Job Location: Middle east
494 Elgin St. (West), Unit # 20,
Cobourg, Ontario, K9A 4T6, Canada.
Tel. 905-377-8617, Cell. 905-376-0202
CHEMIST / FORMULATOR
Coatings manufacturing and related industry.
Dynamic Coatings Chemist with 12+ years professional experience in R&D , Quality Control and Processing activities in coatings industry. Strong experience and practical knowledge in water and solvent based industrial Wood coatings, OEM, protective, architectural & specialty coatings.
- Experienced on W/B, S/B &100% U/V curing and conventional wood & floor coatings
- Experienced on 2K poly urethane for wood and metal
- Experienced on Epoxy and other conventional coatings
- Experienced on to develop & modified product depending on customers requirement and
to implement product on customers application line
- To implement a formulation in production and to make sure standard end properties
- Expertise in coatings testing, analysis and defect investigation
- Knowledgeable about different application line (roll coater, curtain coater, spray equipment)
- Knowledgeable about color matching, raw material and their manufacturer & supplier
- Customer visit and troubleshooting
- Can provide any kind of support to QC and production regarding process control
- Strong team worker and to help co-worker regarding other technology to meet project deadline
- Strong sales supporter to provide technical help for the growth of the business
- Skilled in time management and able to meet deadlines
- Able to do multi tusk and work independently
1.Chemcraft International Inc., Port Hope, Ontario. September,06 to Present
Coatings manufacturer, www.chemcraft.com
Designation: Coatings Chemist.
- Developed and improved customized W/B, UV and polyurethane formulations for wood coatings
- Improved pre & post cat formulations for wood finishes
-Reformulated the mill base volume of certain products to save processing time and improve productivity.
-Designed & implemented new methodology of color matching to ensure faster quality control and to reduce complaint.
2.UCP Paints Inc., Montreal, Quebec. February 2004 to August 2006
Coatings manufacturer, www.solignum.ca
Designation: Chemist, R&D.
New product development: Water and solvent based traffic paint, edge coatings for wood and OSB board, Floor varnish, concentrated pallet marking paint for CHEP Canada and CPC, 3 step textured stone coatings, latex hockey stick varnish, baking paint for bicyle.
Product Improvement: 2K epoxy Zn rich primer & top coat, Floor coatings for concrete, W/B DTM finish and primers for OEM, exterior latex flat finish, interior latex flat & semi gloss.
3. Mira-Lux Paints Inc., Montreal, Quebec. October 2000 to January 2004
Designation: Chemist and Lab In-charge
New product development: Two component 100% solid epoxy coatings, acrylic dryfall paint for architectural use, OEM high build primer, acrylic baking for bicycles, baking- epoxy for metal, W/B DTM finish, Post catalized wood coatings.
Product Improvement: 2K acrylic urethane regarding flow, finish and hardness for industrial, 50% more hiding of field marking paint without cost increase, Alkyd-melamine baking regarding flow, finish, adhesion & flexibility.
4.Berger Paints Bangladesh Ltd, Dhaka, Bangladesh. Dec. 1994 to Sept.2000
Coatings & Resin manufacturer, www.bergerbd.com
Designation: Assistant Manager, R&D/ QC
New product development: Two component poly urethane, epoxy based marine primer and top coat, marine antifouling red, economy grade baking enamel, water and solvent borne different bases for automatic color dispensing system, soya short alkyd, TDI modified long oil soya alkyd.
Product Improvement: 2 pack epoxy coatings regarding corrosion resistance & durability. DTM coatings regarding hiding, flow and syneresis.
Process Development: Rationalization the mill base volume of S/B coatings and results saving energy, labor, money and increases the productivity.
In 1998 have had three weeks long technical training in Berger Paints India Limited. A report on RM quality assurance, S/B architectural coatings, W/B architectural coatings, Protective coatings, General industrial coatings, Process control, Quality control and Manufacturing was submitted to Managing Director of Berger Paints Bangladesh Limited on completion of this training.
1994: Obtained the degree of Master of Science In Chemistry from Dhaka University. Specialization on Physical & Inorganic Chemistry. This degree is evaluated by Gov. of Quebec, Canada and have the equivalency.
1992: Obtained the degree of Bachelor of Science with honors in Chemistry from Dhaka University.