INSPECTION ENGINEER/ QA/QC ENGINEER/ SURVEYOR/QC INSPECTOR-MULTI DISCIPLINED.
Job Location: MIDDLE EAST.
B-Tech in Mechanical Engineering (Production Engineering) from Calicut University (Passed with First Class in 1988.)
SPECIAL TRAINING :
QA / QC and Inspection
* CSWIP 3.2 ( Senior Welding Inspector Course )
* BGAS ¡V CSWIP Painting Inspection Grade2
* ASNT Level ¡V II (RT,LPI and MPI)
X Industrial Radiography and safety aspects- IRG I from B.A.R.C Bombay.
X Qualified in Gas Testing Certification course conducted by ADCO in year 1995.
X Undergone Sea Survival course conducted by T.S.D.B, Mussafah, Abu Dhabi.
X Undergone all the mandatory Safety Training Courses (such as General Safety, Basic Fire ¡V fighting, Breathing Apparatus ¡V Industrial (Escape set & trolley set)) conducted by ADMA-OPCO, Das Island, Abu -Dhabi.
X Planning package-PRIMAVERA P3.1 from Cambridge Institute ABU DHABI
(SUMMARY) : 18 Years experience in Inspection and Quality Control of fabrication & erection of Oil Field Installations/Off ¡V Shore jackets, Platforms, Piping, Sub marine Pipelines, Risers, Crude Oil Storage Tanks, Pressure Vessels, etc for various clients - ADNOC, ADCO, ONGC, QGPC, GASCO, FERTIL, ADMA, TOTAL/ NIOC,ELF QATAR, SAUDI ARAMCO etc¡K
WORKING EXPERIENCE :
April 1998 ¡V To date. : NATIONAL PETROLEUM CONSTRUCTION COMPANY (N.P.C.C), ABU DHABI, U.A.E.
Position : CERTIFIED INSPECTOR (MULTI DISCIPLINED)
Principal Duties : Conduct Quality Control Inspection of various Off-Shore and Onshore Projects ¡VOff-Shore Jackets, Platforms, Piping, Submarine Pipe-Lines, Risers, Pressure Vessels, Crude Oil Storage Tanks, etc. as per applicable specifications and approved ITPs.
Checking the received Project Material and the related documents (MRV, Material Test Certificates etc) against the requirements of applicable Purchase Order and the Project Material Specifications.
Patrol Check on the proper storage, backing, handling etc. of the welding electrodes and fluxes. Ensure that only acceptable materials are used. Record the details for the material traceability. Checking of the Fit-up, Pre-heat, Inter pass temperature etc as per applicable WPS. Final Visual Inspection of completed welds.
Prepare requests for NDT, PWHT, Hardness Tests etc. and ensure that these tests are carried out to the extent specified in the applicable specification.
Dimensional Control & Hydrotest
Witness the dimensional Check of the fabricated items, Preparation of the hydro test packages for the Hydrotest (Piping), witness the Hydrotest along with the client and get the clients approval on the hydrotest reports
Carry out the painting Inspection (for off-shore and Das Island Projects)
Check climatic conditions such as DBT , WBT, and finding out the RH and Dew Points, visual inspection of the blasted surfaces, checking the amplitude of the profile using surface replica tape & dial gauge, measuring the DFT, visual inspection after curing of each layer of the paint system etc..
Field Joint Coating
Carry out the field joint coating Inspection for the submarine pipelines (Off shore Projects)
Visual Inspection of the surface preparation, witnessing the calibration of the holiday detector, holiday checking of the field joint coating (Raychem Heat Shrink Sleeve- HTLP-60, SERVIWRAP & SERVI SHIELD etc..)
Getting the signatures on the inspection repots, filing the reports, NDT drawings, etc in the Inspection Data book, submit the Inspection Data book to the client and get their final approval.
OFF-SHORE PROJECTS( involved with NPCC, for various clients , staying at various barges)
ADMA-OPCO, ABU DHABI.
* Installation of Monopod Towers (US1,US2 &US3) and the related piping, in the year 1998.
* 24c Ö submarine pipeline (USSC ¡V US 20A) 7.5KM, in the year 2001.
