where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

YXLON Copenhagen
YXLON Copenhagen is a highly specialized, award winning Danish company with 60 years of experience in portable X-ray solutions for industrial NDT.

Technical Discussions
SAM WARD
SAM WARD
02:49 Jan-31-2001
Re: NDT Industry
TRY THE ONLY NDT WEB SITE AT www.ndtdatabase.com

Tim Sun
Tim Sun
02:11 Jan-05-2001
NDT Industry

I am trying to collect some general infomation about the NDT industry in North America and Europe. Any good data regarding of the size of the industry existing? If so, please let me know where I can find it.

Dave Wilkes
Dave Wilkes
09:28 Jan-05-2001
U.S. NDT equipment market alone was worth $799 million
in 1999.

Gary Woodside
Gary Woodside
09:59 Jan-05-2001
ASNT's marketing department was starting to colate this information last year.

Rgds Gary

: I am trying to collect some general infomation about the NDT industry in North America and Europe. Any good data regarding of the size of the industry existing? If so, please let me know where I can find it.

Kris Smestad
Kris Smestad
06:24 Jan-05-2001
www.mlc.lib.mi.us/~stewarca/steelynx.html
www.cnde.iastate.edu/cnde.html
www.asnt.org
www.astm.org
www.ndt.org

plus there are a million others (most can be accessed by links from sites above). Good luck.

-Kris

: I am trying to collect some general infomation about the NDT industry in North America and Europe. Any good data regarding of the size of the industry existing? If so, please let me know where I can find it.

John O'Brien
Consultant, -
Chevron ETC , USA, Joined Jan 2000, 278

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
00:11 Jan-08-2001
There are numerous US Institutions which monitor and study this market. You should look at the Frost & Sullivan report on the industry.
Also a number of the US Government R&D Facilities have been commissioned to do do specific sector studies i.e. Digital Radiography.
Be careful - many of the studies underestimate (in some sectors by substantial amounts) the market size. This is due to the fact that the NDT industry has many companies who are either privately owned or the NDT operations are part of a larger group. In both cases accessing true financial figures is often difficult.

Regards

John O'Brien

Product Spotlight

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

TVC awarded UKAS accreditation

TVC are delighted to finally announce we have been awarded UKAS accreditation for our calibration
laboratory. Laboratory accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 enables us to conduct the Electrical Verification of Ultrasonic Flaw Detection Equipment to BS EN 12668-1:2010. It has taken many months of hard work and we want to thank our staff for all their efforts during this massive undertaking.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high perf
ormance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s