where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions
Job Offers >
L2 PT
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Sonatest Ltd
From our three distinct business centres in the UK, USA and CANADA, Sonatest design and produce a leading range of high performance ultrasonic NDT equipment and accessories.

03:27 Jul-26-2006
diane
L2 PT
Job Location: Troy, MI
offered by  

The Troy laboratory is looking for NDT Level II individuals to set up and calibrate equipment and to interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standards and specifications in any one or more of the following methods: Liquid penetrant testing.

The NDT Level II should be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the methods for which qualified; with specific strengths working within aerospace and automotive inspection requirements and should expect to exercise assigned responsibility for on-the-job training (OJT) and guidance of trainees and NDT Level I personnel. The NDT Level II shall be able to organize and report the results of NDT tests.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
•Performs and maintains written quality requirements associated with X-R-I Testing procedure manual and Customer requirements.
•Establishes work instruction and technical data sheets for set-up and processing of inspection programs. Submits data to Level III for approval.
•Accepts or rejects the customers’ products based on standards provided and records and reports specific inspection data.
•Interprets and implements customer directed specifications and standards.
•Directly assists in the training and qualification of trainees and Level I personnel through on-the-job training practices as defined by Level III.
•Expands and increases knowledge of the applicable NDE method and/ or other methods not qualified for in preparation of qualification for Level I, II or III certification as applicable.
•Uses of job tracking analysis to assure efficient and profitable operations are conducted.
•Qualifications for certification (NAS410) with Aerospace and Automotive Experience

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|