* Off-shore khuff Gas Development Project ¡V (PP full field shutdown, deck extension and hook-up of well head platform AKK4 in 2005 in total ABK field
ZADCO- ABU DHABI
* Hook up, deck extension, slot extension etc for various well head platforms in the year 1999.( NPCC H-31 hook up campaign)
TOTAL- SIRRI/NIOC , IRAN
* Installation of 4 legged jacket(DPH), in the year 1999
* Installation of WPE2 platform, in the year 1999.
* 14cÖ submarine pipeline DPG-DPH(SL-2), in the year 1999.
* Riser spools (Pre-fabrication on-board DLB-1000 and installation at DPG & DPH in the year 1999).
TOTAL SOUTH PARS ¡V IRAN
* Installation of 4 legged jackets WP1 & WP2, in the year 2000.
* Installation of WP2 (SPD4)Platform, BSP2 Upper Deck , WP2- BSP2 Bridge etc in January 2002
* Replacement of 4cÖ Riser spool( 4¡¨ Dog leg spool) at SPD3 in 2002
QGPC ¡V QATAR
* Installation of 4 legged jacket and Platform BH-G09 at BH field, in the year 2000.
* Laying of sub marine pipe lines of various diameters(6c,8c,10c,14c&16c ¡VTotal 56 KM)
* Hook up (Deck extension & piping) at PS3B and hook up at well head platforms BH- G09 and BH-M05 in the year 2000.
ELF PETROLEUM ¡V QATAR
* Laying of submarine pipe-lines of various diameters (10c,12c,16c- by SMAW, 16c- by GMAW.) for the Al Khalij Field Development Project, in the year 2001.
ON ¡VSHORE/ ON-SITE ACTIVITIES (involved with NPCC, for various clients in NPCC Mussafah Yard, Das Island etc.)
SAUDI ARAMCO (Saudi Arabian Oil Company)
* Fabrication of SFNT TP-17 Jacket (6 legged jacket) , SFNY 588/593 deck of project
North Safaniya Artificial Lift Facilities in year 2006.
ADMA- OPCO ,ABU DHABI.
* US1, US2, US3 and DAS EFFLUENT MONOPOD towers.
* Off-Shore Khuff Gas Development Project in the year2002.
(TAPP Jacket,TA-NGTP BS Deck, TA Flare Jacket, TA Flare Tower, NKPP Flare
Jacket, NKPP- KPP B.S. Jacket etc.)(NPCC Project no- 028)
* Replacement of damaged Boat Landings for 8 Towers in the year 2003(NPCC Project No-2038)
ADMA ¡VOPCO, DAS Island
* Das Island COS Tank farm ¡V Full Surface fire fighting facilities in 2002.
* Das Flare System Revamp in 2002.
* Major Overhaul of Crude Oil Storage Tanks # 7 and #11 in 2003-2004.
QGPC ¡V QATAR
* QGPC ¡V Off-shore Jackets and Platforms. (MM-G08, BH-G07, HALUL,PS2,and PS3.) in the year 1998.
TOTAL SOUTH PARS(at PGSC yard, BANDER ABBAS, IRAN)
TSP Jackets, Decks, Flares and Bridges ¡V LS1,LS2,LS3 Jackets, BSP1,BSP2 Decks, WP1-BSP1,BSP1-RP1,WP2-BSP2 & BSP2 ¡V RP2 Bridges, in the year 2001.
SOROOSH AND NOWROOSH INTEGRATED DEVELOP.. PROJECT.
Fabrication and Testing of pressure vessels at NPCC pressure vessel shop in the year 2003.
Aug 97 to Feb98 : M/S SERIMER SHARJAH, U.A.E.
Position : Q.C. Inspector
Principal Duties : Q.C. Inspection of Off-Shore projects- SIRRI A & E Development Project of TOTAL SIRRI/NIOC OFF-SHORE.
Material Inspection, Welding Inspection, Preparation of NDT Requests, Painting Inspection and Field Joint Coating Inspection etc.
Off-Shore Jacket installation
* DPG, WPE1, WPE2 ,WPE3(4 legged jackets)
SUBMARINE PIPE LINES
* Dia 18c, 16c,14c & 12c ¡V total 83 km in length.
