where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Michael Trinidad
Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd , Australia, Joined Jan 2003, 141

Michael Trinidad

Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd ,
Australia,
Joined Jan 2003
02:53 Jun-25-1998
NDT Ethics

Rolf deleted a message because I believe he thought it poor taste. I agree that posting a message shrugging of the deaths of so many people with cynical comments is in bad taste and to do nothing is unethical. I also agree with some of the message writers that some of the wording of messages has been unconstructive having a poor balance between adjectives and facts however I agree with this forums intent which is to try and provide information to all interested of ongoing NDT topics. I only have the ASNT code of ethics for NDT but of note are the following portions:

3. RESPONSIBILITY TO THE PUBLIC
Protect the safety, health, and welfare of the public in the performance of professional duties. Should the case arise where the NDT Level III faces a situation where the safety. Health and welfare of the public are not protected, he/she shall:

3.1.1 Apprise the proper authority if it is evident that the safety, health, and welfare of the public are not being protected

4. PUBLIC STATEMENTS

4.2 The NDT Level III will publicly express no opinion on a NDT matter unless it is founded upon adequate knowledge of the facts in issue, upon a background of technical competence in the subject matter and, upon honest conviction of the accuracy and propriety of the testimony.

I am not an ASNT NDT person but the ethics are to my liking, many countries have their own NDT society or accreditation schemes with their own codes of ethics similar to the above. Although some may disagree with the public nature of the discussions as long as basic ethics are followed good information can be obtained from free discussions. I hate seeing people "re-invent the wheel" this forum have allowed experts dealing in this matter to see what experts in other countries are doing to solve the same problem.

Rolf Diederichs
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 617

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
05:14 Jun-28-1998
Re: NDT Ethics
: 4.2 The NDT Level III will publicly express no opinion on a NDT matter unless it is founded upon adequate knowledge of the facts in issue, upon a background of technical competence in the subject matter and, upon honest conviction of the accuracy and propriety of the testimony.

: I am not an ASNT NDT person but the ethics are to my liking, many countries have their own NDT society or accreditation schemes with their own codes of ethics similar to the above. Although some may disagree with the public nature of the discussions as long as basic ethics are followed good information can be obtained from free discussions. I hate seeing people "re-invent the wheel" this forum have allowed experts dealing in this matter to see what experts in other countries are doing to solve the same problem.

Michael Trinidad quoted in his message the ASNT code of ethics for NDT.

Unfortunately such Society paper is only a hypocrisy,
but seriously not followed, especially not by the society staff.

You may remember that we discussed already ethics on this forum:
'ASNT Policies taken to Extemes -
http://www.ndt.net/wshop/forum/messages/65.htm'

Ethics of NDT Socities in general?
This Internet site works (so far survived) under this policies already 3 Years.
However this is our business and as long we are working on it we don't want to
bring it up to a public discussion.

Our goal is to continue this professional online information without
censorship, neither from societies, government or industry sponsors!

Best regards

Rolf Diederichs

Product Spotlight

Portable Ground Penetrating Radar - Proceq GP8000

The Proceq GP8000 portable ground penetrating radar instrument is the beginning of a new era in ND
T. The outstanding, patented ultra- wideband technology combined with a compact wireless probe delivers unmatched industry performance. Proceq GP8000 is the world’s first large-scale inspection solution that utilizes Augmented Reality in industrial applications.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

OPBOX with standard software is able to do all types of inspections and measurements: flaw detection in welds and materials, scanning of objects, testing composite materials, forged and moulded pieces, many UT inspections, measurements of properties of ma

Typical applications: UT measurements with pulse technique, Measurement of thicknesses also at hig
h temperatures, Measurements of properties of materials, including fluids and gases We are delivering a standard version of the software (for any Microsoft Windows up to 10 x64 with Microsoft Hardware certification report Approved) and for special needs: SDK with ready to use examples for LabView, MATLAB x64, C++ wrapper for dll, Python and Linux., and also low-level description of how to control our devices directly from any USB tools
>

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window