Job Location: Ayer, MA
· Performs a wide variety of non-destructive testing in Magnetic Particle Testing and Fluorescent Penetrant Testing on ferromagnetic and nonferromagnetic materials.
· Perform daily, weekly, and monthly tests on system to determine level of equipment sensitivity.
· Record and maintain detailed records and files that must be capable of withstanding intense government/customer/NADCAP audits.
· Perform demagnetization of parts that have been magnetized and determine that the amount of residual magnetism will have no effect on future machining or assembly operations.
· Must make judgements on relevant and nonrelevant indications, such as flaws in materials that will cause a catastrophic system failure, based on in depth knowledge of different types of discontinuities.
· Observe all safety rules and maintain a foreign object damage (FOD) free work area.
· Perform other related responsibilities.
· A basic understanding of Magnetic Principles and terminology associated with Magnetic Particle Testing.
· Must be capable of determining current requirements through mathematical formulas for establishing test parameters and the interpretation of he test results once the test are performed.
· Must be capable of working with a minimum of supervision
· Ability to work effectively with others and be a participative player.