Jan 95 to July 97 : WESCON INTL. B.V. ABU DHABI, U.A.E.
Position : QA/QC & Inspection Engineer.
Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Inspection of various Projects in Oil fields and Refineries (Clients- ADNOC, ADCO, GASCO, FERTIL etc.)
Preparation of I.T.P, Method Statements, Procedures etc. as per the guidance of the QA/QC Manager.
Material Inspection, Welding Inspection, Co ¡V Ordination of the NDT activities, PWHT, Preparation of Hydrotest Packages, Requesting the client for witnessing the hydrotest, Getting approval on the hydrtotest certificates from the client, For the Hydrotest of the pipelines, co-ordinate with sub contractors for pigging, hydrotest, dewatering etc.. Painting Inspection, QC documentation including the final submission of the Inspection Data Book to the client.
During the Plant shut down maintenance jobs, carry out corrosion survey on pressure vessels, Heat exchangers etc., including wall thickness checking.
Aug 94 to Dec 94 : DODSAL PTE. LTD, DUBAI.
Position : QC Engineer ¡V Jar
Principal Duties: * Welding Inspection of the modification of the plant piping during the shut down.
*Co ¡Vordinate with NDT sub contractors for NDT activities.
*Documentation of various activities.
Feb 94 to May 94 : ESSAR OFFSHORE, BOMBAY
Position : QC Inspector
Principal Duties: INSPECTION AND QUALITY CONTROL OF OFFSHORE PROJECTS AT O.N.G.C. PLATFORMS AT BOMBAY HIGH (BOMBAY HIGH MODIFICATON PROJECTS.)
Welding Inspection of Hook up and other construction works.
Material checking, Welding Inspection, Preparation of NDT Requests for the NDT activities and PWHT. Assisting the BARGE SUPDT in various other activities also related to the project execution and Barge-Administration.
Jan 90 to Nov 93 : GOPEC PVT LTD., BOMBAY.
Position : Mechanical Engineer
INSPECTION, PLANNING AND MONITORING OF VARIOUS MINOR PROJECTS (FABRICATION/ERRECTION OF PLANT PIPING, PIPELINES, SILOS ETC...)
Inspection ¡VStage wise inspection and getting the approval of clients on the reports.(Material Inspection ,Welding Inspection, Dimensional Check etc.)
Planning and monitoring ¡V Preparation of Bar Charts, allocation of the resources, monitoring etc. for the minor projects.
Sept 89 to Dec 89 : NDT HOUSE, BOMBAY.
Position : NDT Supervisor
Principal Duties Co-ordinate the NDT activities of various sites.
Radiographic Testing ¡V Familiar with various steps of Radiographic Testing (Hands on experience in the operation of radiographic cameras and accessories, exposure techniques, developing and interpretation of radiographs)
Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI)
Liquid Penetrant Test (LPT)
Ultrasonic Test (UT)
PWHT ¡V Supervise the PWHT at site. Familiar with the various steps of PWHT and hands on experience with machine HES ¡V 675.
March88 to Aug 89 : ANAND ENGINEERS, BOMBAY.
Position : Mechanical Engineer
Principal Duties STAGEWISE INSPECTION & DOCUMENTATION OF THE FABRICATION OF PRESSURE VESSELS, HEAT EXCHANGERS, COLUMNS etc.
Stage wise Inspection (Material Inspection, Welding Inspection etc.)
Application of Operations Research Techniques for Process Optimization.
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
16 Years in Inspection and Quality Control of Fabrication, & Erection of Oil Field Installations/Off-Shore Platforms, Piping, Sub marine Pipe Lines, Risers, Crude Oil Storage Tanks, Pressure Vessels etc.
2 Years in Project Co-ordination, Planning of site activities of minor projects & Shut down Maintenance-Inspection of various Plants.
Preparation of As ¡V Built Drawings.
Hands on experience in NDT( RT, UT, LPI and MPI )
Familiar with the fundamentals of Project Management Techniques (Operations Research, Network Analysis ¡V PERT, CPM , etc..)