where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
measuring sheet piling
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

IMASONIC SAS
IMASONIC offers custom solutions for single to serial productions of ultrasonic transducers for NDT including phased array.

07:17 Feb-15-2001
Tom Andress
measuring sheet piling

We have sheet piling driven into the river. They may be up to 100 feet long and 1/2 inch thick. Is there any technology to enable one end measurement of the length. I spoke with KB and they indicated the end shape in driving these piles and corrosion may keep the signal from propagating. Has anyone had success in this type of application? Please let me know.

08:02 Feb-21-2001

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
Re: measuring sheet piling Don't know exactly if it will work on sheet but works on round piling. Strike the exposed end with an impact device close to an Acoustic Emission sensor. Listen for response wave. You may have to do some trial work first but it may work well. If you need assistance please contcat me. Accuracy will not be to nearest millimeter but should be sensitive enough for you.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|