where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Re: NDT Industry
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

02:49 Jan-31-2001
SAM WARD
Re: NDT Industry TRY THE ONLY NDT WEB SITE AT www.ndtdatabase.com

02:11 Jan-05-2001
Tim Sun
NDT Industry

I am trying to collect some general infomation about the NDT industry in North America and Europe. Any good data regarding of the size of the industry existing? If so, please let me know where I can find it.

09:28 Jan-05-2001
Dave Wilkes
Re: NDT Industry U.S. NDT equipment market alone was worth $799 million
in 1999.

09:59 Jan-05-2001
Gary Woodside
Re: NDT Industry ASNT's marketing department was starting to colate this information last year.

Rgds Gary

: I am trying to collect some general infomation about the NDT industry in North America and Europe. Any good data regarding of the size of the industry existing? If so, please let me know where I can find it.

06:24 Jan-05-2001
Kris Smestad
Re: NDT Industry www.mlc.lib.mi.us/~stewarca/steelynx.html
www.cnde.iastate.edu/cnde.html
www.asnt.org
www.astm.org
www.ndt.org

plus there are a million others (most can be accessed by links from sites above). Good luck.

-Kris

: I am trying to collect some general infomation about the NDT industry in North America and Europe. Any good data regarding of the size of the industry existing? If so, please let me know where I can find it.

00:11 Jan-08-2001

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
Re: NDT Industry There are numerous US Institutions which monitor and study this market. You should look at the Frost & Sullivan report on the industry.
Also a number of the US Government R&D Facilities have been commissioned to do do specific sector studies i.e. Digital Radiography.
Be careful - many of the studies underestimate (in some sectors by substantial amounts) the market size. This is due to the fact that the NDT industry has many companies who are either privately owned or the NDT operations are part of a larger group. In both cases accessing true financial figures is often difficult.

Regards

John O'Brien

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|