
Re: Velocity equation of cylindrical wave
The velocity equation can be developed from Navier's equation of motion performing the vector operations in cylindrical coordinates. You can reduce the equation into four uncoupled wave equations that are forms of Bessel's equation. Then you have to apply the appropriate boundary conditions. There are a number of references that address this. I would recommend the book "Wave motion in elastic solids" by Karl F. Graff as a starting point. It is currently published as a paperback by Dover books and is very inexpensive. Amazon.com should have it. You should also be able to find papers that address this type of problem, check the Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, and also IEEE transactions on ultrasonics ferroelectrics and frequency control.

Best Regards,
Jim

Product Spotlight

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

Ultrasonic Flaw Detector & Thickness Gauge: Smartor

SIUI’s newly launched Smartor is a combination of ultrasonic testing and ultrasonic thickness me
asurement. ●IP 66 ●Compact size: 198 (W)* 128 (H) *520 (D) mm ●0.9kg only with battery ●5.7" LCD with high resolution 640×480 pixels ●One-hand operation ●Multiple conventional UT functions ●Smart Test Wizard ●Weld Simulation
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window